Hybrid Theory And Meteora DEMOS

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by AmbienTisCool, Dec 6, 2017.

AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

The HT demo raps r so much better lol. In Meteora come to think of it, Mike’s raps were more repetitive in general. But the one in Figure.09 and Nobidoes listening we’re better than most HT lyrics

Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

OH please, enough with this "angst" doesnt matter how old you are, teenage angst or adult angst, 15 years old or 50 years old, i know alot of people can relate to the songs on Meteora,
    i have lots of friends that are in their late 40s and even family members when ever they feel angry or pissed off or feel like crap deprssed from work, life in general they bump the old LP songs, there is no age limit. I'm old and i hate my life, im miserable and depressed, and i have a strong connection with the songs on HT and Meteora, Chester and Mike's vocals comfort me

kcg likes this.
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Adult Angst

Okay.

AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

Honestly I think some of Meteora lyrics can be interpreted differently. So many people can relate to BTH, Figure.09 kinda shows how u become something u didn’t want to become, don’t stay just means get out my life, somewhere I belong is also relatable for most people, it just shows how u want to fit in, hit the floor is very relatable for me, shows how u are feeling your best or social status and then it goes away, faint is just angry relatable song, take everything from inside is pretty damn angsty lmao. I can relate to most of these songs and I love my life, so the lyrics aren’t the problem. Idk how people think these lyrics are bad, it’s better songwriting than many HT songs, a lot more complex emotions then just plain anger

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Well, the demos were definitely more techincal. I agree Figure .09 and Nobody's Listening were the best rap verses on Meteora. (Especially Nobody Listening) but I think the verses of Forgotten are the best rap verses on both albums, at least on a technical level.

AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

Forgotten is the most Nu-Metal song of theirs lol, rap is good, but repetitive, the best is actually place for my head demo.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

How is the rap repetitive?

"Movement all around, screaming at the ups and downs
    Pollution manifested in perpetual sound
    The wheels go round and the sunset creeps behind street lamps
    Chainlink and concrete"
    Has far more in common with the underground 90s rap style in imagery than

"When this began I had nothing to say
    And I get lost into nothingness inside of me"

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Just so you know, it's "moving all around / screaming of the ups and downs" :)

Deliveranze likes this.
    Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

I agree, great lyrics/imagery. I feel that most of the raps on HT are superior to Meteora, which in general are pretty basic and simplified, although I still enjoy them.

I'm also a big fan of the Frgt 10 lyrics too, Mikes alternate lyrics as well as Chali's take on the track make it pretty epic imo,

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

Lol sorry I got place for my head and forgotten confused for a second,cuz in that he repeats a set of lines and the actual rap isn’t all the great

AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

i personally think Nobodies listening is the best. tho the place for my head demo blows that out of water

kcg

kcg Well-Known Member

But since Chester's death, I don't see how anyone can still interpret Meteora that way when it's pretty clear that now Chester was being dead serious. Many people were saying the same shit about Crawling until he died, now they're realizing it was dead serious. He wasn't trying to cash in on teen angst, he was genuinely crying for help, especially at a time when his relationship with Samantha was falling apart. Yes, I know stories about Don Gilmore telling them to change things up, you don't need to remind me, but whatever complaints people had about Linkin Park being disingenuous and trying to capitalize on teen angst for profit have no merit anymore when it's clear that Chester's demons haunted him every day of his life and never truly went away like we once thought they did during A Thousand Suns.

Hahninator likes this.
    AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

Ya despite Easier to Run being slightly cringe to hear. U can def tell Chester gave it his all. That sing is majorly underrated

kcg

kcg Well-Known Member

Easier To Run is "cringe"? Are you kidding me? That song brought me to tears every time I heard it in the weeks following his death. It's so powerful and heartbreaking.

AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

I didn't say it was a bad song.... I still like the song, the instrumentals on that song are amazing and notice I said slightly cringe. what I like about HT and meteora is the energy, song def has it, but I can't relate to the lyrics as much. being a teenager I like the more angrier HT and Meteora songs. songs like crawling and ETR just aren't my cup of tea. I guess cringe was deffinatly the wrong word, but yea. but I would describe crawling as a bit cringe because it so angsty, which I can't even come close to relate too lol

AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

and forgot to mention. I did also say the song was majorly underrated

Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

I have to be in the mood to listen to crawling like really really depressed i do find it to be a cringy, as well as numb which im not a big fan of either. ETR is relatable, but crawling and numb have a very powerful meaning since chester passed

AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

Yes. That exactly what I meant, I just couldn’t describe it. I have to be in the mood to hear them. It’s sad that chester and all of these songs have been what he was feeling. I honestly think Hybrid Theory, Meteora, One More Light is we’re it was so clear that chester was going thru this stuff. I guess most people thought it was gone by hunting party or Thousand suns..

Awalkinthelinkinpark

Awalkinthelinkinpark New Member

Since this thread when to shitposting faster than reddit ******* and 4chan virgins I think I came up a simple semation for any future viewers
    The demos are either destroyed long gone or someone has them
    All we have are hearsay nothing more no one out there is dedicated enough to go leak them since the hype past away

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2020
    Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Kindly refrain from using homophobic language on this forum.