Linkin Park To Hold Los Angeles Event and Thank You

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Aug 22, 2017.

Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

Even if they make more albums, and tour idk how they will play their songs with chesters parts even the old songs. It will be very difficult, and they just can not play their old songs because thats why most ppl go to their shows to listen to the old stuff. And the band knows that mostly everyone wants to here the old songs. At this point i respect whatever they do next, but imo i think they should retire the Linkin park name. The band has achieved so much, they are the biggest band of the 21st century theres no denying that. Without Chester theres an emptiness that will never go away.But everything has to come to an end unfort.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Yeah I'm kinda thinking the same that the next record will have a similar sound to OML, but tonally, it will be unlike anything we've heard from the band.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I'm glad someone of your stature finally had the balls to say this.

@LP2K12 likes this.
    Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

I haven't posted here in a while, I've had a break away from the internet for the most part for the past 2 weeks. I've been lurking around and reading the threads and messages but didn't feel like posting. It's so surreal how my emotions keep changing; going from sad, to crying, then to being happy and trying to move on, then becoming sad and emotional again (after losing a family member 9 days after Chester passed away), to overcoming that and trying to be positive, to feeling so down and then being alright again. It really is an emotional rollercoaster! On Monday, I felt to sad, it was strange as I just remember waking up that morning and feeling drained. Maybe it was because I had a bizarre dream that night, where I was talking to Chester and for some odd reason he was going on about how he hated the video game, Rainbow Six Siege and hated violence (I guess this is due to his speech that I still remember now in Birmingham regarding the Manchester terrorist attack). I remember dwelling on it when I woke up and feeling overcome with sadness again after being fine for a good week or so. I was just so low as it made me realise again how much I miss Chester, how hurt I am for the band and the fans and also due to losing someone close to me in my family.

It comes back in waves but I always try and remember all the good things; the fact I met Chester at his last show, the fact I am alive during the Linkin Park and Chester era, that I got to listen to his unique voice and his personal story, so many good memories to cherish from Chester and the band. I guess these emotions all boil down to how much love I have for Chester and for the band for everything they have done for me in my life so I guess this will happen for a long time and that is to be expected.

Anyway, reading this message really made me smile, seeing them acknowledge they're going to rebuild as Linkin Park makes me so proud and I will always be there for them as a fan. Although they've lost one of their brothers, one of their creative outlets and one of the major cogs in the Linkin Park machine, the heart of the band that is Chester Bennington, I will always be there for the 5 of them as I love them all. Even though Chester was my hero and was the main reason I first got into the band, I'll always support the band whatever they choose to do in the future, whether that be as a 5-piece, as a 5-piece with some guests or eventually with a new vocalist, I'll still be here as I am a Linkin Park fan. It'll be hard whatever the outcome they choose but I'll always be there whatever path they go down. Plus, whether they go down the rock route, the pop route, the metal route, I'll support them no matter what as I've enjoyed all of their work. For now, it's all about being there for them still, showing them love through this still raw and emotional time and supporting them with this event. It'll be heartbreaking but I know they'll deliver a fantastic tribute for Chester.

I will still be around to post but I may be on and off as like I said, I have my up and down days but I'll still be around when more updates emerge.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I've been saying it for weeks on here. The band deserves the right to decide what they want to do with Linkin Park. Period.

@LP2K12, Avo, Carla and 3 others like this.
    Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

They do deserve to continue as a band, none of this is their fault, but I will most likely not be a fan anymore. I'm not saying that out of any form of bitterness or anything, I'm saying that because it will just be too painful for me to see them continue without Chester. Chester was such a huge part of why I liked the band. He brought the heart and the personality, not to mention his beautiful, unique voice. I just can't and don't want to imagine LP without him.

And to anyone who feels the same, I don't think that's anything to feel bad or guilty about. Everyone deals with something like this in their own way and there really is no right or one way to do it. The only thing that you can do right in this is being respectful.

Derek

I personally feel that given the fact that any future music will probably deal heavily with the loss of Chester (lyrically), that it may in turn prove to be a healing tool for me. It's why in a weird way as much as I cant imagine a Linkin Park album without Chester, I'm still curious about what comes next because I really feel the fanbase needs the band moreso than ever. We need their help to heal from this loss, just like they need ours. We're a family and we will grieve and heal together for years to come.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

See, but sometimes you know if you will like something or not before you even try it.

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

I will probably listen to new music because I'm curious about the lyrical content after Chester's death. And I'll probably stick around here because I like the community, but I won't be a fan like I was before. I won't be attending future LP shows, I won't be getting hyped for a new album release, watch livestreams or keep up with LP news on a daily basis.

Honestly, my interest in LP has lessened a little over the years because I kept waiting for an interesting album like ATS and to this day that album hasn't come yet and I don't think it ever will. Now with Chester's passing, who was a huge reason for why I was still into the band, that interest has deminished even more. Like I said, the guys deserve to continue, but for me this seems like a good time to say goodbye to the band in a sense. It's depressing and heartbreaking, but unfortunately it is what it is.

I do hope you and anyone else who needs it finds healing in the new music, Derek. Who knows.. maybe I'll do too eventually.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

It will be heartbreaking to see guys on stage without Chester and there will also be a lot of crying so I'm curious about that memorial but dreading it at the same time. As for the future, I can't say anything because I can't wait to see what they'll come up with and how they'll regroup but I also know nothing will be the same anymore. We'll just have to wait and see but I'll listen to it with open mind.

Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

If anything this tragedy has made me more determined to support the guys in whatever they do in the future. I really, really wish Chester was still around and it will never be the same, but no way will I ever stop being a fan of the band. Those 5 guys have written some of my favorite ever music, and are also fantastic people who deserve happiness and success. The LP community needs to stick together, the guys are going to need their fans to be there for them to somehow get through this and to be able to continue to do what they love.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I'm going to approach a Chester-less LP as an entirely new band, even with the same name and all of the rest of the same guys (and even the "main guy" still there). Whether or not that's entirely fair I can't make a good case for, but that's my mindset at the moment.

Knt.Slbs likes this.
    Derek

It would be in many ways 'new era' of Linkin Park, so technically a new band. So that's not unfair, but accurate.

Knt.Slbs likes this.
    Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

I look at it like this even though it might be the wrong way to look at it, feels like the band has come full circle and become Xero all over again

Knt.Slbs likes this.
    Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Damn. It's really tough to see them going this way though. Can the band make another hit album post-Chester? I don't know. Do they have to establish again and prove to world that they are still around? Maybe. Whatever it may be, the band needs time to figure out how to shake things up when it comes to future releases. Do they need another ATS-esque record to celebrate HT20 or they need a new commercial album to staple themselves going forward post-Chester era? That's a tough one to choose but it's up to the band.

Derek

I think if anything, they'll be helped by the fact that people are going to be curious so they'll check it out. It's unfortunate that people will be curious for morbid reasons, but as long as the band would deliver an incredible album (and I have faith in the boys), it should be a hit.

...I just wish it would be a hit with Chester. So tough to think if we get any more music it wont have Chester. Such a hard pill to swallow. I want more Linkin Park, but I never thought I'd have to be accept that it would be without Chester.

Michele, cryoshok, darkviruz and 5 others like this.
    Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

I hear ya, but they dont have to prove themselves to anyone anymore HT proved that along with the other albums, their success is amazing. I have faith in Mike, i mean i think he can pull off singing, rapping, and hell even screaming or growling lol

Iopia and Carla like this.
    Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Haha now I really want to hear Mike using death growls.

ZelesteBeauty likes this.
    Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Mike continues to surprise us each time that it wouldn't even shock me :lol:

I think one of them joked something like if Mike had more arms he could be the entire band.

ZelesteBeauty and CannaKippers like this.
    ZelesteBeauty

ZelesteBeauty Well-Known Member

For future shows regarding old songs...they could always do what TLC does with their old songs. I have seen them use a hologram of left eye and they just use a playback of her voice. They could do something similar with Chester.