Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Thread

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Brad wears headphones instead of IEMs because he has really sensitive ears or something like that and is prone to ear infections and/or hearing damage.

2. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Sadly no additional info about that one has surfaced since the original clip. Not a working title or an acknowledgement by the band that it even exists.

Brad has actually been wearing in-ears underneath the headphones since touring for The Hunting Party started. Prior to that there was some story about him having unusually sensitive ears or something and not liking them for some reason? Pooch talked about it in an interview once.

3. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Its me asking a question again. The ninth years LPU CD is also available in normal record shops etc. Is there a reason behind it, because for example in Germany (where I live) it sits on the shelves of record stores right next to the other albums, live CDs etc.

EDIT: In the Cure for the Itch "mini" video. The guy that lipsyncs the introduction. I recognize that guy from other LP videos, but who is he.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  4. leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

I think LPU7, LPU8, and LPU9 had versions that you could buy in stores. I remember seeing them at Best Buy back in the day.

5. Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Songs from the Underground and LPU 9 are the only CDs available in stores. Both actually reached chart positions. SftU was like a best of from the previous LPUs with the intention to sell well and it did relatively well, at least in some countries, that's probably why they decided to make the next LPU installment (LPU9) available for normal stores as well and they put together the best demos they could come up (former installments didn't have as many demos) with but it didn't sell quite as well. Plus, many LPU member felt betrayed when the supposedly exclusive stuff wasn't so much exclusive anymore. So they went back to sell LPU10 onwards to the LPU store only.
    Fun fact: The school I went to back then actually had a copy of LPU9, along with the regular records up to MTM.

6. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

What pickups does Brad have in his Strats

Captain-EO likes this.
  7. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

8. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I realize this is an old post, but I missed it previously. You're incorrect about LPU 9 being the only one sold in stores, years 6 through 9 were all available at Best Buy.

Pretty much whatever they came stock with. The Rory Gallagher Strats AND the Jason Smith Strats have Custom Shop '60s pickups in them (which are only available on Fender Custom Shop guitars and can't be bought separately).

I have no clue about any of his lesser-used Strats.

Sasuke and Modern Guitar God like this.
  9. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

I’m surprised they’re stock pickups. I don’t know how he gets his guitar to sound so thick. I used to own a strat and it was my main guitar, never got it to sound like Brad’s.

Captain-EO likes this.