Linkin Park and Friends Celebrate Life in Honor of Chester Bennington - Stream Details + Discussion

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Anyone have any idea if this was recorded anywhere besides as far as being streamed on YouTube? A lot of these performances were great and I'd loved to have them downloaded besides flipping back and forth or cutting up the three hour event.

2. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I felt the Heavy vocals were unbalanced.

Gavin's vocals on LOATR felt low.

Was always going to be a challenge with so many vocalists with different powered voices.

3. Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

I dont understand how they can let the live stream audio sound so bad, im pretty sure Mike wasnt happy with it. It was out of sync, the mics, guitars, and everything didnt seem loud and clear enough.

blackout. likes this.
  4. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

So I think what got me most wasn't that Chester wasn't there or all the guests taking his spot, but when Mike sang the parts that Chester was supposed to sing. That eats me.

Mike fucking killed it though.

5. StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

"Looking for an Answer" should recorded as a power ballad.

Knt.Slbs likes this.
  6. Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

There’s so much to review I’ll just split it up in parts

The Sad:
    - The 4 song introduction was extremely powerful and had me broken down in tears during robot boy
    - Numb completely tore me apart in tears the entire song as it was the final realization that Chester is no longer here
    - OML and Looking For An Answer were emotional as well

The Happy:
    - APFMH sounded amazing, mike was on point
    - The Catalyst sounded great also
    - The last part of the concert was very upbeat and happy, it helped me not cry anymore

Random Notes:
    - Something that really frustrates me was when “Heavy” was played Julia Michaels tried to be cheerful and upbeat which clearly wasn’t appropriate for the song as it is about struggling with depression. Kiiara seemed kinda pissed Julia was trying to be the “star” of the song (in my opinion)
    - A couple of the songs seemed off but it was mainly due to the awful YouTube stream
    - Talinda’s speech was beautiful, proud of her.

—————

About everybody doesent know where Linkin Park is going next, even the band itself. I don’t believe in getting a new singer, I think it should purely be the 5 remaining members making a final album about going through the struggles of Chester’s passing. If they do want to get a new singer, I think they need to retire Linkin park and go under the name fort minor. Whatever happens, I 100% support their decision. I understand they are getting older in their career so retiring wouldn’t upset me, but it would be hard to accept.

Even if they retire, I am grateful they played this amazing and powerful concert. It really helped the fans and the band come together to lift each other up

7. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

I keep seeing this kind of comment, and she responded to that on Twitter, so I feel it's appropriate to post that response.

Rocky, Deliveranze, Sasuke and 4 others like this.
  8. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

LFAA should be kept it that way. It shows rawness and full of emotion. I don't want that song to be overproduced just like other LP songs. I'm looking at you I'LL BE GONE.

9. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

This

Deliveranze, Chris loves LP and Rocky like this.
  10. crashandburn24

crashandburn24 Forfeit the game

I know what you mean. Especially during papercut at the end but he still rocked the performance.

11. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

The live stream audio was meh. Fucking hell im impressive Mike killed it

Knt.Slbs likes this.
  12. Fathom

Fathom Well-Known Member

Really hope they release a DVD/Blu-ray of this with the audio mastered properly. Proceeds can go to Music for relief and the one more light fund.

Shadow and Modern Guitar God like this.
  13. Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

When Mike sang "The sun goes down" on papercut thats very haunting

14. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

1. When "Numb" starts and they show the microphone my heart breaks
    2. In "Papercut" when mike sings "the sun goes down" without the countermelody my heart breaks as well
    3. Oliver Sykes has fu*king nailed Crawling
    4. I missed so much the scream "I do" in One More Light
    5. I miss you Chester, i miss you so much

Joh, Doridorica and Chris loves LP like this.
  15. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I really admire Mike's energy on this one. I would like to see the band explore this style in the future. Rebellion is my favorite track of The Hunting Party.

Blake and CannaKippers like this.
  16. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Fair enough. Good explanation. Hopefully the band will consider releasing this as an actual live DVD where everything is corrected. Doubtful, but it'd be great.

17. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

I also would like photos from their photographer of this show. I forget his name... it's Frank Maddocks, I believe.

18. Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

I really enjoyed Shadow Of The Day and Castle Of Glass...all of it was of course great though!

19. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

It's even a bit more complicated than that. If you think about it, the delay between the sound reaching the audience and the sound of the audience reaching the location of the sound source should be the same amount of time, and therefore, something that can be compensated for, which you hear on a lot of other live streams. It's a bit of a different situation with a venue like the Hollywood Bowl, where the stage has that big orchestra shell shape around it. The sound coming back towards the stage doesn't have any large flat surfaces to reflect off of, so it goes up into that rounded back and roof of the stage and bounces off at all kinds of odd angles, which causes a big delay in it ultimately getting back to the mics on stage (which are pointed away from the crowd). That's probably PART of it...the crowd was actually pretty prominent on this webcast compared to a lot of others, so I'd assume there were also room mics set up to capture ambience, and depending on where they positioned them, the farther they were from the stage, the more of a natural delay they'll capture when blended back in with the mix of all the direct feeds and mics coming from the stage.

What was odd to me is during Numb, the out-of-sync audience sound is in sync with the mouth movements of people in the audience when the cameras show them. I can't explain that one.

Minus likes this.
  20. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

All of this is getting harder and harder to find explanations for. Clearly, they should all just admit that they totally couldn't sing or clap in time with what they were hearing. :kappa:

Modern Guitar God and Michele like this.