Conspiracy theories in music

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by LP Soldier 01, Jul 14, 2017.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I think my least favorite conspiracy theories know are that said artist was murdered instead of killing themselves.
    Kurt Cobain's conspiracy theory never made me hate these conspiracies but I actually have friends who believe both Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington were murdered.

These are so stupid. None of the 3 were murdered. Sorry your favorite artist killed themselves but none of them were murdered.

Gravity_LP and Modern Guitar God like this.
    LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

What really bugs me is regarding Avril Lavigne's conspiracy theory and when I see all the comments either on Facebook, Instagram or Youtube that the one who posts the messages and the videos is Melissa, not Avril and no matter how many times I can say that the theory is bullshit, those comments keep coming up after anything new she posts. I have the idea that it is a theory which makes people hate on her without any particular reason. Those people are just being unfair and stupid and that will only make a person who visits Avril's social media for the first time without any previous contact with her music feel the need to hate on her just because people say she's dead for so long and has been replaced by a look-alike that sings just like the original Avril. It could have been downgrading to her even in terms of album sales because those theories are there since Under My Skin in 2004, which is more or less the time she presumably killed herself after the pressure she was feeling that came from the inability to handle that pressure that was on her after the meteoric rise to fame after her debut album Let Go in 2002.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Oh don't get me started. That's one conspiracy theory that actually gets me riled up man.

If she died, we would have found out about in the media, like we did with Michael Jackson, Chris Cornell, or Chester. It's still her!

It would take the work of a wizard to cover up the death of a celebrity, especially one of that caliber.

LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

I agree with all of that, I just said that in a much longer post, that theory really irritates me. No one in the social media reported her death, just some silly claims by a blog called http://avrilestamorta.blogspot.pt/ and I saw a video on a Brazilian Youtube channel called Canal Nostalgia where the theory was explained, the apparent physical signs of it as well as almost all the images on Under My Skin booklet that show her sad, lying on the ground. The guy even mentions the fact that there is a red cross on the cover of Under My Skin and the fact that her image is in black. He goes further into picking signs from Nobody's Home video, but seriously the only sign there is the sign of brilliance in the guitar work Ben Moody has put up on that song. In the end I have to give credit to that Brazilian channel because it was thanks to it that I came back to the Avril songs I knew best (Sk8er Boi and Wish You Were Here) and cry to Wish You Were Here once again after 6 years. That song has everything I look for in music, it's one of the best I've ever heard for sure from any artist, I think only One More Light touched me in the way that song did.

StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

Prince was the one who sang "Oh Sheila".