Phone Use At Concerts

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by StrictlyJohnD, Sep 8, 2017.

StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

A pretty fiery topic since the iPhone became popular. What do you think about people using their phones to take pictures or put shows on Facebook Live?

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to document your experience, but at the same time, you paid out of the wazoo to see your favorite artist so why not leave your phone alone for a few hours?

By the way, LP's tribute photo of Chester with him surrounded by fans with phones is pretty cool.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

When at concerts, I try and limit it to a few one minute videos and maybe one full song recorded. As a general thought, I hate having people record or use their phone when it infringes on my enjoyment as well. Taking a video of your own face with the flash on as you ride through a dark ride as an example is straight up rude to me. Sticking your phone in front of your face and your arm in front of the people around you is straight up rude.

This is a personal opinion as a relevant side note, but I can't stand people who live in their phones in general. Balance is so necessary and people tend to lose focus on what's in front of them when they give attention to useless matters. There are very legitimate uses for phones, but I think everyone can use a bit less time dedicated toward it than we're giving it (myself included).

Sonic and Michele like this.
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

It annoys me. Like, its really sad, enjoy the fucking moment. You wont watch this videos anyways lol. You just stand in my way and dont give me a chance to see the show.

I dont have a problem with a pic here and there. But videos arent necessary. Just annoys me.

Sasuke likes this.
    brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

You say that, but I am so thankful I got the moment LP came on with the GATS intro and FM (at the time, my favorite song) when I got to see them for the only time in 2014. I'm glad that I was able to capture a memory from one of the best moments of my life so far, especially when I know I will never experience something like it again.

StrictlyJohnD

I'm a roadie for my friend's band. I take photos and capture video when possible at the shows. I guess that's different since he tells me to do it.

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

I don't see the problem with it at all. I saw LP twice live in July and took plenty of vids on both dates. I'm so thankful I got one video in particular of Chester only inches from me singing Crawling. Yes there are plenty of videos online of the performance but it's different watching it back knowing I recorded it and I was in that moment

brady likes this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I only have an issue it if it interferes somehow with other people's experiences at the show. Besides that, people can really enjoy a show, which they paid to see, however they want.

Personally, I never film at shows I go to because it's important to me that I'm present and taking in the experience.

Michele likes this.
    StrictlyJohnD

To have been that close to Chester must have been surreal. Lots of us regret not being able to experience what you experienced let alone attend a show.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

This.

StrictlyJohnD likes this.
    StrictlyJohnD

If you're lucky enough to score a ticket to the Chester tribute show next month, please use your phone on behalf of us who won't be able to make it.