Hello, Dear Friends.

Discussion in 'Newbie Camp' started by karlatf, Aug 14, 2017.

karlatf

karlatf Member

Hello darlings! First of all I truly just wanted to say hi to you all!

I was super reluctant to sign up, I hadn't been to a forum in about 10 years or more, I grew out of this type of stuff around 2007, so I was like eeehhhh don't be silly, karla! I'm not a kid messing around the internet anymore, I'm a bloody adult for pete's sake!

But!! BUT. Truly I feel a lot of things right now and honestly, what I've seen on twitter lately coming from yout LP community is really incredible, you all are so mature and grounded and have been acting so supporting, I was like, yeah this is childish in my book but these guys are certantly not and if any group of people can understand my feelings right now it is them; I've been feeling very alone lately.

I was in a fanclub around 2003, and ever since I kept listening and following the band but not into forums and websites and that sort of thing (Oh! I was very active when last.fm was a thing haha!). But yeah, it's been hard coping with what happened and I wanted to be a little closer to kind people who understand that, a friend of mine drew me the other day listening to music with chaz and i showed it to my coworkers and they were like "oh, cute" and i was like, ok then.

TL;DR!! I am Karla, almost 30, I am an engineer, living with my dogs in a place far far away :) I love the band so much and I hope I get to enjoy some quality time with you, baes! I speak spanish, english and german if that makes any communication possible between some of you and I!

Also let me show off my friend's drawing!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    Joh, Hybrid, darkviruz and 1 other person like this.
    Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Hi, welcome to LPA :)

Glad you decided to sign up here. We're pretty nice for the most part and don't judge. Were you in LPU before

Can't see the drawing but I'm sure you'll fix that sometime.

Halfway Dwight

Halfway Dwight We are the fortunate ones.

Hey, welcome to the forums!

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

No-one has ever said this about us before :lol:

darkviruz

darkviruz Well-Known Member

Hi Karla. Always nice to see new Soldiers.
    Willkommen im Forum :)

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Welcome to the land of dazed and confused!! Umm cookie? :)

karlatf

karlatf Member

Thank you all! :hug:

I used to code websites and I swear I feel like a grandma figuring out the board settings again! Bare with me if I post like a fucking loser!

Haha let me have high expectations at least for a week!!

See? I'm a grandma! Let's try again!
    [​IMG]
    :wave:

Mysticliz

Mysticliz Well-Known Member

Hi there Karla...

I felt the same way when I first signed up here.. . Last time I was in any sort if forum was msn groups... that going back some yrs...
    So if you feel like a grandma i must be a great grandma lol... (am 45 soon )

I've found the guys here extremely warm, welcoming & very supportive... and definately non judgemental..

That is a lovely picture your friend drew.. and how lovely of them to do something you can treasure ... & to help you heal..

LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

That picture is very unique and truthful. The lyrics that were picked from The Messenger song really represent how we should feel for each other, because loving is the only way to overcome the hardest times of our lives in a world that is becoming a more and more scary place to live in every day. We are most of the times blinded by anger, denial and another hard feelings that might show when something wrong or something we didn't want happens and love is the best way to forget those hard feelings, carry on and become a better person every day.

Mysticliz likes this.
    karlatf

karlatf Member

Haha I don't feel that alone in the age department anymore :) thanks a lot darling! I agree; these kids play it down but they are very warming and supportive.

You know how mike tweeted it and yeah... Anyway thanks you guys for the welcoming :hug:

Nadja

Nadja Active Member

Hello Karla!
    The drawing is so so so lovely! :)

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Who needs a cookie?