The guys need a new singer

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Chris loves LP, Sep 29, 2017.

?

Should they find a new singer?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No. They should continue as a 5-piece

54 vote(s)
    67.5%
  3. No matter what they do, they are done

6 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. Crankshaft

Crankshaft Je m'appelle Baguette

I've been thinking about this and honestly, they don't need a new singer. Mike can handle vocals just fine, especially if he gets a vocal coach. However, i would like to see them bring a touring instrumentalist on stage to take over some of Mike's instrumental parts so he can focus on vocals. It's way harder to sing at 100% while playing an instrument at the same time. I mean, it's not impossible as there are a lot of artists that sing and play an instrument live but it does help being able to focus on one thing at a time. I remember when they did their show in amsterdam this year and Chester was playing guitar during Sharp Edges he jokingly said this after: "Man, it's hard to sing and play the guitar at the same time."

Knt.Slbs likes this.
  2. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

and Jon Green is the right person you're looking for.

3. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I mean...yeah...yeah! Jon Green is the perfect guy for the job and I can't think of anyone else I'd rather see performing full time as an extra musician helping out Linkin Park...!!!

*sheepishly looks at the ground, kicks imaginary rock, walks away with hands folded behind back*

Modern Guitar God likes this.
  4. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

It’s just an opinion, try not to overreact

5. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Whooooooooosh.

6. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I have no issues with Jon Green becoming more of a part of the band. The below song was written, recorded and sung by him and it’s one of my favorite songs:

https://m.soundcloud.com/thebonfires/catapult-jg

Yes it means LP would go in a more soft rock direction vocal wise, but honestly...the band should be able to make more music. They shouldn’t be expected to just hang it all up because of what happened. It’s unfair to the 5 remaining band members who made this band their life.

Avo, Knt.Slbs, Sasuke and 1 other person like this.
  7. Knt.Slbs

This was the direction I was expecting for OML during their recording process. LP should continue whether bringing Fort Minor vibe to LP or carry on as a studio band. I don't mind as long the band is still making music.

8. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Nah not feeling that. Too "Coldplay" for me and is a direct evolution of what I disliked about OML; more of the kind of songs I can hit shuffle on Spotify and get within seconds.

Michele likes this.
  9. Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

absolutely not, i mean Jon green has a really good voice no doubt but just no. Id rather have LP continue as a full hip hop band

10. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Why would LP continue as a full hip hop band? Sure there will be some hip hop elements incorporated as always but Mike's singing is now pretty good and if they continue with him on lead I expect more songs like SFN, Invisible, Looking for an Answer etc as well as a number of guest singers to feature.

Anyway the whole point with Jon Green is that he wouldn't be taking Chester's place, more that his presence would allow Mike more freedom to focus more on being the main vocalist.

11. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Why? Mike has Fort Minor for that. Continuing as a hip-hop band, and thus getting completely rid of the 'hybrid' of sounds that make Linkin Park what they were would be a bigger disservice to Chester than finding a new vocalist. Chester was proud of how diverse Linkin Park could be, it's part of why he defended OML so fiercely because it was the band doing a sound different than what people wanted them to be pigeonholed into. Sure there were fans who outright hated it, but Chester was proud of it because it wasn't what people were expecting of them.

So if they go into a straight hip-hop sound instead of continuing to experiment, it'll go against what Chester loved so much about the band.

Michele likes this.
  12. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

I wish they will continue producing music, but they do not need a new singer. In my opinion they could make "Linkin Park - Name of The Song Ft. Someone". For example, a song with Jeremy McKinnon, MGK, blink-182 or something like this. But this would mean no live shows for the new songs with other artists

13. Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

I think Fm is done, mike wont even focus on FM anymore now that chester is gone. If LP were to make a full hiphop album that would be to experimenting cause they never did a full hip hop album. Just like they did with OML, some fans would love it and some fans would hate it.

14. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Every album LP has done has been a 'hybrid' of sounds, including OML despite it having virtually no metal elements,

I cannot see that changing if the band continue.

15. betthethao

betthethao New Member

While listening to Three Band Terror, Brad has a really calm, soothing voice. I don't mind if he record some vocals for future releases. Any acoustic tracks would be welcome.

16. Benny_

Benny_ Active Member

It's really hard. ..imo they need one but I can't help feeling a sense of sadness about seeing a stand in. ..chester voice was so unique and watching the tribute evening was so clear how many musicians aren't fit to lace his boots

17. Alfansed

Alfansed Member

If he is willing. Mark Wakefield, maybe?

18. Knt.Slbs

No. It's time for the band to take hiatus for a while and let Mike focus on Fort Minor just like the ol' days.

19. Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

I really hope they continue in anyway they want to ... doesn't make a difference for me.

20. Hrvman

Hrvman Well-Known Member

I agree with Jon Green, only if they wish to have a new singer.

But my opinion says, keep the band as it is now, 5, with Mike as the lead. He can handle it.