+44 Update

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Dedicated, Sep 3, 2006.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Xero_

Xero_ Well-Known Member

IIIIIIIIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKkkkkkkkkkk

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I haven't kept up with this project at all, but I thought they were going to have a female singer?

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

There's a big interview about that on another site but I'll try to explain it in some sentences.

Mark and Travis said they had a female singer come into the studio to do a song so they did. And that's what "No It Isn't" is.

Now they've got too new bandmembers both guitarists if I remember correctly. One of them was a tour guitarist for the transplants.

The new song sounds great!

Dedicated

What happened was that they were going to be an electronic band with Carol Heller in (ex-Get The Girl I think) but when they started writing songs they came out differently than expected. No clue why Carol left the band but the band ended up being a four-piece with no female in sight :lol:

Christopher

:lol: Yeah, I know.

I don't mind, though. She would've been great to make the band sound a little differently but now they sound great too.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

It's a great song but it has to be said that Travis, Mark and Tom were better off together as Blink.

Christopher

Yeah, I agree.

In that interview I was talking about before Travis said that he wasn't going to comment on AVA then he said "Now everybody can see who the real Tom is." I think that's really cold.

They were great together and I can't believe everything Tom did/said before was just an act, that's just stupid.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
    Dedicated

Yeah. Thing is, Tom has been blaming the break up on Travis and Mark but to me it seems like he just wanted to do his own thing so that'd make it his fault. Now he just seems more stuck up and arrogant.

There was a comment that Travis made in a recent interview saying that on their last tour as Blink, Tom kept going on about how he wanted to be doing the same in 20 years but then he just dropped the band and left. Travis said that Plus-44, in a way, is him saying "Watch me do this for the next 20 years."

Christopher

Yeah. I guess people change but Tom changed a lot.

Maybe it's better this way, they couldn't keep running around naked, acting like teenagers until they're 40...

Ant

Ant Ambient

Nothing like what they said +44 was going to be, but I like it more than what they said it was going to be, I think.

Never was a big Blink fan, but I love AVA and +44. I think it worked out for the best, but that's just my opinion.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Same as me, except I liked Blink to a point.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I think Travis will play drums in any band if you ask him. :lol: I've seen him drum in more bands and side projects than anyone else I can think of. Dave Grohl is one other guy that might come close.

Dedicated

AAA are a complete let down.

whoneedssubtext?

whoneedssubtext? gggg-uNOT

I think Travis is an ignorant prick.
    Atleast to Canadians.
    He was being interviewed by Narduar, a goofy guy from Much music, but he knows his shit.
    Anyway, and Travis was bitching about the way he held his mic, and that he was a moron and dressed like a fag.
    This wasn't Blink, this was for the Transplants.
    And at the end of every interview Narduar always says "Keep on rockin' in the free world, and doo doo do lo do. . ." and the bands are supposed to say "do do"
    But Travis just said "Fuck you" or something along the lines of that.
    Narduar has interviewed the best of them, including Snoop Dogg, The rolling stones, Aerosmith.
    And all of them, have said "do do".
    Travis is a really good drummer, but he's even more arrogant than Tom will ever be.

Ant

Ant Ambient

IMO, just depends on what you're looking for in a band and your taste in different genres of rock.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I'm a fan of AAA. It's unique, and something I totally didn't expect from Tom.
    On the other hand, I'm not impressed with this song. It's not like I had high expectations, either.

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

I was expecting a whole lot out of both Plus 44 and Angels & Airwaves. So far, Plus 44 has done nothing for me. It's a very generic standard boring song, in my opinion. The only thing that even somewhat redeems it is the drumming, and that doesn't redeem it by much. Angels & Airwaves fufilled my expectations somewhat, but I don't think it was as good as it could have been. Now I'm kind of wishing Blink had stayed together. I personally (I know everyone else thinks pretty much the opposite) think that the last album they did, the self-titled one, was the best album they ever made. It was a huge change musically for them, in my opinion, and I would've loved to have seen what they could have done to evolve that. But overall, I'm not impressed with +44 in the least.

John

John LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

where's the song? i don't hear anything when i click on the link

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I like AAA but some songs on the album just sound the same.

'The Adventure' is an awesome tune though.