REMIX POST TRAUMATIC - Presented By AltWire

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Mar 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Austin Vicenty

Austin Vicenty No Longer Active

Ended up making a music video for my remix! It’s my first remix ever and I’ve gotten so much great feedback on it. I did a rap verse on it! Check it out!

Iopia and Modern Guitar God like this.
  2. andrew_potapov

andrew_potapov light.in.mist

Sorry amigo, it was late night, I wanted to sleep :D

3. andrew_potapov

andrew_potapov light.in.mist

Thank you for the answer. Maybe you are right. At least it brings new emotions to the song. Good job:)

zwieR.Z. likes this.
  4. DJIntensity

DJIntensity Well-Known Member

Correcting a mistake with a mistake, that's how I roll haha.

Your remix is amazing btw.

zwieR.Z. and Hybrid like this.
  5. JayRod1380

JayRod1380 Active Member

6. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Austin Vicenty likes this.
  7. tok9828

tok9828 New Member

What's wrong with guys who picked up top 5? Where is Zwier.Z's remix? Where is mine (https://soundcloud.com/yg32yslh1nya/waifver17 ) ? Please, don't fine me rude but I think that our remixes not worse, but better than some of top 5. Sorry for my English, i'm not native speaker.

8. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Well, respecting the fact that English is not your native language...I still find this post rude. And I find it rude for two reasons. One, you're being rude by saying that something is 'wrong' with the judges just because they didn't select your remix or a remix that you preferred. Two, you are suggesting you are better than some of the finalists, instead of congratulating them on their win. It's okay to be upset you weren't selected, but coming off bitter like this just makes you look bad. There were over 250 entries to listen to. From those, the committees had the very difficult task of selecting just one remix out of a very large list. Remixes were decided on by majority voting within the committees, which is how these came to be the final 5. I can vouch that Zwier was in many people's shortlists, but sadly he didn't make it. It's just how the process worked and it was a fair and diplomatic process. It doesn't mean anyone looked him over, or that there is something 'wrong' with the judges.

I'm sorry if you're unhappy with the end result, but with the limited number of final entries allowed, people we're bound to not get in. I am hoping we'll see you in future contests, and I wish you the best of luck.

9. minuteforce

Definitely this -- the odds that any of the five committees would pick your specific one or two favourites out of almost 300 entries are basically infinitesimal. Within each committee may be many people, all with different perspectives, all working to agree on a single remix to choose as their finalist.

10. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

The important thing is to be happy with what you made because you made something.

11. Derek

This.

12. tok9828

tok9828 New Member

I'm sorry for being rude, but you guys have to understand me. I've tried so hard to get The Thing singed by Mike, but in the end it doesn't even matter :)

13. Derek

What matters is you made something you're proud of. So in the end, it completely did matter :).

Modern Guitar God likes this.
  14. minuteforce

Hey, I didn't win either, even after bribing everyone on the committees! I don't need Shinoda's validation to still be proud of the track I made or anything else I create, and neither should you. :)

Also, everyone worked hard on their submissions, you shouldn't downplay that.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
  15. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Yeah dude... Like Derek said, there were over 250 entries. Even a shortlist of that was more than what we have when we host the MonthlyMixUp here. Speaking of the MMU, there were a few mashups that I've made before hopping on the team as a contributor back in the day that I was am still really proud of that never won. In this competition, there were a lot of really good remixes by a bunch of really talented people. Being able to spotlight every single one of them was simply not possible.

I hate to sound like that guy, but, but I'm gonna go there. If you submitted your remix EXPECTING to win and didn't, take this as a much needed life lesson in humility. Nothing should be expected in life, but you should enjoy the outcome of what you've accomplished along the way.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  16. JayRod1380

JayRod1380 Active Member

First off, Congrats on the win.

Love the video man. What apps did you use if I may ask for the video? Im trying to make something similiar.

This one was my remix btw.

https://soundcloud.com/datakeys/place-to-start-by-mike-shinoda-datakeys-remix

Austin Vicenty likes this.
  17. Austin Vicenty

Austin Vicenty No Longer Active

18. francolozano

francolozano Well-Known Member

First of all, congratulations to all the winners!

A quick question, I wanted to share my remixes also on YouTube, so I uploaded the 3 remixes, but only "Place To Start" has a copyright claim, and it's been blocked. It's there a way I can upload it again so I don't have that problem anymore?

My remixes are available on SoundCloud, but I wanted to expand the views on my covers channel.

19. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

At least according to Adam Ruehmer, anything under the LP-related Warner Bros. umbrella shouldn't be getting blocked (unless it's a re-upload of official video footage) and it's an issue with Youtube's fingerprinting technology being really dumb. I've been successfully disputing any blocks on content I upload for a while now.

20. Tempest for an Angel

Tempest for an Angel Member

Congratulations to all the finalists. I think at least 3 there would have deserved a first place.
    A word on zwierz's remix since it's the most criticized decision apparently. I think instrumentally and the way Mike's vocals are mixed all along the song and at the end with zwie's vocals, it all made me feel it could very well be my favorite remix of all, but I was thrown off by the lyrics of the second verse. While the rap and the voice are nice, I personally feel of all 3 songs, Over Again was the most directly attached to grief, so the part "imagining her with him" was kinda cringy for the kind of context the song is put in.
    This is my perspective and it might be wrong, but pairing Mike's lyrics about mourning with any other theme seems inferior, especially given the beautiful dramatic intricacy of zwie's instrumental. If the lyrics would have spoken about death in one way or another (not necessarily Chester's), the remix would have probably been worth a final place.

Hybrid likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.