Chester Bennington Support Thread - We're here for you

Discussion in 'Chester Bennington' started by Kevin, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Krizlinkin

Krizlinkin Active Member

Today I decided to get help for my depression and anxiety. I have been so close to giving up the fight recently, but the One More Light video yesterday gave me hope in a way. I really hope this nightmare will come to an end #fuckdepression

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  2. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

I'm proud of you for deciding to get some help! The OML video is sad but it's beautiful to see what it brings out on people. I'm sure that's what Chester and the other LP members want.

3. angi_LP

angi_LP Member

It's great that you made the decision to get help. I know it isn't an easy step. I am still fighting with myself.

Hope you feel better soon, even if it's just a little at the start.

Krizlinkin and darkviruz like this.
  4. AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

That's great! Proud of you :)

Krizlinkin likes this.
  5. YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Hi, my beautiful family.

Recently, I hurt my arm and I don't even know how. I can't move it at all, the pain is agonizing when I try to do so. I thought it was a tendinitis, went to the hospital, but the health system here is terrible, and they don't even know what I have... It might seem like something little, but it has just brought me down even more... I can't do normal things, I can't do anything, and it has been 5 days and it's not getting better one single bit. They prescribed me some meds which aren't helping at all. I'm just scared I'll need surgery or that I'll never be able to move my arm again, those are the bad things my depressed brain tell me all the time. It was already tough dealing with everything, and this little thing just seems like the last straw to make me go insane. Also, I haven't been able to sleep at all, because there's no position where my arm doesn't hurt, so I'm exhausted mentally and physically.

Anyway, sorry for all the whining. I hope you're all doing okay, despite everything. I love you and I'm always here reading you.

darkviruz and Krizlinkin like this.
  6. Joh

Joh Active Member

I'm proud of you :) It's a big step but I am convinced it is the right direction.

In general I wanted to say that I agree with all of you that also small things can help. Whenever I have a bad day and get into dark thoughts it helps me a lot to just write everything down that is in my head. I basically just let my hand write everything down. Besides that exercising helps or cleaning up and listening to music :)

I am sorry to hear that... May it be possible to see another doctor for you to get another opinion? Don't you also have a public health system? It doesn't seem like sth. little to me if you are in physical pain :( :(

The only advice I could give would be: cool it down and try to get another doctors opinion ....

7. AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

Sorry to hear that my friend.I hope it gets better soon.

YoMarques likes this.
  8. YoMarques

Thank you for your words! Yes, I will try to get another opinion tomorrow, but my family doctor only takes 3 urgent patients per day, by arrival order. People go there at like 5 in the morning and sometimes the 3 spots are already taken :( I hope I'll be able to get an appointment.
    I went to the hospital, but they don't really pay attention to these things... She just told me I probably hurt it in my sleep or I made some effort with it. She told me to get an x-ray, but since it's muscle-related, that doesn't come in x-rays. So she concluded I just needed rest, lol.
    Again, thank you for your words :)

Thank you! I hope so too :)

AndreyKamensky likes this.
  9. Krizlinkin

Krizlinkin Active Member

Thanks everyone for the support, it really means a lot for me! :cry:

If you haven't yet, I encourage you to reach out for help. I hope you can heal, it will not be easy, but do it for Chester!

I'm so sorry to hear that :( I wish and hope you will get better, stay strong!

AndreyKamensky, YoMarques and angi_LP like this.
  10. YoMarques

Thank you! I wish you all the best too :)

Krizlinkin likes this.
  11. angi_LP

angi_LP Member

Thank you so much for your encouragement. That means a lot to me :cry:
    I think I have made the first step to get help. Today I made an appointment with my doctor.
    I will try my best, for Chester.

Krizlinkin and AndreyKamensky like this.
  12. darkviruz

darkviruz Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for you. Please do not be ashamed to pour out your heart. I like to listen to it:wave:

To see how many will go to the tribute next month makes me sad. I would like so much, but my mental situation does not allow it. Wish you all a memorable, beautiful day.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    YoMarques likes this.
  13. Krizlinkin

Krizlinkin Active Member

Proud of you, you have made the right decision! Chester would be proud, and remember we all are here for you!

angi_LP and darkviruz like this.
  14. YoMarques

Thank you so much, that means a lot. And those of us who can't go will be there in spirit. We're all together in this <3

darkviruz likes this.
  15. Nadja

Nadja Active Member

Today's late evening (my time zone) we're releasing a motivational video created by Linkin Park fans for those who are in need and i'm so excited about it!
    I already have the 1st version of it and i have to say it's absolutely beautiful to see people from 9 countries speaking 35 different languages with the one message. I really hope those ones who feel hard will receive a piece of hope after watching this.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    YoMarques, darkviruz, angi_LP and 2 others like this.
  16. _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

That's really cool!

On the other hand, I don't know but maybe part of my coping, I haven't watched any LP videos or listen to any of their songs with the exemption of Frat Party Pankake Fesitval. I know it's been 2 months already but still every time I hear someone singing LP songs or when my friends or family started mentioning Chester even the guy the other day wearing LP shirt makes my heart aches. It helps though coming here so I could see how others coping. I don't really say much about it but I guess that sad feeling or that gnawing pain still linger and I don't really know when it will stop. Only time knows.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  17. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

So, thanks to Linkin Park holding a show (and a generous friend helping me get there) I am going out to California for the first time ever next month. I'm excited, and I am beyond words elated that I'm finally achieving my dream of traveling to new places...but I have to admit it all feels incredibly bittersweet. I had always hoped that if I did fly out to Cali for Linkin Park that it would be for a summit, or because I was hired to work for them. To know I am going out there to pay tribute to the late Chester Bennington (I'll never get used to saying that) is just so incredibly saddening. I have a feeling this trip will be one of the best weeks of my life, but I just wish it was under different circumstances. Seeing the band up there without Chester is going to break my heart.

Carla, Doridorica and Nadja like this.
  18. YoMarques

I'm not able to listen to them either... I've listened to a couple of songs, but currently, each time I see videos of them performing, or listen to his voice, I instantly break down crying. It's been like that for the last few days, just an absolute wave of sadness... I hope we'll be able to listen to them again and feel good about it, but it does take time :')

I'm glad you'll be able to travel to see them, and I hope you'll be able to enjoy it, despite the circumstances. Those of us who can't go will be there in spirit with all of you <3

19. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I don't think I've shed tears over this since July but I'm still shying away from LP songs as well

20. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

It’s been a little over two months, still getting used to not seeing Chester on stage (since there should have been a US tour) and in interviews but can’t get used to saying late and can’t say he died of suicide (I always say: when he did what he did). Maybe seeing the rest of the band on stage on October 27 without Chester will bring closure and the reality will settle in. I know he’s gone but with all tributes and video it seems like he’s still here. I’d give a fortune to be able to go to California in October but that’s impossible due to my work but I hope they’ll live stream it. First I need to mentally prepare myself for watching it as there will be only five of them. It’ll be so surreal.
    As for my feelings I still get upset and break down crying every few days, still think of him every day but it’s not as bad as it used to be. Mood swings and emotional roller coaster are still here but now I manage to put them under control or just break down crying which helps me to calm down. But I don’t think I’ll ever be able to fully accept what happened.

Carla likes this.