Mike Shinoda Releasing Post Traumatic Track 'Running From My Shadow (feat. grandson)' This Thursday

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 21, 2018.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

After the track time (3:24) was posted to itunes and Mike teased the song on social media last week, he has now confirmed that track 14 from Post Traumatic will be released this Thursday May 24th at 9AM LA time.

The song has writing credits from fellow Linkin Park member Brad Delson and Ross Golan who worked with them on the song Halfway Right from their album One More Light. Here are the full credits for the song.

Manny Marroquin, Mixer
    Brad Delson, Writer
    Mike Shinoda, Producer, Lead Vocals, Writer, Main Artist
    Kevin Hissink, Writer
    Ross Golan, Writer
    Grandson, Featured Artist
    Michelle Mancini, Masterer
    Jordan Benjamin, Writer
    Boonn, Co-Producer

EDIT: Mike has since posted a small clip of the song and video on his Instagram and other social media accounts.

Are you excited for the track and grandson's feature? Let us know on the forum!

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Damn! Looking forward to this!

Bernuviel

Bernuviel Active Member

I'm really curious about this song. Just the title alone already grabbed my attention. :lol:
    Also it's remarkable that he's releasing it on a Thursday again. I hope making these days more positive helps him as much as it helps us.

Ksandory likes this.
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I wonder if Mike is gonna rap or sing on this one.

Ksandory likes this.
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

So half of the album will be out before the release of it...

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Yupp

Paradigm

Paradigm Member

Why does everyone care so much about getting singles early? We are still getting 9 new tracks on release, and three of these songs were released months ago in an EP, so we technically are at new song #4.

Would it hurt that much to have 4 out of 13 songs? If you are gonna be someone who wants to dive into the album as a whole (this an important project to do so) then don't listen to the new tracks. It's that simple.

Mike is really proud of this stuff and to give us this much of the project shows the anxiousness on his part.

Let's not make this a flowchart affair "ugh we are only getting x new songs" and just treat this project differently.

Please.

Bernuviel likes this.
    Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Yeah I think this is a point that needs to be restated. We haven't got half of the album. I don't count PTEP that way, as it was released separately as it's own thing before becoming a necessary part of PT's chronological journey. We can reasonably not include them in our calculations, and when you do, four tracks isn't that big of a deal. It's actually the standard, really, as far as I can remember.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

This is my plan, and it's working beautifully. :)

MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

After this Thursday, I doubt Mike can hold out a full 3 weeks without releasing one more track. So I bet we get at least 1 more, after Running From My Shadow, prior to release.

Periken

Periken Member

I was thinking the same. He seems to be releasing a track about every two weeks or so. It's Mike's choice as to how many songs he wants to release before the full album is out. Right now, spreading the word about Post Traumatic is the most important thing, especially since this such a personal album to Mike and he wants the world to know about how he and many others are feeling about the incident. So is there really anything wrong with doing so by releasing a few more songs than usual?

Bernuviel likes this.
    iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Yes! I don't mind him releasing so many songs already because he truly has taken us on a journey dealing with grief as it happens in the moment and we still have 9 more to go after this, which is crazy because OML only had 10 tracks. I wonder if we're going to get a video for every song on the album, I hope so.

Bernuviel likes this.
    Rajjo

Rajjo FAN FROM INDIA

Yep. There's nothing wrong with that. The idea is to keep them interested, keep them hooked, making sure they're there when it comes out, making sure that they listen. The idea is to share it with as many people out there as he can. I love him.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Wait have all tracks really dropped on Thursdays at 9AM LA time?

Vinifeijo likes this.
    Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

He just released a teaser on instagram for the song. I am not listening to anymore until the album drops (that includes not listening to this teaser) but does anyone wanna give a quick comment of what they think of it so far.

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

wow. i didn't realize it. Can someone confirm? Very interesting.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

He's been pumping these out once a month the week of the 20th, if I'm not mistaken.

Periken

Periken Member

The new teaser is really lit. Some great beats and rhymes. Mike has done it again :D

Ksandory and Hybridora like this.
    Periken

Periken Member

No. The whole album won’t be out on Thursday. There will only be one new song (Running From My Shadow feat grandson.) released this Thursday, 9am LA time.

MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

At this point the bundle would be nice to include a blu-ray so we can have, presumably, all 16 music videos accompanying each track.