How are you coping?

Discussion in 'Chester Bennington' started by StrictlyJohnD, Jul 26, 2017.

1. StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

Chester was huge on '80s music i.e. Depeche Mode, The Smiths, etc. so it wouldn't surprise me the least if he were still around, came upon that video, and couldn't stop replaying it. Jah, I miss him :chesterscandle:.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
  2. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Mine too. They were like "you'll find some other band to listen to" minutes after I heard the news. not cool.

3. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

His voice sounds even better there lol. Amazing

Yeah he was influenced by those bands as well as The Cure

4. Krista

Krista New Member

The day after Chester died I had to go away on a weekend trip to Mexico. I had planned the trip when I was in good spirits with a guy I'd just started dating. I was a complete mess from the news and was trying to keep it contained so I could make it through the weekend. I told the guy I was struggling and he tried to understand but just could not truly get it since he wasn't a fan. Well I couldn't snap out of my horrible state of mind to have fun on the trip, so we ended up arguing and the whole weekend went to shit. All I wanted to do was be home so I could curl up in my apartment, sob, and properly mourn this awful loss of Chester, but I was stuck on vacation with someone I don't know very well. HORRIBLE timing for that trip. I've been a fan since 2001. I feel like a part of me died too. The only time I'm okay is when I'm not thinking about it. I can't think about it and be okay with it. In time, hopefully. My heart especially breaks for the band. And obviously his family. But I can't imagine what the band is feeling. And knowing that people I have so much love for are suffering kills me. I'm grateful there are so many fans who understand how I'm feeling. This isn't really something I can talk about with people I actually know, apart from one friend - a fellow LP fan who this has deeply affected too.

_cam_ and Lynn like this.
  5. Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

There's an emptiness inside and everytime i Listen to LP i get emotional sad, angry

Krista likes this.
  6. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

Me too
    I was a little better already but for some reason the last three days feel so empty and hard again

Krista likes this.
  7. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Watched the Birmingham show today. This still completely sucks.

Krista likes this.
  8. Jadedjcbxnyc6981

Jadedjcbxnyc6981 Active Member

Some days are better than others. I work at Hard Rock and was working that day. They were artist of the month so that meant every 90 minutes either Heavy or Good Goodbye would play. At 2:45pm Heavy played and I just sang it while working. It was surreal. And yesterday they played Bleed it out (from Road to revolution) and I just watched and it hit that the last time I saw that live was 3yrs ago (8.19.14) at Carnivores at Jones Beach here in NY. Never thought it would be the very last time I'd hear it live.

I keep listening to all their music even going back to Chesters days in Grey Daze. I tried to listen to other musuc but just can't seem to. Songs that would make happy, well its just a void there now

Krista and Blake like this.
  9. Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

I went to Jones beach too seen them twice at jones beach when living things came out and the hunting party. Best two nights of my life, its amazing how a bunch of guys making music has an impact on your life and daily struggles really help

Lynn likes this.
  10. _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

I never talk over and over again about Chester's death in social media just the time when he passed away so I never got this kind of insensitive comments from friends. I do appreciate those friends of mine who messaged me privately in FB and telling how sorry they are on what happened. You can really tell who are those people who really care about you.

Same here.

Krista, Lynn and Sonic like this.
  11. StrictlyJohnD

So I'm in L.A. and I visited the Seventh Letter store on Fairfax and Oakwood Avenues to check out the second of two reported Chester murals in the city. This German couple was nice enough to take a picture of me in front of it. Of course, I said a silent prayer for Chester's soul before leaving.

[​IMG]

Carla and dontFindOutMe like this.
  12. Mysticliz

Mysticliz Well-Known Member

Ok I'm having a really bad day today...

In private I've been in a low mood more then usual since 21st July.. the events of the day before brought up issues that I'd been successfully pushing down for 4 yrs .. but especially over the last 3 weeks I just sit and vegetate all day into the silly wee hours of the morning (like 4-6am)...
    But today is the worse.. I know I have so much to do I prep for a wedding in attending Saturday but no motivation... I've just postponed my driving lessons due to finding I'm financially unable to afford them this month... my daughter has changed jobs and now doubting her decision in doing so. I return to work monday yet I'm struggling to get up in the mornings (due to insomnia) and starting to worry about oversleeping .. it's all feeling blah at the moment ... :(:cry::(

13. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I swear when I listen to LP it hurts me more to hear Shinoda singing. 'Cause it's like... he's still here, he's with us and it's harder for him than any of us to deal with this, and he has to.

brady likes this.
  14. ~Laura~

~Laura~ Active Member

I've not told anyone how i feel.
    Paul Walker is/was my favourite actor and i got those comments when i was upset over his death, so with Chester I've not talked about it with anyone. I posted something on facebook when i found out and thats it. Just grieved alone.

15. StrictlyJohnD

If you're having suicidal thoughts, please talk to someone. Call this number: 1-800-273-8255

It's the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.