Mike Shinoda Announces New Solo Album 'Post Traumatic' Releasing June 15th + 2 New Songs Out Now

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 29, 2018.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Plenty of bands do but most times I feel like they should stop :lol:

I think the rest of the band outside of Mike just might hang it up honestly. They all have secondary interests that they seem to be big in their lives, I could see them shifting the focus to those ventures.
    Only time will tell I guess.

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I could denfinitely see that too, but I really hope that's not the case. I'd love to hear more music from Brad in particular sometime down the line.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Snuck a listen on lunch break. I like them both, definitely impressed by the variety of all the tracks we’ve heard so far. I think Nothing Makes Sense Anymore would’ve definitely worked as a Linkin Park track. It definitely feels like that.

BTorio likes this.
    insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

Holy hell how did I miss this? What's wrong with me I used to be on to top these sort of things. I haven't checked LPA in a week!!

Anyway LOVE ADORE these new songs I prefer NMSA over Crossing the Line buy quite a bit, but it's still really cool. I hope the rest of the band are involved in this a well as it's there life's work too.

Blake

This is a Mike Shinoda solo album. Nothing to do with Linkin Park.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Yep. You could almost hear Chester's vocals on it. It sounded like a song that was made for his voice.

insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

I know that. I'm aware of that. I just hope they are as I want them to be okay and make money. Yes that's were my mind immediately goes too.

Blake

Well I'm 99.9% sure they arent part of the album.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Crossing a Line is fucking awesome.

And can we all just be appreciative of what we are getting instead of being combative and negative in any way? Even if you're the type that may not like the sound of these songs, everything about this is incredible and strong of Mike.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    CannaKippers likes this.
    StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

I hope to be blasting this while celebrating the Rockets' third NBA title in franchise history.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

With the utmost respect, fuck James Harden. :lol:

StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

We dig the same artist(s) so I'll pretend I didn't read the latter half of your comment :shinado:.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Dude, When LP are ready to make music again, I'm sure they will be involved. Mike is an extremely creative guy and it has been documented that if he isn't doing anything that it makes him go crazy. I'm sure a lot of what went into this album is an outpouring of him coping with his life over the majority of the last year. I'm happy so see that he was using music and art as a way to keep his mind going through some really tough times. I have been and will continue to be supportive of him and his art. I love it both. It's also good to see Dave working on his podcast project. Also, there were some instagrams up of Brad and maybe another band member in the studio too with Mike. Even if they aren't there to play anything on this album, at least it gets their creative minds flowing, you know? The future holds the answers, but time still keeps them from us. All will be seen in due time. :)

lpmadness

lpmadness Well-Known Member

Damn...wish I would’ve known when this went on sale so I could’ve got a signed photo.

Blake

Same but with my Thunder :)

Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

I'm really proud of the way Mike's coping with the whole situation and admire him for putting these songs out and letting everyone hear how vulnerable he is. Both songs have amazing lyrics but I like Nothing Makes Sense Anymore more because of its sound and lyrics.

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Wow, 16 tracks, including the EP. What an output!

It's amazing to think just how much material Mike has at his fingertips to pull from for solo shows. While I'm sure his new batch of solo work will be the prime focus of his upcoming shows, potentially he has in total:
    - 16 new solo tracks to his name
    - Fort Minor album and related material (FM/SOB collabs, remixes, etc)
    - Rap-centric Linkin Park songs that have featured in previous solo shows (e.g. WFTE verse, Until It Breaks, Reanimation stuff, etc)
    - Arguably for the first time, major Linkin Park songs with radio play on which he takes lead singing vocals (e.g. Invisible) - I know he's been singing lead for years here and there on stuff, but OML felt like a big step up.
    - Any number of miscellaneous content (Mall soundtrack, mash-ups, jams, whatever the heck he wants)

In the immediate future, I'd fully expect much of the above to take a backseat to his new solo stuff (especially at somewhere like Reading and Leeds where I don't expect him to bust out a series of random FM b-sides...), but it's quite something to think about just how much work he has to his name and how much he could potentially pull off as a solo act in a variety of different show scenarios. The request potential at intimate solo shows (e.g. 2015 shows) is ridiculous!

CannaKippers likes this.
    ragsta

ragsta Well-Known Member

Crossing the Line is growing on me, so that's a good thing.
    But I honestly don't get all the excitement for NMSA. The chorus sounds really cheesy and the intrumental just doesn't strike me at all. Do you guys like the raw vibe going on? I just don't seem to get it.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Watching this video for Crossing a Line, I'm surprised the trolls haven't come out to bitch about Mike driving Mercedes.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

:lol: man, you guys gotta not worry about trolls and such so much

Captain-EO and Michele like this.