Linkin Park Discography | Tier List by ARTV and Rocked

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Blake, Sep 11, 2020.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Very cool video with actual discussion about each album. Cool to hear two music reviewers thoughts. I also 100% agree with their thoughts on Meteora.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

I watched this earlier. I liked most of that video until they got to The Hunting Party. I disagree with their assessments on both it and One More Light; they treat THP as some godsend and OML as trash, and it makes their bias toward rock pretty clear. They also went on and on using the old argument that "Brad just chooses not to play guitar like a virtuoso", which I don't necessarily disagree with, but I think One More Light particularly showed us the more accurate explanation is that Brad has always been more interested in the production side of playing guitar. I just think they overlook some very important key things because they both seem very tied to the idea of "heavy Linkin Park", even if one of them praises ATS.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

A view on the end result is enough for me to tell this is a waste of time to watch. While OML is definitely not my favorite record, the list is really biased. I love THP but its no way better than M2M or ATS in a critical way. Even production wise.

Captain-EO

100% agree. Well said Michele.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Just watched this yesterday and was not surprised in the least at the results. It was painfully nostalgia-based. They agreed that much of Hybrid Theory has aged poorly and that Meteora is head and shoulders above it, but they're both in top tier because "muh classic Linkin Park".

From then on, they basically ranted about the negatives of each record more than the positives. Rocked thinks A Thousand Suns is bad because it's too outside of the box, but he praises Living Things (and Burn It Down in particular) for being cutting edge and innovative?!?!

It's like they looked at Hybrid Theory "objectively" in terms of cultural impact, but then were entirely subjective about the rest.

Kevin and Michele like this.
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I agree Meteora has aged a lot better than Hybrid Theory, but that's it. As people have said, they just have a bias towards "guitarz and ROCK!!!" Anyone who puts MTM and ATS in "mid" category needs to be spanked.

RahulH likes this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

To be fair the tier list has to combine the placements for each of their views and average them out. ARTV holds ATS very highly whole Rocked does not.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Mike Shinoda released Post Traumatic in 2018.

Captain-EO likes this.
    diehardlpfan77

diehardlpfan77 Well-Known Member

Pretty bogus review. The guy from ARTV knows nothing about music all. Even though i might not agree with the guy from Rocked generally adds a lot of insightful things in his album reviews and while i don't agree with him all the time he still makes a pretty good point about an argument in most cases while the guy from ARTV literally does nothing in his boring videos. I know this sound like a personal attack but seriously making videos that do not validate your point or add anything insightful seems like a waste of time if anything.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Holy shit that's atrocious.

Captain-EO and brady like this.
    Captain-EO

I was giving them some optimism and benefit of the doubt but y'all are just laying into them lmao :lol:

Dorothy Perks

Dorothy Perks Well-Known Member

Same here!

Michele likes this.