Linkin Park and Friends Celebrate Life in Honor of Chester Bennington - Stream Details + Discussion

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

They just didn't mic up the crowd like the normally would for a stream/release.

Probably cos of the fact that there were seventeen bazillion other microphones mixes and levels throughout the night. Not the end of the world, vocal amazing crowd is still huge and amazing

2. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

Mike's voice cracks when he sings "it's the worst kind of pain i've known"

Halfway Dwight and CannaKippers like this.
  3. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

4. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Man what an emotional rollercoaster that was. First I was really happy to see the guys back together on stage again but when Numb came on with the spotlight on the mic, just keeps breaking my heart. I am so happy with how many guest artist came to support Linkin Park. Glad to know so many people are fans of them and that they have so many friends to lean on. Also, this concert really displayed just how varied any Linkin Park show is with the wide variety of artists who came to perform their songs. I'm really going to miss Chester's godly voice. The saddest part of this concert being over is that the future is once again uncertain. I really hope the band does move forward with new music with or without a new singer. For me personally, I do hope they find someone new, someone who can put a unique spin on Linkin Park songs. Looking forward to the future for now.

5. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Yes! It's my second favorite LP song of all time after Mark the Graves.

I know the band won't explore this style because of what happened but it would so cool to hear more of!

6. Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

It's not impossible that they explore this style or make heavy music again, cause they are very very good at making heavy music as well as soft ballads.
    Will it be difficult to make heavy music without chester yes but im sure they can pull it off, even if they decide to bring someone else in as a new lead singer, I have all the confidence in the world they can pull it off.

7. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

A good example with Mike "main" vocals and a heavy sound. Rebellion. It could definitely work. Just because a song is heavy, doesnt mean that the song need screams etc.

Knt.Slbs likes this.
  8. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Exactly. Heavy music does not require heavy vocals. Hell, the weakest part of Rebellion is arguably the bridge. Sure the screams are fucking wild but would the song really be worse without them?

Also those who believe Linkin Park can't continue with Mike as a lead vocalist are simply delusional after this show.

Knt.Slbs and Michele like this.
  9. jakubr21

jakubr21 New Member

I loved catalyst when mike was singing lift me up, let me go. Waving His hand with the crowd that was very nice.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
  10. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

Guys, i wathed again on my iPhone videos about 17 June in Monza. I can't watch it without crying...

[​IMG]

Modern Guitar God likes this.
  11. Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

There is a guy on reddit posting remastered versions of all the songs on a souncloud account called "Chester Forever". Listening back to them they're a lot better than what's on youtube and sounds more like what we heard live:

https://soundcloud.com/chesterforever

12. Darkstryder

Darkstryder Member

Anybody has a transcript (or scans) of Mike Shinoda tribute to Chester in the new Kerrang magazine ? I would be really interested in reading it.

13. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

I believe its still available on the Linkin Park reddit forum so you might want to check there. Its not an HQ scan though and the last page is bit hard to read but you can read the first two easily. Mike had a lot of good things to say.

Darkstryder likes this.
  14. Darkstryder

Darkstryder Member

Thank you a lot, I found it ! For anybody else interested, you can read them here :

15. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This show has really solidified my hope for the band to continue. I am aware that Chester was such an invaluable and irreplaceable part of the band (as shown by none of the guest vocalists quite 'matching' Chester), but there was something so powerful about that night. Something so inspiring and so beautiful about the guys coming together to honor their friend, and continuing on in his absence despite his passing leaving a massive hole. There was nothing that felt cheap, or opportunistic about that night. No sense of the band trying to 'replace' a legend. Every played note, every sung syllable and word felt like they existed to spread love for Chester. And I know anything they do musically from here on will feel the same way. The love they have for Chester is undeniable and I know if Chester could tell us his reaction, he would tell us that he was so touched and humbled by the concert. Because it was perfect.

I am ready for the future of Linkin Park when it comes. Ready to support these guys through the darkest period of their careers. It's going to be terrible not seeing Chester be a part of what comes next, but I know these guys have the band's (and fans') best interests in mind.

Abel, @LP2K12, Fathom and 3 others like this.
  16. AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

It took me about a week to watch the whole show. It wasn't easy at times but it was beautiful. I hope they keep playing shows like this in the future.

17. StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

Based on the crowd reception, I don't see how LP pushing forward as a quintet with a revolving door of guest lead vocalists won't work. The band doesn't need to rush with their final decision on their future; I'm confident they'll take the right course of action.

18. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

So can we just state for the record how absolutely incredible the new audio is, and beautiful the show looks now with the new angles etc? They really improved the video on YouTube tenfold. It feels like an actual live blu-ray now.

Kevin, @LP2K12 and Hybrid like this.
  19. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

This. Kudos to the team that worked on it!

20. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Gonna watch it again today

Dragondust and Michele like this.