My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Friskey™, Oct 20, 2006.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Figured I make a topic about this before somebody else does.

Well, the album's leaked...your thoughts everybody?

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

This, being the most anticipated album of the year for me, met my expectations. My Chemical Romance seems to have really evolved and found what their sound really is. The Black Parade is perfectly balanced with it's slow, more emotional songs (I Don't Love You, Cancer), the fun songs (The Sharpest Lives, Teenagers), the epic songs (Famous Last Words, Welcome to the Black Parade), and then the songs that tend to lean more towards MCR's original style (Dead!, House of Wolves).

Overall, I'd say this is hands-down, the best CD to come from My Chemical Romance and definitely album of the year for me.

Friskey™

This album took me by super killer crazy mental surprise. I was expecting it and I was hoping for a good album because the last album was a little hit or miss for me. But this CD...holy freakin' crap. You're right, it's perfectely balanced out. It's catchy, it's melodic, it's dark, it's just...everything that an album needed I guess. This just may have the same effect as what American Idiot did for Green Day although this is a hell of a lot better than that by far. The best album of the year and quite possibly down the road, one of the greatest of all time.

5 out of 5, way to go guys.

Chris.

It's funny because the album keeps getting compared to American Idiot, because of Rob Cavallo and the fact that MCR is doing a story type thing like Green Day had done. However, the stories are nowhere near being similar and MCR has always had loose concepts for their CD. This one is much more prominent.

I, too, think this could be one of the greatest albums of all time...it's got everything, musically, that you could want.

Friskey™

I knew you would say that, simply because of the producer, I thought the same thing typing it. :lol:

That was actually one of the strong points of the last album, the story behind it. It was weird, disturbing, but cool as all hell. But yeah, I understand this story alot more. Basically it's saying that "Hey, Death comes and horrible things happen. But we can get through it and be stronger people. That's the way the world goes." And trust me, it's a greater concept than hearing about how bad our gov't is on every fucking CD. It makes me sick. Get the politics out of our music.

But yeah, musically...i'm seriously blown away. I say every year that an album comes and blows me away. Not like this though, not like this...trust me.

I do have one minor teeny teeny flaw with the CD though...and that's the fact that this could become American Idiot status type. I fear that the songs I love mostly could become like what the AI album did with "Bouvelard..." but i'm not worrying now.

Chris.

I agree, I agree, I agree. :lol:

Welcome to the Black Parade has already reached number 1 on the UK Charts and any of these songs could make good singles but I think the next single is going to be Famous Last Words, which would probably get a lot of exposure as well. :lol:

Friskey™

I was actually reading a review site, and it could probably be "I Don't Love You" which they compared it to this album's "Boulevard..." :lol:

But yeah, anyone of the singles...they actually shot two videos though at the same time when they did the "WTTBP" video, so. They haven't released that info yet though. Cause I remember, somebody injured themselves on the shoot.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Wow, seems like it's an awesome album.

I didn't really like the song "Welcome To The Black Parade" when I heard it, but I only listened to it once so... I'm going to listen to the whole album and decide for myself.

Chris.

Yeah the second video was just performance with like...a wall of fire behind the band and Bob got his leg badly burned and contracted a staph infection as a result. If you go to mtv.com and look at the releases on MCR's artist page, it has Famous Last Words for a January 22nd Release Date. Yet, they haven't announced the next single.

Disenchanted

Disenchanted The Black Parade is Dead! LPA Super Member

Wow. I'm shocked that the album was so good! Not the best album I've heard, but it's still great.
    I really didn't expect a CD like this from MCR and I've never been a fan of 'em.
    I'm still shocked, so I dunno what else to say :p .

Last edited: Oct 21, 2006
    Christopher

Wow, like you guys, I'm absolutely shocked and surprised by this album.

I have no idea why I didn't like the song "Welcome To The Black Parade" when I listened to it for the first time.
    It's an amazing album, everything what an album has supposed to have and more is in there. It just blew me away, I wasn't expecting anything like that from My Chemical Romance.

I never listened to their music that much before but I'm going to from now on. I don't really like the style of their previous albums but this was is brilliant.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I'm listening to it now, and I'm about halfway through. I've always been a fan of MCR, but not a huge fan, and they have never really blown me away with much of their work. This album is blowing me away. I love it. It's insane. Holy.

Tony

Tony war in your bedroom.

Hmm, I'll be honest, when I heard the song Cancer... I didn't like it all, so I really didn't give much hope for this album, but I decided to listen to it anyway and I'm glad I did, it's really good and like some of you have already said, I didn't expect anything like this from My Chemical Romance.

Oh, and is there a name for the "hidden" track?

Chris.

The hidden track is titled "Blood".

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

It'll be interesting to see how they are going to top this. Wow, I am blown away. This just replaced Saosin for my favorite album of the year. I'm beyond speechless.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

i thought it was a dissappointment really. but i'm the type of person that prefeer's the old misfits meets morrissey meets rock mcr.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I've never been an MCR fan. In fact I'm one of those who from time to time calls them a shitty emo band and groups them with Fallout Boy and Panic at the Disco. I'm listening to this album on the official website stream right now, I'm midway through Disenchanted, and I have to say this is a pleasant surprise. I always thought they were slightly more musically talented than other emo-ish bands, at least guitar-wise, but this album is just really sound and well done. I think I might actually buy this.

"Teenagers scare the living shit outta me" That line is priceless. :lol:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I wonder if that line is a cut on their emo fans Tasta, lol.

I'll definitely have to listen to this. I've always had a secret liking for MCR (shhhh its a secret).

Christopher

:lol: Well, I think you'll like it then. It's an amazing album.

I'm listening to the album for the fourth time now and I absolutely love it.

Favourite songs: Welcome To The Black Parade, Cancer, Teenagers.
    They're all great.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

i love people with the biggest misconseption of emo music.