Chester's Privacy Invaded by Malicious Person

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

While it is normally against LPA policy to post stories regarding the band's personal lives, due to the severity of this news report we have decided to report on it as an example as to how fans or haters can go over the deep end, and into inappropriate and possibly even dangerous territory in their quest to connect with their favorite artist/celebrity, or even to affect celebs they may dislike.

In what can only be described as a shocking, and somewhat unsettling bit of information, several internet news websites have reported details concerning an employee previously of Sandia National Laboratories, who has been accused of using the company's computers to hack into personal cellphone and home computer accounts, all of which were owned by Chester Bennington and his wife Talinda.

After receiving a complaint from the Benningtons that "an unknown person, without authorization, had somehow accessed their Verizon Wireless telephone account," the US Secret Service began an investigation into the matter to try and trace the source of the unwarranted attacks, and discovered that the email addresses associated with the hackings traced back to Sandia Labs. After an internal investigation by the company, the employee; Ms. Devon Townsend, has had her employment terminated, as a conclusion of the review, and as a direct result of what was discovered on her work computer in relation to the case.

In information publically released by Sandia themselves, Ms. Townsend had apparently downloaded a 34 page Verizon Wireless bill belonging to the Benningtons to her computer, as well as folders containing personal pictures Chester and his wife had taken during their recent trip together to Japan.

In response to the charges, Townsend's attorney Ray Twohig remarked that his client is more upset about the upcoming case, than she is about the recent termination of her position at Sandia Labs. "She's charged with serious federal crimes," Twohig said.

No court date has currently been set for this case, as the US Government is currently undergoing the process of attempting to get an indictment against the defendant Ms. Townsend, due to the heinous nature of her crimes.

We will keep you updated here as more information becomes available.

Sources:
    Blabbermouth.net
    Albuquerque Tribune

Thanks to Grandmaster Hellflame for the news

Update: A recent search of the suspect's house turned up Linkin Park memorabilia suggesting that Ms. Townsend had an unhealthy obsession with Chester and the band. It is reported that what alerted the Bennington's to their breach of security was a serious of threatening phone calls by the defendant, waged against Talinda Bennington over a series of weeks. Devin will be under electronic surveillance until a court date is set, although as of this time, nothing is set in stone.

Source: http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1562868,00.html

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah as Derek said before, obsessive fans should definatly learn from this. I love Chester and LP as much as the next guy (as long as the next guy isn't Ms. Devin Townsend :lol:) but this is just going overboard. Hell it's one of these types of cases that make for thriller/horror movie storylines. It should also be a lesson to everyone that there's more to life than just simply idolising other people.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

That's just ridiculous. Even famous people deserve to have their privacy. It's hard enough having to deal with the media all the time...

the_king_of_all

the_king_of_all LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Ms. Devin Townsend.. :lol: (Fans of SYL should undersand)

Anyway, I never actualy understood what's to gain from knowing who someone is calling etc. unless you suspect they're involved in criminal activities and you're the police.. so.. this is a little weird.. but very.. VERY over the top.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Wow. Who's to say she was a fan though?

aTouchOfMagic

aTouchOfMagic Active Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
    George Bush:
    He is thirty percent shmuck, zero percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated passing of bills
    Fifty Five percent displeasure, zero percent brain
    And a hundred percent reason to forget his idiot name!

Genius!!

i personally dont think that this ms townsend is a fan of chester at all. fans dont behave like that. finding out where he lives n taking photos of him everyday..maybe! but hacking into his computer n phone line..thats just disgusting.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Fair statement actualy, she might have actualy hated him alot. However it makes more sense that she was a fan because everyone would like to be able to say they have a celebrity's phone number.

Derek

Edited it to not suggest either way. Now the report says it could be a hater.

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

Ms. Devin Townsend?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Derek

Knew you'd love that being a metalhead and all Testament.

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

Dave singlehandedly got me to read this thread...I'm glad I did.

I'm going to post this on the SYL forums now :lol:

arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

Important news people:

"Linkin Park's new album hint"

"Wes reports that there's a short article about Linkin Park in the December 2006 issue of Blender Magazine and Chester revealed that the next Linkin Park album will be called "T__and T__" (he only gave a hint). He also described that the house they are recording in (Rick Rubin's house) used to be home to gangster Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel and it is where Harry Houdini's mistress lived. They also said that the album is due in February '07. I don't have a scan unfortunately, thanks Wes."

Thanks to lptimes.com...

finally some new news, T... & T...??????

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

My thoughts exactly. :lol:

Verizon, of course.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

We already know that. Wrong thread too. ;)

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

FEBURARY 07!! woooooot!! :) :)

-x-ecks-x-

-x-ecks-x- Well-Known Member

I didn't know that...

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

I do now.

arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

Sorry, i was just trying to help, there's people that only read the news and coments and never go to the forums, i just thought it was weird it wasns´t posted in the news thread...

oops...

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

shocking...

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Sorry Andrea, but not I don't think many people know abaout this. Too bad he posted it in the wrong place. Maybe you should put it in the news section.

On topic:

People are crazy. It's nothing new.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.