Watch Linkin Park's Episode of Carpool Karaoke on Facebook Now

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Oct 12, 2017.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Damn I was laughing my ass off watching this, which I never imagined I would be able to do.
    Ken was a little too much at times, but again, who would've predicted how much weight this video would have behind it.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Fuck you mike

KonKeR-182 likes this.
    Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

That was bittersweet to watch. I got pretty emotional when Chester started talking about his kids. You can tell he was a father first before anything.

Joe was really shy and Mike was as well, surprisingly. The Aerosmith and dancing parts were the best :lol:

I will miss Chester a lot. Thanks to Talinda and their children for allowing us to see a glimmer of joy in all of this. I think that was her intention for the LP fans.

Doridorica likes this.
    KonKeR-182

KonKeR-182 excuse me for my plastic taste

I laughed my ass off, but I wanted to tear up at the same time. Especially when he mentioned his kids, and what he hopes for them. He was such a great father, and you can just tell that from the way he speaks about them.

Anyways though, my personal favourite parts were when Mike got repeatedly insulted, when he sang "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith with Ken, and when all four of them were dancing on the sidewalk. :rofl: I honestly thought I was going to piss my pants during those parts.

Also how Chaz got so into "Numb" too.. that was one of the saddest parts. But he always got into the music he made, so it wasn't really surprising. Too bad that Hahn didn't really say, nor did anything. But eh, it's okay to be shy after all. :lol:

My final thought is, it was very bittersweet. Sweet, and sugary, but sprinkled with a bit of sour bitterness. It was super bitter because it was just five days.. You barely can even tell there was something even wrong with him. But, It was super sweet because it showed him laughing, and just being himself.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Holyshit that was great :rofl:

First time it seems weird to me to see Chester in a video. Butn thats the way i will remember him :)

Ken is great too :lol: Love him in Community. His Hangover quote :rofl:

And he vs Mike :rofl:

All in all that was great. Had to laugh a lot of the time.

Sasuke likes this.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This video just proves that depression doesn't have a face. If he was thinking those thoughts at that time (and we'll never know), he certainly didn't show it. This was Chester having the time of his life and loving being around his friends. You'd never know that 6 days later he'd take his own life. Heartbreaking. But a funny way to remember such an amazing soul.

Lotus, Alexrednex, Doridorica and 2 others like this.
    Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

So glad this got posted. I absolutely loved seeing the guys just dick around. It still gets to me if I think about it too much, but remembering him like this is much easier on the mind and heart.

Still, I know I'm going to crumble when the 27th rolls around.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Just loved how Chester called Mike the "most talented songwriter of our generation". Mike has called Chester "one of the best singers of all time" many times before.
    The love and respect they had for each other was something you'd struggle to find in another band that achieved as much success as LP did.

Gravity_LP

Gravity_LP Well-Known Member

I laughed throughout the video. It was so rare to see mike shinoda screaming and dancing too AHAHA

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I guess Mike *will* dance if the beat’s funky. :kappa:

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

If Ken wants so, sure :kappa:

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

Well, we learned Mike can kinda scream. We have hope, the band will go on.

ZelesteBeauty

ZelesteBeauty Well-Known Member

It was bittersweet. It was hard to watch but at the same time it had me rolling in laughter...especially the dancing part.

Hybrid likes this.
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Hilarious. It's so sweet to see this. If this is the last video of Chester, it was wonderful. I was laughing and enjoying every moment. Thank you to Talinda for this.

Chester will truly never be forgotten. The energy, the laughter, the compassion. Makes me hold One More Light with so much more specialty.

ZelesteBeauty and Sasuke like this.
    Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Chester was amazing in this! He seemed so happy and just so...alive. The ending of the video hit me pretty hard. I'm grateful Talinda and LP allowed this to be shared with the world. So bittersweet.

Ken was too much at times. I loved Ken in The Hangover and Community etc and his constant digs at Mike in this episode were hilarious, but he got pretty annoying at some points for me when I rewatched this today. I would have preferred James Corden to host this as an episode on his show tbh but then again people find Corden annoying.

Joe was just awkward as fuck, lol.
    :hahn:

Lotus and Modern Guitar God like this.
    Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Ken overplayed it just a tad bit too much. Or maybe my sadness over Chester's passing is colouring the interpretation of the video but it seemed some parts were pretty cringy.
    That said it was great to see Chester's smile one last time.
    But overall it gave a very sombre feeling.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Joe was just....there.

ZelesteBeauty and Sasuke like this.
    StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

I laughed on the outside and cried on the inside. I did the former because I'm big on Ken Jeong and it was hilarious how he trolled Mike for much of the episode. I did the latter because many a LP fan saw Chester at his happiest and dopiest, knowing a week later he'd be gone. Certainly, it wasn't easy for Talinda and the Bennington family to come to a decision regarding this, but they deserve praise and gratitude.

ZelesteBeauty likes this.
    Amarez

Amarez Well-Known Member

This was so funny. Thoroughly enjoyed this but... idk. It's still painful.

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

I watched it Thursday night before I went to bed and I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed it and found myself laughing a lot throughout the episode, mainly because of Chester, his wit and enthusiasm throughout the episode was no infectious that he had the other guys cracking up including Jeong. It felt like for a moment, albeit brief, but for a moment that none of the darkness that happened on July 20th actually happened and this was just a normal, fun, light-hearted episode of Linkin Park having a fun time. It was just nice to see Chester show that energy, that charisma one final time and the way he belted out Numb was fantastic, he really was one of the best vocalists and will always remain my favourite vocalist of all time!

I also noticed that for a moment he seemed to have this expression on his face when he was talking about his children and their future, now I'm not going to speculate whether he knew then as you just don't know but you can tell he was dwelling on it afterwards as the other guys were talking. It was almost a sad look but that could be because he gets emotional when talking about his children, I don't know. However, we all know what a terrific father he was and how much he loved his entire family.

Also, highlight of the video for me was Chester singing "Is be more like me and be less like MIKE!" That was brilliant! Plus the way Chester shouted out his window, you can tell he took a lot of pride in the Linkin Park music and it was like I said before, just nice to see him have fun one more time before his passing. Great video and thank you Talinda and her family for going ahead with releasing this, it meant us fans got to share another cool and funny moment in the life of Chester and Linkin Park.