What was the first L.P. song you heard?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mysticliz, Jul 26, 2017.

Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Yeah same here, I'd sort of heard Hybrid Theory stuff without paying too much attention and I knew of the band and genre, but it was seeing them performing SIB on TV that really got me hooked. They just had something about them no other band I knew had.

LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

I actually don't remember which was the first LP song I heard because I was 2 when HT came out and 5 when Meteora came out, the first I really remember from the radio is Shadow Of The Day, but I feel like I had listened to Numb/Encore, Somewhere I Belong and In The End at that time. I only have a vague memory about that time, but those were good years for sure. I actually recall Evanescence much better because Bring Me To LIfe had much more airplay than LP in my country, the album Fallen was on the portuguese charts for more than 70 weeks and sold about 80k copies which is great for a country like Portugal.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

The first three songs I heard were Crawling, In The End, and My December. I don't remember what order they were in.
    I was over at my uncle's house and my cousin who was older than me had just discovered them and played me those three songs.
    I made my dad download them on Napster for me that night. :lol:
    It was a simpler time.

Jadedjcbxnyc6981

Jadedjcbxnyc6981 Active Member

First LP song I heard and saw was Crawling. I was working and going to school simultaneously so I couldn't watch videos like I used to, so my brother decided to have the VCR (yeah I'm old ) record videos of off MTV. He ayed Crawling for me and I was like "who is this?". My then boyfriend bought a copy of Hybrid Theory, then I bought myself a copy. Bought the Frat Party DVD for him (its mine now and was signed by them 5 yrs ago), watched it and immediately joimed the LPU and joined the LPST. That was 16 yrs ago. I was 22yrs old when I finally met them back in 2003.

Joh

Joh Active Member

My first LP song I heared was "one step closer". I saw the video on MTV and it was love at first side.
    I was maybe 14 at that time, and so annoyed by everyone around me listening to the backstreet boys :lol:

The next day I bought the album and listend to them every single day. This album made my days during that time.

darkviruz and Mysticliz like this.
    darkviruz

darkviruz Well-Known Member

For me it is similar :)
    Before LP I heard something rock. But mostly pop. The first single and the album "Hybrid Theory" I heard up and down.
    My sister was also immediately fan of the music.

Joh likes this.
    Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Points of Authority was my first one. Then I discovered the rest of Hybrid Theory and it was a wrap.

~Laura~

~Laura~ Active Member

First song was One Step Closer in 2000 :)

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I'm sure I heard ITE or something before, but What I've Done was my entry point. WID, In The End, Faint, BTH, and Numb were my only songs for a while, except for each single as it was promoted with a MV

karlatf

karlatf Member

I think crawling but it may had been one step closer; I was watching a lot of mtv when hybrid theory was released so I was there when they debuted. I think it was in the end what got me to buy hybrid theory to be honest.