Linkin Park Get A Little 'Progressive'

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

Shadow is right about everything, but i still love Meterora XD ...

Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

Suit yourself whatever you have to label me. It's just sad that some facts are stated that are actually true not based on assumptions and thus you classify me not a "True fan".

If you didn't want to take it further why even bother commenting if what you feel what you said is right? It's obvious it's bugging you that I am saying this about your favorite band. I don't understand why people take it so personal. You are you. You are not linkin park. So why get so defensive? The only immaturity I find in the lyrics is that we have to be talking about shit that appeals to teenagers. They can by far surpass that. You are right I am not presenting to you this whole "immaturity" in the sense of lyrics because I am assuming that you as a "True fan" that you consider yourself, heard the stuff before the first album.

Oh well. Atleast I am glad they are progressing. Even if it takes some more time. It'd be sweet as hell to see them make something new. And that's the whole point of this topic. LP is changing.. and change is good =).

Also
    I like fans like you. You know what the facts are but yet even with it's defect like the album.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just be happy they are changing. It feels like LP fans are never satisfied.

When LP first came out I remember the first complain was:
    "WE NEED NEW MATERIAL!"

you guys get new material, second complain:
    "IT'S TOO MAINSTREAM! WE NEED A CHANGE!"

You guys hear new info about the new album and third complain:
    "DON"T CHANGE LP!! DON'T CHANGE"

So I ask myself? Wth do you guys want Linkin Park to do?!

In my opinion, let them do their thing this time. And let's hope it's not bullshit and they actually do their thing this time.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2006
    The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

shadow ur amazing!

aTouchOfMagic

aTouchOfMagic Active Member

The delay of this album really seems to be creating a lot of tension amongst a lot of people. i think all areas of this topic have been covered now. all the pros and cons etc. let it go, listen to some different bands for a while, and wait for some more news on LP for us all to express our opinions.

heres a list of bands ive been listening to a lot, you may like them u may not:

Placebo, My chemical romance, Blue october, The fratellis, Panic at the disco, Razorlight.

until next time......

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

Dont worry its nothing personal, but you're annoying me lol. It seems as though Shadow knows what hes talking about. Im on the same page as him. As for you thinking you know me, the reason I want Linkin Park to do something new and creative is so I WONT get tired of the new album in 6 months like Meteora did. HT still is one of my favorite albums, it always sounds good to me. Thats a great album, but Meteora...to people that actually have their ears open to music the album was almost the same forumla as stated in other posts. I'm not telling you how you should feel, if you want Linkin Park to die out and stick to the same formula then hey good for you. But bands need to change and evolve, I dont see the difficulty in admitting that Meteora was a cool album, but VERY similiar to HT. Its not the end of the world, Rick Rubin will take care of LP, I have a good feeling about it.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2006
    Shadow

And till then I'll be smiling like a little kid waiting for his present in christmas eve for that album to drop =P.

Thanks for the comments
    The_Rising_Tied
    and Pinkin =P

I am just anxious. After seeing how The Rising Tied went.. how all this new stuff is going to be once it comes out of the pot @_@. *drools*

Gambitia

Gambitia Member

Ditto. I can flaws galore on Meteora, and go on and on about how other CDs are so much better than it...but at the end of the day, I'm listening to Meteora.

I hope LP isn't cutting out their hip-hop sound on this album. None of the groups they're listing as inspiration for this album have been rap groups, and "Qwerty" was practically straight rock.

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

LOL, you guys should really stay on topic.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

I have a hard time believing Lp are trying to step their game up when touring with MCR. Anybody who says that isn't emo is a retarded.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

the line in Crawling, as i see it: theres something hidden, no one knows, but its dragging him down: "Crawling" in his skin.
    line from Easier to Run, as i see it in the context of the song: someone has found out something about him, something thats been hidden, but rather than deal with it it is "easier to run."
    totally different meanings, one talking about the problems of having a proble, the other talking about how to deal with it , one from hybrid theory, one off meteora, yet both of them have depth and definately not immaturity. immaturity would be if they didnt leave the lyrics open to interpretation and simply wrote us a recount instead of lyrics, as some emo bands do.
    :cloud:

arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

Totally right, reading my mind...

They're not touring with MCR, it's a festival its just ramdom and its a day after...

Suru

Suru Member

Your spot on [HARLZ].

As for you The_Rising_Tied, your still a suck up! Instead of backing someone up, explaiin next time 'WHY'!

LP targetted at teens? Ummm I know plenty who listen to LP and they're 30+. Just because they don't cuss in their songs doesn't make it adult proof.

Why do I take it personally you may ask? Let me ask you a questioin. Have you ever had a hero or someone you looked up to? And when he/she fell how did you feel? Not very good I assume. They arn't my hero's but I don't have to be LP to take it personally. If someone came to these forums and said LP S&&KS, they are SH%T and blah blah blah, of course I'm gonna be offensive!

As for the other dude who said "there are many other bands out there". Sorry but I'm very selective and kinda old school. I like Prodigy, NIN and Aphex however they haven't brought out any new stuff for a while.

-x-ecks-x-

-x-ecks-x- Well-Known Member

The feeling is mutual :)

I'm fully aware Meteora and HT are very similar... I did a report on it in high school. Basically what I'm saying to you (and shadow) is, 'Shut up, you "know" what YOUR talking about because like what was said... you are YOU.' I nor anyone else here who sees it kinda like I do realize that no matter what LP does, your incessant complaining won't do jack.

Hope we can still be friends though still, I'm not one to make enemies, and I feel as LP fans we're a special bread in our own because I can tell you like them for their creativity and not because they OMG ARE SO AMAZING!!!1!!1!1!!11!one.

Get my point? :D

Spokesmen

Spokesmen Banned

Hahaha you've finally done it. You've finally banned Suru for speaking his mind and defending LP. When he came to these forums things got interesting. Modfather I guess you arn't true to your word but the ghost of Suru lives on hahahaha. You can do whatever you like but he will always have his opinions engraved on these boards. And The_Rising_Tied, you will always be known as a suck-up, don't forget it!

aTouchOfMagic

aTouchOfMagic Active Member

I think that the only people that knw what they are chattin about is pinkin lark, shadow n sometimes suru, u r the only guys that i share the same wave length with! u make sense!

Shadow

Once again. I was not the one to bring the argument about immaturity. Now depth. Yes. At the end of the day.. regardless that one talks about solving and the other talks about the problem.. the point is .. they are still talking about the "problem". I don't call that depth. The problems are crawling within your brain and don't know how to deal with them. The other one is the problems you can't take em anymore and it's just best if you run away from them? Meh. I don't call that depth but that's my opinion. To each to his own. But the fact remains they both share the same track listing *deducting the intro on meteora* they both have the same song structure if you over lap them with an audio program and both have uncanning similarities. Once again. That I definitely do not call "depth" or "deep" or any of that sort.

Wow.. Suru got banned? I don't recall ever dissing LP and saying they suck o_O still don't understand why he got defensive but anywho.

Not to start a fight with you but be a little bit realistic here. This is a forum.. and it's open for discussion. You telling us to shut up.. is just a tad bit unfair don't you think? Did we tell you to shut up? No. And mind you.. maybe I am not the only one that is tired of seeing people "praising" and saying stuff that we obviously know by fact is not true o_O. I really hate that. Is either we say something positive about linkin park.. or nothing at all. If not "STFU" technically. We can't say anything neutral about that band o_O, so what's the point of a forum then? Or just talking in general o.o.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Enough said I won't continue with this. I believe there's enough relevant information within the past 2 pages to justify the opinion that people are having that supposely makes them not True Fans.

Amen to my LP fans. As for LPassociation. Keep the news coming! Damn it lol.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

That's a festival, so it's not likely that either band chose the other to be on the bill, and I'm sure I'd want to take up the opportunity to play live again, and possibly play some new stuff, even if I had an objection to another band that was playing too. Well done.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Oh wow, you're so cool, coming back after being banned and all. I wish I could be like you.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Banned.

I hate this thread with a passion. :lol:

*walks out*

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

As do I. This thread wreaks of stupidity and biased opinions.

There I said it =).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.