Chester Bennington Support Thread - We're here for you

Discussion in 'Chester Bennington' started by Kevin, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

The memorial might help you to say your own final goodbye and come to terms with what had happened. You'll be among people who are going through the same feelings like you, who understand your sadness and if you talk about it with them it might help you feel better. Doing rituals like singing favourite LP songs or releasing balloons (or whatever is planned) will be like saying goodbye, a final closure. Nobody can promise you that you won't get depressed again afterwards but you will feel better. It's what happened to me, the thought of being at the memorial with people who understand me helped me a lot. Bad thoughts came again and it was a rollercoaster of feelings for a couple of days but now I feel better. Maybe I have finally accepted what happened, we'll see how it goes from here. One thing that also helped me is that I stayed in touch with a couple of people who were at the memorial and set up out our won fan club. If I feel bad, I know I can share my feelings there or watch funny videos or pictures people post there. I wish you luck and hope you'll feel better :)

2. Nadja

Nadja Active Member

You don't have to go if it's too much for you. But from the other side it's a chance to discover all of your emotions and feel free from them.
    I have a big rock tribute for Chester in my city tomorrow but i don't think i will attend it...

darkviruz and ZelesteBeauty like this.
  3. ZelesteBeauty

ZelesteBeauty Well-Known Member

Thank you!! I will be with a friend so hopefully that will be helpful as well.

darkviruz likes this.
  4. ZelesteBeauty

I know I will regret if I don't go. We are having a huge memorial for him at planet Hollywood right by club tattoo...i can't miss it.

darkviruz and Nadja like this.
  5. Nadja

Nadja Active Member

'I will regret if i don't go' - how much i feel it. Then you already have an answer. You're strong enough.

ZelesteBeauty likes this.
  6. ZelesteBeauty

7. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

I questioned until the last second before going if I really should. It was hard because I was scared of my feelings and I didn't want to cry in publicity. I was scared I will fall back as well and feel worse than I was actually feeling that moment. On the other hand I just like you knew that I will definitely regret not going. That was the point that made me go.

ZelesteBeauty likes this.
  8. Doridorica

I'm happy that I decided to go to the memorial because songs we sang brought peace, nobody cried and seeing all those posters made me come terms with what happened. We talked about what LP meant to us, how we felt when we heard the news and what would happend to the band now. It helped me to hear people were going through the same and I hope it will be like that for you. It's great that you decided to go.

Nadja, darkviruz and ZelesteBeauty like this.
  9. YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Sorry for bringing this up again, but I'm struggling even more now and I just wanted to ask you guys if you have any advice about it. It's making me go crazy to not feel good with anything, and not having appointments with my psychologist is only making me pile up everything inside even more, 'cause I don't have anybody else who helps me lower my anxiety as she does. My life currently can be described as me waking up, trying to do any activities, seeing nothing work, crawl into a messy crying ball and wait for the days to pass, so I can sleep again and forget the pain. I'm stuck in this, and I don't know what could possible release some of the pain, stress and anxiety. I'm having some really dark thoughts as well, most of them about suicide. It's okay if there's really not anything you guys can tell me to help me fix it, but I needed to share it once again, 'cause this is the only place where I can share some of my pain.

10. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

@YoMarques I am so sorry you are feeling this way. Other people will have much more insightful comment than me but I just thought of chiming in. Can you try going to another therapist? I know it's not the same but even if it helps a little bit, I think it might be worth it. The key is to break the cycle of negative thoughts and form positive connections in the brain. Maybe try doing things that you like without any expectations. Just try to enjoy them. Don't put any burden on yourself. Sometimes, we are our harshest critics. I am kinda going through the same rut. Nothing very serious but it's there. Forcing myself to talk to my friends, taking a daily walk and some good food elevates my mood. I hope you feel better soon. Take Care!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    Lynn, YoMarques and darkviruz like this.
  11. darkviruz

darkviruz Well-Known Member

It belongs very much courage to disclose its innermost Cátia. I would like to help you and also the others more. Unfortunately, I am not a psychologist. I feel with you.
    Cátia, I hope very much for you to have a positive future. You can count on me. Talking to others is very helpful in this difficult time.

YoMarques likes this.
  12. Nadja

Nadja Active Member

Mmm i'm not a psychologist but the first question i'd come to you would be "Can you give a name to your problem?" I mean can you transform it into a subject and just say it?

For example "My problem is i don't like anything and want nothing" sounds pretty blur because there is always a lot of elements which the problem includes. So, it can be "I don't like the way i look", "I feel alone", etc. And these points of view also have their elements, like "I don't like my nose, it's too big" or "I feel alone because my friends don't like to spend time with me". When you have this "chain" of many components it's easier to find solution for every small problem.

Idk maybe it was difficult what i just wrote but it came to my mind immediately.

Lynn and YoMarques like this.
  13. Doridorica

I'd advise the same thing as @dontFindOutMe If you're having suicidal thoughts the most important thing now is to search for the new therapist and go to therapy regularly. I'm sure there are some in your area or you can even call the old one and ask her. In the meantime, do something physical- exercise, run, anything that will worn you out and help you feel better.

YoMarques likes this.
  14. YoMarques

Thank you all so much, this means a lot to me :') It really helps coming here and just write what we're feeling without being scared of being judged. I appreciate all of you, I'm gonna try to do what you guys suggested. Again, thank you. I love you guys, and I'm here for you as well.

Lynn likes this.
  15. Doridorica

We're always here if you need to talk, no prejudices, no judging, just to help :)

YoMarques likes this.
  16. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

@YoMarques i hear what you are saying and am struggling too. As someone here said put your problem into precise terms and then it's easier to overcome.

I am ashamed to say that I am having huge suicidal thoughts again for almost 24 hours a day for the last 4 days. I have self harmed again and thought it would help but it didn't and now I have the problem of trying to hide it all. I'm sorry for my stupidity, I should know better

17. YoMarques

Thank you so much. Same for you. <3

I'm sorry you're struggling as well. Don't be ashamed about those things, it's the disease that makes you think like that. I'm sorry you self-harmed again. I don't know what's the better thing to say in these situations, but when you feel like doing it, try to shift that urge to something else. Like scribbling on a sheet of paper, or soaking your hands or any part you may want to harm in cold water. I don't know if these might work with you, but I have a friend who used to self-harm and this helped her sometimes.

Carla likes this.
  18. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

I will try that. Not heard of the soaking technique but I am willing to try anything now. Thank you for your kind words, it means so much to me at this point in this shit journey.

YoMarques likes this.
  19. YoMarques

I hope it works. And you can always write something here, we'll be here to help. And no need to thank, you've all helped me so much, I'm happy to do the same. <3

20. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

I would like to give you advices too but there's nothing left to say after I read all these advices... I hope you'll get better soon and find something that helps you. You can get through it. I believe in that being on this earth means that we're capable of surviving and being strong. We all have purpose and we can do it. We're stronger than everything that's trying to break us. We fall but we'll get back up.

YoMarques likes this.