New EP Titled 'Post Traumatic' Released from Mike Shinoda, Includes Three New Songs

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

So I'm not too crazy since a lot of other people thought this as well if you view the replies of the quoted tweet. Its cool that he clarified. I like how open he is being with the fans about this music :)

Hybridora and Sasuke like this.
  2. Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

I heard the same thing, and I was like “no way Mike would do that” but yes I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. Soo cool Mike answered the question that didn’t even really “need” answering. Thank you for sharing that.

3. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Fanfic writers are gonna have a field day with that :rolleyes:

4. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Mike you legend. Thank you.

5. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I just wanna say, judging by all his tweets and interactions with us, that releasing this music, in his eyes, took a lot of guts and balls. I don't think he was confident in how we would receive this stuff, but it's what everyone needed.

It's amazing that as much as they have been here for us these last 20 years, they now need us more than ever.

6. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

He was right to not be confident in a way. It was some risky material that the fanbase didn't quite see coming

7. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

"All the sudden you hear what I’ve said a hundred ways before"

8. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I don't thing he was confident most people would accept him as the only singer of the band, the idea that Mike is the "leader" of the band is more something the hardcores say as opposed to a lot of "the casuals", I wouldn't doubt he probably feared a huge chunk of the fanbase would leave with no Chester.

9. Hybrid

This is true. There are a lot of people that firmly believe Chester was Linkin Park. They also believe that Chester wrote the majority of their material, along with every lyric he ever sang. We all know that's not entirely the case, but there are some who are blissful in their ignorance and will continue their campaign of what they think defines the band regardless if it is right or not.

10. ChesterFan

ChesterFan New Member

I’ve seen people saying lately that Chester didn’t write anything for Linkin Park. He actually wrote a lot for the first three albums or so. He wrote a lot of lyrics and music. Did people forget he came up with SIB? Or that he wrote all the lyrics to ETR? What about how he wrote In Pieces about his divorce from Sam? What about how he came up with SOTD? He said during an interview in 2017 that he wrote the lyrics for Given Up. I also asked Mike at a Meet and Greet in 2014 what the song Valentine’s Day was about and he said ‘’I don’t know really man, you’ll have to ask Chester, he wrote the lyrics to that one.’’ He also contributed a lot to the writing process of Hybrid Theory and Meteora according to Don Gilmore and the rest of LP. And we know he was super active during the writing sessions for MTM.

It was really the later albums that he didn’t write as much. I’d say that with A Thousand Suns, he kind of let Mike and Brad steer the ship completely and it was that way ever since. He did write some stuff for those later albums but not much. So people should realize that.

Mike was always the main writer and nucleus of Linkin Park, definitely, I'm not saying that he wasn't at all. But Chester did actually contribute a lot to those earlier albums.

about2break likes this.
  11. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I think you've misunderstood what people are saying. People aren't trying to claim that Chester didn't write for Linkin Park. Quite the opposite actually. We know he wrote a lot of songs for the band, especially in the earlier days. The point many people are making is that on albums like OML, and some of the later material it was mostly Mike. People have this idea that OML was Chester's 'goodbye letter' to the world, but in reality Mike wrote most of the lyrics. So that's what people are trying to say. Nobody's discrediting Chester's contributions to the band. We all know (and respect greatly) what he did for LP :).

about2break and Hybrid like this.
  12. ChesterFan

ChesterFan New Member

I see what you mean now. :) You're right. I was literally inside of a Zumiez store a few weeks ago and some guy noticed I was wearing a Linkin Park shirt. He came up to me and said ''So sad about Chester. What's your favorite Linkin Park song?'' and I said ''Probably Papercut.'' And then he said, ''I listened to their new album, and he was really crying out for help, it was like a suicide note in a way.'' It made me cringe in a way. Because I know that Chester didn't write much of anything in terms of lyrics for the album. I didn't want to argue with him, though. I see now where people are coming from, because Mike did write a majority of Linkin Park music, especially with A Thousand Suns and onwards, like One More Light, etc. Fans also know that Chester has battled depression and suicidal thoughts all of his life, it wasn't ''new'' for him, so it does annoy me when people say that One More Light is a suicide note stuff.

13. Derek

The poster before you knows that. He said he cringed at the public's perception of it as such.

What amazes me is how many people I've met who are Linkin Park fans. I always felt like I was the only one in my area who still listened to them (cause people used to mock LP online), but wow was I wrong.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
  14. Hybrid

Pretty much what Derek said. I did type "not entirely the case" in my post. I wasn't at all discrediting Chester nor his contributions, but merely pointing out that there are 5 other brilliant minds that also make up Linkin Park. LP never was a "One Man Show." :)

15. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Yeah I read his post, just reaffirming it lol. Sorry if it came off as offensive.

insanefanboy likes this.
  16. insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

I know that, and I hope the rest of the fanbase does too. Still I consider it a sad coincidence that the majority of OML lyrics sound that way. I certainly see why people interpret it that way. That's why I've said in a different thread that I re-named OML "Farewell Message" because so many people think that, when it isn't actually the case.

I heard the Chester only wrote something like 2 songs on OML, and it was written at least a year in advance, people didn't know what Chester was going to do, and I will say even he probably didn't even consider it until after Chris Cornell's suicide and even then I bet it was a decision made on the day.

Oh I've gone off track and I wish I hadn't.................

17. Hybrid

I've interpreted a lot of the songs from OML as uplifting and motivational.

18. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Alright I deleted my post, sorry guys.

19. Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

Id like to thank Mike for writing some of the most raw and powerful music he's written. I love all three songs and i don't have a favorite because ill just listen to the EP entirely instead of one song. This work really shows how talented he is (not like we didn't know that before :D)

Modern Guitar God likes this.
  20. Derek

You have nothing to be sorry for lol. You didn't offend anyone.