Chester The Boatswain?

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Viper62

Viper62 Well-Known Member

whats wrong about seaman?

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

Hey Will! Im entitled to my own fucking opinion? Iuno wuts up ur ass, just cuz my name is the rising tied dosent mean i hate linkin park. Ive been a fan with them since i saw one step closer on muchmusic. 1st of all you don't know shit about me, and 2nd of all you're being quite rude telling me to shut up. I Have my opinion and if u don't like it (im not gunna say it cuz im gunna get banned) but it has something to do with dogs.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

That post just radiates of maturity.

He makes a perfectly good point. While Will's message may have been a little aggressive, I too am sick of the doomsday fans who whine on and on about band members presenting at award shows (AMAs), and doing small movie roles (Crank), and art shows and the like, everytime it's posted in the news. Who the hell are you to complain about how somebody chooses to live their life? You should be grateful that the band hasn't packed it all up after all the millions and millions of dollars, scrutiny from the media, and controlling and whining fans. Do you know easy it would be for them to fulfill their contractual obligations, put out some lackluster follow-up album, a couple of DVDs, and a greatest hits and christmas album to boot? It'd be simple. But instead they spend the time to slowly craft their music to put out to fans, some of which are so impossible to please that anything put out will not exceed their expectations.

Have you realized that this band has historically recorded their music in stages? Rob records the durm parts, followed by Joe on the turntables, Brad and Dave on guitars, and then Mike and Chester on vocals. Perhaps Chester went and did his little film role in the summer when the band was writing, or perhaps during Rob's drumming? You don't just jump to conclusions that anything a band member does during the writing/recording process negatively affects the process itself. Are you going to complain if Chester's kid comes down with the flu and he goes home early one night to check on how he feels? How selfish is that. These people are living their lives, and sure as hell aren't doing it to your expectations, so why complain?

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

Im not really complaning, Im more stating my own opinion. But ok you do make some good points. Im not just some linkin park fan cuz i fell in love with in the end or numb. Ive been there since the beggining and i love their music and i still do. HT And Meteora were great albums and im not a tennie. Just that i don't know when i think back to when mike had red hair and they were wearing shit clothes, they would of never been thinkin of being in a movie, they were doing wut they loved doing which was being linkin park.L And i for one miss that. They've changed now obviously and i'll always love them as a band no matter wut.

Like these days all the mainstream bands are doing movies cuz they kno they can cuz of their name im like oh boy if i ever see chester or mike in a movie thats just going to be nuts. But if chester enjoys it then good for him honestly if hes happy then i am happy just the fact of him doing it now, yanks my chain a tiny bit. So Sorry for complaning just giving my opinion.

TheFamousStik

TheFamousStik Well-Known Member

The biggest thing about this, and I can see it from Chester's standpoint, is that an entertainer loves to entertain, no matter what medium it's on. I love to do music, but I also love to act. Chester may have done a little acting in high school, but I'm sure he saw the people he entertained and was instantly hooked. I applaud Chester for diving into acting, it's great entertainment and a lot of fun.

On a related note, I believe this role may be bigger for him than in Crank. Normally when you're higher up on the cast list, there's either only one main character, or you have a supporting role. I'll have to check this out when it's released (hopefully) in theaters.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think the IMDB castlist is meant to be in alphabetical order. That's what they normally do until they find out which actors have larger roles, or the order they appear in. :p
    Anyway, I'm also hoping it's more than a short cameo, as I'm intrigued as to whether he can make it as an actor or not.

Nothin*2*lose

Nothin*2*lose Well-Known Member

Oh good it better be a longer role! The last one was abit blink and you miss it kinda thing....

the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

I clicked on that link in the original report, and Chester's name doesn't show up anywhere. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place?

Anyway, screw it all. If someone wants to do something, then they can. And even if Chester films during the production of the album, there are millions of studios around the world where he can do his vocals. There is e-mail and video conferencing and the like. Do you honestly think that for the last year or more the band has been going at it 24/7? Hell no! They'd just get bored, frustrated, and then want to kill eachother.

On all the DVD's and stuff I've seen, Chaz has always hammed it up for the camera. He enjoys it. Perhaps in that interview (I can't remember who mentioned it) when he said he didn't act...well...people change their minds on occassion, and have different reasons for what they do.

I hope he does get into acting. I like it when people don't focus all their attention into one hobby or pursuit. When people shake things up a bit, they get inspiration from other sources.

tornbloodangel

tornbloodangel Member

i think chester would make a good actor and it is up to him what he wants to do, also i am glad they're realesing a new album!

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Why do you care so much what Chester does? He also likes to act, big fucking deal. This isn't a communist country where you do what the government tells you to do or you go to jail. If he likes the acting roles, then let him act. Stop acting like the band owes you something.

Your problem here, is that you're thinking of them as a band, not as people. Making up that band are 6 individual people, who are just like you and me. They're not anything special, they're not some drone who has their role in life coded in their head. They're humans. They have hobbies and things they like to do and are good at, obviously, the first one being music. And if one of them likes acting, and is offered an acting role, then there's no reason anyone should try to stop him.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm seeing that too now. It was there when I posted the article.

Hmmm..strange.

[LP]Ori*[LP]

[LP]Ori*[LP] Guest

LoL... This is where forum discussions get good, all people fighting back and forth and etc just because of an acting part??.... :unsure: ummmhhmm... In my opinion, I think is good that Chester is doing movies and commercials, I mean if he likes it then he should do it.. It's not like LP is gonna be together for ever, but again, this side project (movie) will just kinda delay the album again??... maybe... and I wonder if the band members have had any problems before because of all the side projects that have been made.
    And let's see how it works out 'cuz Chester doesn't appear in the general cast for the movie anymore... I guess Derek will have to get Chester on the phone and ask him what's going on with him right now.!!! hahaha.. LoL
    C'mon guys, I'mmmmmmmmmmm soooooooooo in love with LP and they're amazing but they deserve a time on their own.. just imagine being with the band 24/7.. omg.. that'll be annoying for me if I were to be a band member.. xD.. They have their own private lifes and families, and even children (Chester's), so what that heck..
    Just don't worry... They are going to be together for a long time, just like Phoenix said, this third album is like the beggining of new things cuz HT & Meteora were their first two "kids" hahahaha.. so stop being so unrespectful? to others and don't insult yourselves, it's just making things worse..
    hahaha.. now that it has been confirmed by Phoenix that the band gets in LPA, just imagine them reading this stuff... LoL, They'll be like "WOW, omg, are you serious??, dude so awesome, etc..." LMAO.. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.