Linkin Park - Papercut (the NAme)

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by llewellyn101, Oct 12, 2006.

llewellyn101

llewellyn101 Well-Known Member

This has been eating at me for a while now, Actually the past couple of days... Whilst Listning to my LPU v4 cd it came to me...

Why the hell did they call Papercut... Papercut? My one friend made the joke and said, "Because Mike got a papercut whilst writing the song" :p

but ja.... There is no mention of the word in the entire song

llewellyn101

llewellyn101 Well-Known Member

I just got these answers on the web... now which one is it?

IMO, The title "Papercut" is a metaphor for the feelings described in the song wherein, it may not look like a big deal on the outside but can be extremely painful to experience, referred to with the line "right beneath your skin". When I listened the first time I immediately thought it was about social anxiety, aggravated by a "perfect" older sibling or some other role model.

of

Linkin Park gives names to songs before they actually decide what the official name is. Papercut is an instance where the working name they gave to it became the real name. An example where they changed the name is the song "Rhinestone" that they later renamed "Forgotten". I just thought I should inform all of you looking for some meaning in the name that there isn't one.

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

I read that to. Thats also why they named Faint and Figure .09 what they named them.