REMIX POST TRAUMATIC - Presented By AltWire

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Mar 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The latter part certainly feels like it. Because I apologize if you feel it's counter intuitive, but you're a public representatives for the judging committee and your staff is basically inferring that Mike didn't know what he was doing in picking that remix, or worse...in the case of Soul...seemingly insinuating the whole thing was rigged or a sham. I'm not going to take accusations like that lying down at all. Not when I put my blood sweat and tears into making sure everything went as smoothly as possible with this. I pulled a few all nighters to make this perfect and I'd appreciate it some of your staff members didn't try to tarnish what was meant to be a positive moment for the fans.

That is out of my control that the remixes haven't been put up on the site yet, and that minimal words were said about the results. What I put on AltWire (remixes posted on MS.com, winners being announced on Mike's socials) were what I was told would happen. It's beyond my ability to control it. And secondly, Mike is a busy guy. He's working on a solo album and other things. Perhaps he just didn't have time.

Me too. I intended this to be a positive experience for the fanbase, something for everyone to come together and celebrate some incredible music that was made to honor and remember one of the greatest performers that ever lived. I was excited at how well everything went, and then...this thread happened. I am beyond disappointed and am turned off doing this again in the future.

Elaine likes this.
  2. Aly Kaye

Aly Kaye Member

No, i mean about the emails. This is why I personally want to see the emails. I don't expect anything more from Mike. But I would love to see those emails.

3. Derek

No.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    Captain-EO and Elaine like this.
  4. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Lmao oh my god, I'm dying. Just what exactly are you guys hoping to find in these emails? I'm seriously confused. Can someone clearly explain to me what the actual "sham" / "setup" is? Just what exactly do you guys think happened? I'm begging for anyone to explain this clearly to me at this point.

5. Derek

Apparently I'm Hillary Clinton and I have a treasure trove of damning emails.

#buthisemails

*EDIT* I've changed my mind reopened this thread. Not because I want the argument to continue, but because I will not let a few misinformed people ruin what was meant to be a positive experience for the fans.

Elaine likes this.
  6. Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

Hi Pat. We actually successfully got the remix competition to end several days later so that our team could hear every remix. There was no fishiness or behind the scenes dealing that made anything less than honorable. We had many lengthy chats (the transcripts exist) [wait, who am I, Nixon? lol] about the remixes and narrowed it down to one. It IS funny that our pick is Astat considering I've known him for years, but my actual pick was to send the Momento remix. And we were also close to sending the FarleyCZ remix, who I have no idea who that is. Friendship and being known in the community had absolutely nothing to do with it. The Ambassadors themselves have a chat and they sent some to be listened to. Some of them like the zwierz remix. Some of them liked the blackout. remix. Some of them liked X, Y, and Z (insert names here) remixes.

This WAS done professionally. It WAS legit. We spent many long hours, well into the night, analyzing remixes. We came up with a top 20 and from there we argued and argued about who to send. Basically what happened was, since you want information on how we did it, we did a Google Form and everyone went in and voted 1-10 on their remixes. I'll be glad to make that form available here in this thread if you wish. We are fully transparent with how we picked.

From the time Derek invited me via a personal phone call to have LPLive be a judge on this, we took it seriously. Lorenzo has also worked with us on handling it professionally.

With that said, Derek and I both said IF THIS DOES EVER HAPPEN AGAIN, maybe sending 2 remixes per group would be a better idea. At first, I thought well, that might be a lot for Mike. But na, you can listen to 10 remixes in like 30 mins or less. I hated that some didn't get in. And yeah while I didn't agree with the final remix, what the fuck does that matter? No one has the same tastes in life. Overall it went well I think.

7. Aly Kaye

Aly Kaye Member

I get your side of it. As a judge of this contest who has individual thoughts from the whole of LPLive, I thought I could also voice my opinions to show that not everyone's reasoning or opinions are the same even if we come from the same place. I didn't ask you for them, I simply stated why I have the desire to see them.

8. Derek

View Hahninator's post above. It's coming from a party not connected to LPA or AltWire in any way and should quash any thoughts about this contest not being 'clean'.

Hybrid likes this.
  9. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

You have done jack shit to back up your desires, and your continued insistance to see the emails despite this does not reflect well on you. I suggest you stop while you are ahead.

10. Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

Hey! And wow, love the feedback.
    For me personally - no need to make things transparent. Im convinced already.
    I might have looked very rude and everyone who says that - i agree with, but you know - there is no need anymore for ME
    I read through all of this, I learned my lesson.
    Thank you for the details though, I really appreciate it!

11. Derek

I hope this is a lesson to think before you speak in the future Pat. Your original post started a firestorm of false and hurtful allegations against my character and the integrity of AW/LPA that we are still dealing with hours later. We now have people demanding to see private emails, and your words may have caused permanent doubt against me/AW, when they had no reason to feel that way before. The fact that you didn't even receive a warning for the firestorm you caused, when you're very well deserving of it, is a showcase of how lenient we are being. And considering our integrity has been called into question multiple times, we really aren't required to be lenient. We are however, choosing to be. To try and resolve this all peacefully.

But seriously dude, you CANNOT keep doing this crap. There was no need for it. Not even remotely.

Elaine likes this.
  12. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Is this a good time for a "SOMEONE SNITCHED" reference or not because I'm an old man these days and don't know how to meme

13. Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

I am sorry.

14. Derek

SOMEONE SNITCHED.

15. Elaine

SOMEONE SNITCHED.

i just saw you guys doing this in the chatroom and want to be cool

16. Aly Kaye

Aly Kaye Member

I'm sorry, but can you point out where exactly I insisted on seeing anything? Or even so much as requested anything? I came on here to state my truth, with no hostility whatsoever. I'm new here, I wanted to show that there's more than one opinion in the team despite us coming from the same site. I never questioned anyone's integrity. I never questioned the legitimacy of the contest. I simply said why I was curious what the back and forth with Mike was like. We all put a lot of time and effort into this.

17. Derek

Most of it was simple planning about the contest. The actual moment of the pick itself consisted of him saying all remixes were fantastic, and that his pick was Mac Oddy. That's it. :lol: Satisfied? There's nothing super juicy or exciting that you guys missed. I promise you this.

But seriously, this took a lot of guts and strength for Mike Shinoda to allow some very dark, deeply personal and emotional songs of his to be remixed and reinterpreted by complete strangers. And the two hundred plus people who entered? Did an incredible job of honoring the man. There were so many remixes that were so incredibly good, and so well made, that I wish everyone could've won something from Mike.

This is what we should be focusing on: how incredibly well this contest went and how absolutely talented people were, INCLUDING the winner.

Hybrid and Elaine like this.
  18. Elaine

"Being curious what the back and forth with Mike was" is not something that simply comes free of any baggage or insinuations.

19. Derek

Well, I cleared up the very non-juicy, and very non-scandolous answer to that in the post above yours and disappointed everyone who was hoping it would be the next 2016 Election Email Scandal. Hopefully people can drop this now :lol:.

Elaine likes this.
  20. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.