Hybrid Theory And Meteora DEMOS

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by AmbienTisCool, Dec 6, 2017.

AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

We all know that over the years many HT demos have surfaced from ealry versions of the song that sound nothing alike, to versions with alternate lyrics and better vocals to completely different song that never made the official HT tracklist such as carousel, part of me and And one. Ik Meteora has a had a few demos come out but they were just unused instrumentals . Thread hasn’t been made about these in a while so does anyone know if anything has come up of Meteora demos like the Thoughst that take away my short clip, a.06 or others? Or any HT demos

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Nope.

Besides the Faint, Figure. 09 and BTH demos, we have yet to hear any Meteora demos with vocals. We know "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" exists, and we've heard of demos called "Nocturnal" and "Shifter," but the Meteora era is the most mysterious since we really don't know much beyond the album tracks.

Hybrid Theory Era obviously had those 3 Rapology songs from 1998 (even though they weren't made for HT) that came out early this year. Obviously, Pictureboard is the one everyone talks about, and almost made it to LPU9, but was dropped due to samples that were unable to be cleared. Beyond some Mike rap tracks, we don't know any unreleased HT tracks at the moment.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I'm curious to the original idea for Meteora that were "scrapped" during production. So that means Meteora would go to a different direction then but forced to make Hybrid Theory II?

AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

Yes it clearly present in Meteora that they pushed it to be a lot like HT. A few songs like faint,figure09, numb, nobodies listening, somewhere I belong and don’t stay fre original and nice but remaining are dull songs

AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

There’s actually one more. A.06 has vocals shown in making Meteora. Just drag it out Remeber was the line

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

You guys need to understand that there was a lot of pressure on the band for the second album. A lot of early 2000's bands died off after their "Sophomore Slump." As much as everyone hates on Meteora now and labels is as a HT part 2, had the band released something along the lines of MTM as their second album, they would not have had the staying power and be as huge as they became. If they did the major turn up that early in the game, critics would have torn them to shreds. They stuck with their original sound, just made it larger on scale. This move was brilliant in hindsight as it cemented their spot as a top arena worthy act.

Michele likes this.
    AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

i mean tbh im glad meteora had that HT sound, cuz itas my favorite album, tbh actually the only 2 albums where i like evry song is HT and meteora. but im saying it could have been batter had it not been so rushed

Hybrid

But it wasn't rushed... The band wrote an album's worth of songs before starting over during the Meteora writing cycle. The band is also continuously writing. They wrote while on tour in support of HT. I'm sure they still write/wrote while on tour, even for their OML tour.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

My only issue with Meteora has been it's lyrics. Instrumentally I think the songs are pretty awesome and at times rather creative. It's the "angst up to 11" that has always made me wince.

Sasuke, AmbienTisCool and BTorio like this.
    Hybrid

It's been the word "Pain" for me. Which is ironic that an album full of "pain" would have "Numb" as it's biggest single...

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

This wording is fine but it makes me think of all the people who say that the angst in Meteora makes them cringe and sounds cheesy. I understand why people comment about how angst makes them cringe, but I wish we would move away from that. For lots of people yeah, they don't wanna remember their hot topic days, when they blared HT/Meteora, when they were being over-dramatic and had dyed hair. But in the end we liked that stuff at one point because it felt true to what we were feeling, and for some people the angst and anger and anxiety dramatized in those songs feels just as present in their 20s and 30s as it did in their teens. It's one thing to say it's not your style and you don't relate to it anymore, but it's another thing to say it's cringe-worthy and dumb. Ultimately that doesn't feel different from hearing someone talk about how they cry/panic/are depressed and you saying that feels cringe-worthy.

Not complaining to you Derek, just something I thought of as it pertains to people's talk about Meteora.

And yeah, I really want to hear Meteora demos if they exist. The "no turning back" bridge of the Figure.09 demo is INSANE

AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

I like most of the songs, but I can defiantly tell it could have been better.

AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

maybe, i thought i saw somewhere where the band said they were kinda under a time limit to write lyrics. maybe in making meteora or frat party

Hybrid

If you want to get technical, all albums have time limits. That’s how the music business works. The label is there to push out an end product.

Deliveranze

I like Meteora more than HT tbh. HT is better lyrically, but Meteora is more listenable these days. Better production, more addicting choruses, and a bit more variety imo.

Also, I don't know if there is a LP song on Meteora that's as underwritten as OSC tbh.

Sasuke likes this.
    AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

I guess so

AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

I think HT overall have better lyrics, but some songs on meteora blow those out of the water, Faint, Somewhere I Belong, Figure.09, and Numb. Nobodies listening aswell. but rest of the songs fall below HT. But the sound is better, if u compare HT instrumentals, to meteora instrumentals

Deliveranze

I think Meteora is more accessible lyrically than HT. I don't know about better tho. There is WAY better songwriting on Meteora tho.
    I think rapping wise, HT is better. Meteora had Mike simplify the rhyme structure too much imo. But I think Chester gets way more time to shine on Meteora. Easier To Run, Nobody's Listening, Breaking The Habit, and Numb are all just as good (if not better) than some HT cuts for sure.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

What if the band made their second album somewhere in line with Reanimation and release their third album somewhere in line with Meteora, would the band be still be as big as today? Idk.

The band after Meteora were heavily criticised for changing their sound, for not making the same formula that made them who they were. And for me, the reason why the fans reacting to these so badly because of the abrupt change of sound without proper closure of an era. I understand Chester what the band said that they don't want to make a trilogy Hybrid Theory sound.

AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

Tru, but I actually wish they had stick with 1 more Meteora HT album type. MTM and Hunting Party are actually rlly good. I just wish we got a other album sismilar with even more sound development, would have been great.