Official Playstation Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Friskey™, May 15, 2005.

1. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

GTA will be released for the 360? That's news to me.

2. ultramar

ultramar Well-Known Member

Yep MS announced it at their pre E3 conference (GTA4 will be released on the PS3 and 360 at the same time), they also said that rockstar would be doing downloadable content for the 360.

3. Cale.

Cale. Banned

PS3 is looking really unattractive for me at the moment, I'm leaning towards a 360 purchase at this point. And thats saying something because before E3 I was about 80/20 in favour of Sony.

4. Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud Well-Known Member

If people did the math they would understand why the ps3 is expensive......
    If you wanted to go wireless on the xbox 360 get ready to pay $100 extra

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360wirelessnetadapter/default.htm

.....if you want to view HD movies get ready to pay another $100 bucks or maybe even more (pricing is still unknown)...not to mention the hd-dvd addition doesnt help the portability of the system .............

http://www.engadget.com/2006/05/09/xbox-360-hd-dvd-player-still-coming-this-year/

so now the xbox premium is as much as the ps3 premium......but wait!!! ps3's hardrive has 40 more gigs than the xbox 360.....plus free online.......and is fully backwards compatable.....and a motion controller......

Its nice that MS gives the consumer the option to have (some of) those things...but in the long run will cost the consumer more

Wii is cool for what it is......but the graphics and the potentially simplistic games arent gonna be enough to keep hardcore console gamers at bay

Im not saying PS3 is the best......but just think of the long term investment.....

and dont worry about the games......xbox 360 didnt have a mindblowing line up either........and they arguably still dont (other than pc ports)

edit- in all fairness though....the ps3 to me is the ugliest next gen system. MS and nintendo did a great job on their design.....I think all the systems will be great in their own way....but Im still waiting to see which one is the best for me next year

Last edited: Jul 1, 2006
  5. Karin

Karin Member

Just can't wait! I'm excited just to see how this is going to be...

6. Dean

I'm not that bothered about more dvd extras (other than deleted scenes) and better picture quality, so I couldn't care much less about watching films in high definition for now, and even so, the HD-DVD drive for the 360 will have another 40 gigabytes of memory on it which brings the total disc space of the premium 360 level with that of the PS3. I think unless you have a PSP, a Sony Ericsson and a super high-tech household that can take full advantage of the PS3's functions, and if you just want to play games, you'd be better off getting a 360. I'd probably get a PS3 when MGS4 is released and if I gain a sudden interest in high definition, but only if the price comes down. Even then, the blu ray playback might not even be that good, which would put paid to the claims that the current price is actually good value.

7. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Just thought I'd give UK gamers the heads up that the PAL version has been pushed back from it's November 06 release. It is now expected around March 07

8. Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

Let's stick another nail in this coffin, shall we?

Number 1:
    Number 2:
    Number 3:
    Number 4:
    And, sweet holy mother of fucking god. Number 5

Share prices in nintendo have gone skyyyyyyy hiiiiiighh. And I have to say: I'm laughing myself silly. I'm loving every single minute of this.

9. Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

I can't wait till pre-orders begin. Put down all 6 bills on the spot!

10. Dean

Just when I was beginning to look forward to it.

11. Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

12. Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Sony's never gonna gain up on the xbox 360 sales over here with the delay...

13. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Now that....was one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. So boring, so...bland.

14. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, it was a bit shit.

15. Dean

It'll probably start selling at more or less the same rate at some point, even if it doesn't catch up with the overall total.

16. Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

"Promises, Promises..."

Written by Alex (Aka AP) from UFF/RPGSite.net. If you agree with it then comment. If not - then comment as well.

17. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

The PS3 is ridiculous. If I was rich, I might consider buying it but quite honestly...It's just not worth it. I'm sick of all these stupid extras that shouldn't be in a fucking video game system. Focus on the games! Not playing HD DVD or some shit. I admit, the graphics are amazing and it will have some great games but for 600$? Fuck No.

EDIT: Sure, the Nintendo Wii may not have great graphics or support DVDs but it's still 350$ cheaper AND you can get games from a shit load of older systems.

18. Dean

The Wii does support DVDs, doesn't it? But yeah, I agree.

19. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Well, at that press conference they had, they didn't say anything about DVD support so there has been speculation that they won't have it because Nintendo is aiming at making it a video game console...unlike the other companies. :lol:

20. -AdxNaxMa-

-AdxNaxMa- Member

I want the PS3 badly but the price is ridiculous. Mayb I'll just settle for a Wii and get the PS3 later when the price somes down.