The Athiest Delusion

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Tomi, Dec 7, 2006.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The way the images and words come at you while he's talking is so much like The Word on the Colbert Report.

I love it.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

:D I lol'd

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

hmm well i think if your atheist then your lost, because my cousin is a atheist and she doesn't know what shes doin in life, with religion at least it gives you something to live for. something to look forward to and to keep you on a steady track in life that guy was funny as hell in a weird way lol

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

I hope that was sarcastic.

Hahah, the video was quite ftw =)

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

wow.....

I'm atheist, and I'm hardly lost in life. I'm currently in college, and a damn good one at that, doing quite well and on track to have a nice job when I graduate and live what I consider a good life. Just because your cousin's lost, doesn't mean all atheists are. There are murderers in jail who have become born again evangelicals, so should I just say that all christains are murderers?

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Funny video.

And I came in here all ready to smash some religious "logic".

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Using his logic, yes.

Daniel

Okay, i gotta say something. Todd, I'm just guessing, but chances are you are NOT atheist. You're probably agnostic. An atheist is someone who blindly, plainly does not beleive in religion, to the point that they will make derogatory and offensive comments about those who are religious. An agnostic, on the other hand, is merely someone who does not believe in religion, but does not force their opinion onto others.

(Sorry Todd, I didn't mean to intrude or sound rude or anything)

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

Uh...actually last time I checked Atheism simply means one doesn't believe in a God or higher being, while agnosticism is the belief that religious views are unprovable and as such followers take no side on religious belief. Neither group by definition blindly does anything. And atheists as a whole certainly don't make deragatory comments all over the place, at least no more so than religious followers themselves. Your generalizations will get you nowhere. And how can you possibly claim whether someone you haven't met is or is not Atheist to begin with?

Great video :p

Daniel

:lol: yeah that's why I said I'm just guessing...soz. Dammit stupid Mr Sawyer (my English teacher) for giving me the wrong definitions! Hey, don't you start on the generalisations stuff, I get that on every report card I get from school at the end of the year....like the one I got today :lol:. You're too general, expand, expand, expand...and so on. >_<

Tomi

Tomi &nbsp; LPA Addict

:lol: Wrong definitions, buddy. Your teacher obviously has something wrong with non-religious people, as he's teaching people wrong on purpose.

atheist - a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.
    agnostic - a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience.

Daniel

Grr *grumblemumblegrumble* :angry:

...Frankly I shouldn't be surprised, I've corrected his spelling and definitions so many times before it's not funny :lol: (I got top in my English class for the year (w00t))

Tomi

Tomi &nbsp; LPA Addict

Hah, don't worry, nothing negative towards you. Your teacher just obviously sucks. :lol:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

That video was awesome. And the worst part about it is that there are a lot of Christians I know who are exactly like that. It's really frustrating half the time. You ask them to "prove it" and they say "it's right here in the Bible." And then they ask you to "prove gravity" so you punch them in the dome and they fall down and they call you a sinner. Psht. :lol:

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Well, even if that was the definition (which it sure as hell is not) then I'd still be an Atheist because I have made derogatory and offensive comments towards those who are religious :D

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Cool video. :D How it's possible that people still believe that, is beyond me...

Religion is just a VERY GOOD way invented by people to control the masses, man. :lol:

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

Ahaha, that video was brilliant. But I am a very strong atheist so I would say that.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

That video made my day :lol:

As mentioned by someone before, it's the sad truth that some religious people actualy do think that because something is written in the bible it must be true. Using that sense of logic that would be like me reading a safety manual saying ''Fire doesn't hurt when you touch it'' or ''you will get a very nice sensation when a nuclear missile explodes next to you''. I don't mean to offend people by this but those kind of people are nutters in my opinion, just look at Brian Welch (ex-Head from KoRn) - the guy asks Jesus in the supermarket what food he should eat to be healthy *headdesk* I mean c'mon. The the bible is a nice set of fairy tales but I doubt even an eigth of it is true, if that.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2006
    devilsnight2003

devilsnight2003 Dogs Don't kill People, Wabbits Do

after watching that i feel like hitting someone, the guys voice annoys me.

I think religion was invented as a way of easing worries to questions that would frighten people like what happens when u die and i also think religion was invented to control people. thats my opinion