Compilation album/tribute album?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by viktorignatov77, Sep 1, 2017.

viktorignatov77

viktorignatov77 Well-Known Member

So I was thinking if the band decides to put out a compilation album of their best songs OR they will search for unreleased songs, mostly from OML cycle since they got vocals recorded first and finish them to make a tribute album for Chazy. Tell me your opinion about it.

~Laura~

~Laura~ Active Member

I was thinking that maybe they'll release some unreleased songs as they are bound to have loads. They could do either, however I feel new stuff we've not heard would be a nice way to honour him.

viktorignatov77 likes this.
    Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

IMO, I think it would be much better if the band would release a Greatest Hits compilation accompanying with 3 or 4 new tracks to honor Chester's legacy before proceeding to the next LINKIN PARK new era. Anything from OML sessions, they can finish those and release as exclusive tracks for the compilation.

~Laura~ likes this.
    Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

If they continue LPU, then I think that's where the unreleased material will continue to be released. The tracks on OML specifically started off as "stripped down", and I'd personally like to hear how those songs started off before they became what they are on OML.

There's probably also cut tracks from OML that didn't make it, as well as other albums. A lot of material is obviously in a very unfinished state never really intended to be released, but I imagine there's a sizeable amount with Chester's vocals for them to work on at some point. Hopefully, we'll get to hear some of it eventually.

viktorignatov77 likes this.
    StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

I prefer a release consisting of unreleased material. Knowing the band, I'm sure they have more than one hard drive for at least two albums.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

But knowing the band, they will be insistent that those songs are not worthy material. I'm betting we'll get it on LPU releases, but nothing tells me they will put Chester vocals on any actual album releases unless it's like in a really subtle way, like a sample that you can't recognize or something like the interlude we hear between AFN and GATS on THP. They're not gonna complete a body of work out of stuff they've previously deemed not good enough and call it a new album. I wouldn't think so at least.

Chris loves LP likes this.
    StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

You have a point there. If anything, I like a lot of stuff they made that ended up on the cutting room floor. I bet there are plenty of OML demos that would have us like, "Damn, they thought this sucks?!?"