Mike Shinoda Announces New Solo Album 'Post Traumatic' Releasing June 15th + 2 New Songs Out Now

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Didn't Chino have beef with the band early on?

2. Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

I'd love to see an Isley Juber collaboration on Mike's album, loved her performance at the tribute show... she is definitely talented and would suit these songs Mike has been making and fit the whole One More Light vibe.

CannaKippers likes this.
  3. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Not really, he just said something during the HT era like “it’s music for teens and I look at it like that” but then Deftones and LP were always good friends. One of the Deftones members even was at Chester’s house on an episode of MTV cribs lol. Mike and Chino have always been close, it seems.

Captain-EO likes this.
  4. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

If he did, it settled pretty quickly. They've toured together, LP covered My Own Summer, Chino side project Team Sleep contributed an (unused) remix of My December (IIRC) for Reanimation, and Chino was the vocalist for the song Razors.out on the Raid soundtrack Mike produced. They've got a good history.

5. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Ah. I thought he legit hated them for the whole vodka-water prank.

6. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I love the two tracks so far. "Nothing Makes Sense Anymore" sounds like something 30 Seconds to Mars would put out, and I love how the track didn't need a beat for it to impact me a lot. I personally like "Crossing a Line" a lot more, probably because I like a lot of radio-sounding stuff lately (sorry, guys) but also because I just like the upbeat, positive mood of the song despite the obvious angst brimming within it. Mike sounds more confident, and I'm glad that Post Traumatic won't entirely be a downer album that I expected (not that I don't like downer albums, I'm just surprised and happy that "Crossing a Line" feels like a song for healing). It sounds both like a therapeutic song and a song to pump me up at the same time. :lol: Also, can I just say how good Mike's singing is???

7. Rajjo

Rajjo FAN FROM INDIA

Is it just me or... Mike's vocals on the PT ep/album.... Give the same Vibe as they do on most tracks on OML (especially 'sorry for now').... I don't know they've imbibed this habit in me of expecting different/new everytime.... But considering the context of this record... Its acceptable i guess.

8. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I think he actually sounds quite different on each song on Post Traumatic so far, which is also to say it sounds much different than Invisible or Sorry For Now.

9. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Wait, what prank? I don't know about this. :lol:

10. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Chino mouths off about everybody, all the time.

Deliveranze likes this.
  11. LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

Nothing Makes Sense Anymore is a big grower. I like it as much as Crossing A Line now, but even when I liked one over the other, I'd always listen to them as sort of an EP because they can't be separated, I guess. I hope the album works perfectly as a whole.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  12. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Rumor is Mike is a big grower too.

:bradwink:

13. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I didn't see this posted anywhere. Nothing super new in it, he mentions there will be collaborations on the album and tells some Rick Rubin studio anecdotes.

The Joesen One likes this.
  14. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Does anybody know how limited the prints were? If I did my math right I pre-ordered my copy of the bundle less than 90 minutes after the site going live and I already didn't get one.So I presume the numbers of those prints were VERY low

15. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

They sold out in less than 20 minutes IIRC. It was a colossal rush to get them.

16. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I don't remember when the pre-orders went live, but if this original news post was at MOST 5 minutes after the initial announcement, then the prints were available for at MINIMUM 30 minutes. Not that a 10 minute difference matters. :lol:

Source: Post was made at 7:10AM Pacific Time, Confirmed my order at 7:36AM Pacific Time, will be receiving an autographed print.