Youtube View Count

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by LP Soldier 01, Aug 13, 2017.

LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

I have always had a doubt regarding how Youtube views are counted and also how Spotify plays are counted, so here it is:

Does it count a view/play only the first time I play the video on Youtube or hear the song on Spotify or does it keep counting every time I click for the video/song on each of the platforms? And does it matter if it's on the same device or not?

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Every time you watch a video on YouTube for at least 30 seconds it counts as a view.

At 300 views, the system checks the sources of these views to verify that they aren't being artificially inflated. It disregards any more if they're literally all from the same IP address. They also check for views coming from the same IP block and the like so people can't just reset their routers to get around it.

Don't use Spotify so I don't know anything but I'd hazard a guess that they might use a similar system.

minuteforce likes this.
    LP Soldier 01

So each person can give 300 views under 1 IP and if the person changes the place where the computer is, then the IP also changes and we can give another 300 views, right?

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Man I always swore it capped at 1view per person on Youtube. That SHOULD be how it works ion my honest opinion.

LP Soldier 01

I have a doubt regarding the usage of copyrighte music on a Youtube channel. For example if I want to make a video of an album or song review, how can I use the music video or the audio of the song I want without getting any warning for copyright violation?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    MarkzHenry

MarkzHenry Health

Obviously YouTube video is being count on every click or view.There are not an assumption that you are view the video through the same device..

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Spotify is the same, yeah.