Random LP Chat

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lime treacle, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

So just spitballing here, say they get... M Shadows from A7X, Oli from BMTH and idk, Jeremy from ADTR. Whoever. And one does the European Tour, one the NA, and one does Asia, Australia and so on. At every tour you'd have over half the audience complaining about how they'd want someone else of the three instead of the one perfroming. Linkin Park would still be a band without a lead singer, and again... who the hell benefits from this?

Linkin Park needs one (1) new lead singer.

2. LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

It still feels too early to be talking about this, but I think a new lead singer for both studio and live would be the best for LP, but I'll be happy with anything Mike decides to do. The only problem is that most of the singers that I think could fit the band are in other bands and that could make it difficult for the chosen singer to focus on both bands at the same time. If they opt for this, they'll probably go for a male singer, even though there are many female rock/metal singers that are amazing live and would certainly be a great addition to the band, I think many fans wouldn't be on board for that and it would probably make older songs too different live.

3. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Yeah i agree. If they would want someone "prominent" it could be difficult. Dont think everybody want to do something like Chester did with LP and STP.

4. LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

At the same time I feel like we're not in a position to make any demands, just be happy that Mike is willing to cotinue with the band and hoping for a good surprise because that's what recent albums have all been about. A new album release is not on the cards so soon, either, considering what the band went through and all the rebuilding Mike said they will have to make, both with their grief process and musical one. A too long hiatus would not be good, though because it could make many people forget the band, just like happened to Evanescence.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
  5. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I think if they need someone else in order to make the type of music they want to make, then so be it. Whatever they decide to do, I'm on board with my support either way.

6. AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

I’m defiantly not saying do it now lmao. For all I care I would be fine if they did it in 3-4 yrs.

7. AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

Maybe they can do something like reanimation get a bunch of smaller scale artist to help

8. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

If there was another singer, they would have to be versatile enough to flow with creative decisions. Getting a hard rock singer to sing on trap beats, hip hop production, etc. needs to sound natural.

9. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I personally don't want to see new lead singer, whether it's for touring or a new album. :/

10. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

I know that it will be difficult to listen to Linkin Park with a new vocalist, but I’m pretty sure that we will get used to it. I guess that we don’t want a new singer because we get the feeling that the band is trying to ‘replace’ Chester, but in my opinion he is irreplaceable. Therefore, if we want Linkin Park to continue, the best option is to hire a new vocalist similar to Chester, because it will feel weird going to a Linkin Park show without listening Faint, One Step Closer or Given Up...

11. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I'm really getting into Breaking the Habit lately and I've realized I wish just once the band would've played with a full orchestra live. It would've been epic.

about2break and BTorio like this.
  12. AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

^agreed

13. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

I was remembering the first time I fell in love with Hybrid Theory. I really didn’t think they would be who they are today. Their longevity and growth is pretty unbelievable.

Captain-EO, about2break and BTorio like this.
  14. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Do you know anyone who is similar to Chester?

15. Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

it must be very hard to find someone to hire.
    It's not just about the voice sounding similar. Everything involving personal behavior has to be take in concern. And the creativity part too, it has to bee someone that has a similar point of view from the rest of the band. and they have to feel right playing with him and creating new songs on studio.

See Dream Theater and A7X, they had to hire new drummers... and even tho they are great at drumming, it just doesn't connected. Now, imagine a vocalist that is the frontman of the band with a unique vocal range. Almost impossible to find someone who can fit there.

16. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I actually dont see any problems with the A7X drumming, lol

17. Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

i really like the new drummer now, his punk/progressive/polyrhythmic style is awesome, but they went through a tough time finding someone who would really fit as a new permanent member.
    That younger boy, who recorded Hail to the King, wasn't great at songwriting, his compositions were plain simple. He could play nicely the older songs but the band didn't liked him in the studio. Portnoy before that was just filling a temporary hole.

Michele likes this.
  18. about2break

about2break Well-Known Member

I was remembering Hybrid Theory recently too. Thinking about most influential albums from my teen years. (ughh, does that age me here?? eh hem. :p)

19. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Fuck me Final Masquerade is horribly underrated. That melody, that guitarwork and those drums, beyond perfect.

20. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I'm probably nine years late for the comparison, but has anyone ever realized how much the main guitar riff to New Divide sounds like Gone Away by The Offspring? The song came on the radio the other day and my volume was low so I assumed it was Linkin Park for way longer than I would like to admit.