Linkin Park Get A Little 'Progressive'

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

Sounds good.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

i allways like new News, it just makes the whole "i can't wait that long" feeling even worse, and im glad there trying new stuff, to tell you the truth, if they were the same style, each album, it would get old to me, and i like alota diff kinds of music especialy classics like pink floyd (went to a roger waters concert not to far back check my bottom sig) and if they sound like that at all..i can tell i'm going to like this

Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
    -x-ecks-x-

-x-ecks-x- Well-Known Member

Seriously, thhats awesome. Wish I coulda gone...

If they wanna start playing around with styles like Pink Floyd, they may just regain their #1 (which they held since Hybrid Theory) spot on my list; currently held by Breaking Benjamin.

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

I mean this in the best possible way, but you have no idea what you're saying. Stop being so ignorant, without Pink Floyd or even King Crimson a lot of bands like Linkin Park would not be able to do what they are doing. They are pioneers in music. Linkin Park didn't just come from nowhere, they were influenced by those 'old bands'.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Good fuck I love Emerson Lake and Palmer!

[LP]Ori*[LP]

[LP]Ori*[LP] Guest

omg.. tension is building in fans, everyone is anxious.. but the new single is gonna be out soon because LP is getting publicity again. These two last moths they have been everywhere: Interviews with RS, grammys, next week in AMA's, then they did another interview yesterday with RS again, TRL, bilboard, other magazines, SS'06. It's crazy. I don't think is gonna be out on December but maybe by late January - February 2007.
    I have a feeling this album is gonna change the whole point of what Linkin Park is. This album is gonna show what LP's inspirations are and all that stuff. It's gonna be awesome. We won't get dissapointed, I mean they're LP..!
    We just have to be patient. I mean, we have waited for 2 years and a half for this album, so what would be the difference if we wait for two more months? right.. so yeah.!
    Good luck guys! ^_^

Pinkin.Lark

Pinkin.Lark Well-Known Member

once this album hits... it will be a destruction of the top 30.... say goodbye to your chamillionares, nelly furtardos... all we will be hearing is LP first single on the radio.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

If their singles gain the same amount, or maybe even more popularity that In The End held back in the day, I will truly cry out of joy inside my heart. (Seriously)

Ahh...good times good times.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

it's not ignorance, it's an opinion.

good job of influencing them. but if you listen to LP, there is hardly anybody that matches them sound for sound. I love "nu-metal" and I want LP's sound. I don't want to listen to the next CD and just be listening to what seems like LP playing Pink Floyd songs. PF has their sound, LP has theirs..... as they say, "if it isn't broken, why fix it?" a lot of fans love the LP sound. but I guess when all is said and done, LP has always been in the experimental process.

I just hope the new cd doesn't stray too far away

miny_girl_LP

miny_girl_LP wow the dark side has cookies!I'm there!

Sring 2007!!!!!:censored: Oh man!Well i guess we have nothing but the old stuff and the patience to wait for it to come out!:lol: But atleast the thought there will be an album after all is keeping my hopes up.:D

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

NO! why in hell would you want that! i dont want linkin park to be with the teenies! helll nahh! I want them to be big but i dont want linkin park to be the next good charlotte! Get all into the tabloids and having rumors with lindsay lohan or something! Thats the last thing i want to happen with linkin park. They should go back to being underground like when they 1st came out, that way the poeple wont get to them.

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

What do you think makes Linkin Park want to experiment? They just woke up one day...HEY LETS MIX GENRES AND EXPERIMENT! lol no...Pink Floyd, King Crimson, etc. have all influenced them. IMO, I am honestly over the Meteora sound of Linkin Park, it was another HT with a few exceptions (BTH for example), I wish Linkin Park really takes into the influence of Pink Floyd and make timeless music. I'm having difficulty trusting the interviews because they said the same thing about Meteora and I heard nothing in their music that really blew me away, but they weren't working with Rick Rubin before, so that gives me a huge boost of faith in this album. Of course LP has their own sound, but I honestly believe they can do A LOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT better than Meteora for an album. HT and Reanimation proved their diversity, now its time to show everyone else that they still have it. And with them taking the right influences with them and working with Rick Rubin, this album will hopefully be amazing.

Oh and if Linkin Park has that mentality 'if its not broken, dont fix it' then they are not true musicians because each album should not be the same, it should be known that its Linkin Park, but the sound can vary in so many ways and they need to explore that, if they don't...Linkin Park will die out easily.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2006
    -x-ecks-x-

-x-ecks-x- Well-Known Member

Words to live by. I'm actually really happy now that the name Pink Floyd has popped up.

Suru

Suru Member

Their is way too much hype for this 3rd album,but it is inevitable. It will make or break them. History has repeated itself with films such as Star Wars and The Matrix with so much hype and anticipation for their sequels/prequels. Let's just hope it doesn't happen with LP.

nenemaru_18

nenemaru_18 Member

Yeah! That's right! :mike:

The_Rising_Tied

This won't make them or break them suru! there already made. They already have respect in the music business. Plus the only way this album will break them if they go pop/punk like simple plan or some crap.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

Ok thats cool but I think they should stop talking about how diverse its going to be and what they're listening to and show us some new LPTV episodes to actually show us progress. There have been numerous stories about them saying how un-numetal they are now and all that but I think they have to actually prove it to our ears rather than all the stuff like "oh it has an ACDC guitar riff and it has a rave in the middle of the song".

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Au Contraire my friend. Au Contraire.

A lot of fans can be lost if the band releases a total shitfest. It doesn't matter how made you are, you gotta make good music to KEEP the fans.

The_Rising_Tied

ohhhh lol kk well i probably said it the wrong way. But i just hope linkin park doesnt get all simple plan u kno wut i mean? im not saying simple plan is crap but im saying i hope they dont become like those ppl who say there "rock" and theyre really not! Like k-fed in his new song his lyrivs are" this is that hip hop flavor mixed with a little bit of rock and roll" WTF IS THAT! ROCK AND ROLL?! come on k-fed thats just a bunch of bs and i think its effin bull shit when people do that.

Suru

Suru Member

They arn't made...yet

It takes a while for a band to establish themselves as true classics. A band can't be made with just two albums, two side ones and a live album. It takes many albums and yet they haven't even made a 'The best of Linkin Park'. I'm a fan because I see the potencial but I haven't been completely convinced that they can pull it off everytime they bring out an album.
    Overall there is just too much hype and it's just gonna build. The more hype the more dangerous things get. That's my philosophy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.