IF LP Split Who Would Have The Best Solo Career?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Luke, Dec 17, 2006.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Okay before anyone says shit like ''OMFG LP ARNT SPLITTIN R DEY???!!!!11'' they're not. We had a thread like this a few years ago and because so many new people have joined since then I thought I'd give it a rebirth. Try to post intelligent answers aswell, nothing like saying Chester would be the best playgirl model or some shit like that please. :)

Speaking of Chester I think he would do the best on his own simply because his vocals can be used in pretty much any type of genre of music (apart from Hip Hop obviously). He is an absolutely amazing vocalist and I think it would take him places if LP were ever to go their seperate ways which is why I'm really looking forward to hearing Snow White Tan.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Hm....most likely Shinoda or Bennington, unless Joe's movie career really took off.

I want to say Mike though. He already has experience in Fort Minor, plus can do guitar, rap, write lyrics, play piano, mix, produce, sample, etc.

He is the most multitalented so I think he would be most capable on his own.

You never knew though. Chester's voice is more versatile than I ever could have imagined.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

I think Chester would have a great career! He's is very talented. Mike would do good also, but not as good as Chester.

I see the others being in different careers but they will do great too!

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'd have to say Mike, between Fort Minor, producing songs/records for other people, and his artwork, he's pretty much set for a long life in the music business regardless of how long LP keeps going.

Chester might have the better career, but it's hard to judge that because of how little solo material there is from him. I can see him having a successful solo career and being all over the place. He'd probably collaborate with Orgy/Julien-K a lot, Snow White Tan would most likely be at least as successful as Fort Minor, and with all the stuff he's done cover-wise with Bucket of Weenies, Camp Freddy, the tribute to The Doors, and all his live guest appearances, I can see him being featured on quite a few cover/tribute albums. And there's always his acting career, I don't see him having an immensely successful career in acting, but it's another option that's always there.

Joe could also be a successful solo artist, I see him having the potential to be the next Z-Trip or DJ Shadow. And even if he doesn't pursue a solo music career, he's got a lot of music video credits, plus The Seed, it's only a matter of time before he produces a full-length movie. And he's also a good artist like Mike.

Brad, I don't really see him going places with a music career after LP, but he seems to be the guy in the band who really knows a lot about the music business. His family runs Bandmerch, he's also a good producer (as we've seen with his remix of Where'd You Go), and I just see him possibly going the same route Mark Wakefield did, and become a successful music businessman.

Rob and Phoenix, I can really only see them joining/starting other bands...maybe a Snax reunion? :lol: Like they're both talented, but they've really only done music their whole careers, whereas the othe 4 members have done a lot on their own. I can see them forming the rhythm section for a successful new band, they really hold it down, and they both have more talent than they get to show in LP.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Ummmm... *copies and pastes exactly what tasta said* there we go, now i sould intelligent.
    :cloud:

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

I agree with tasta...but...has everyone forgotten that mike sings pretty damn well too?...he sings on LiT and to be honest?...I love his voice when he sings...

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Mike would be a big producer.

nkramar

nkramar LPA VIP LPA VIP

Gotta agree with tasta on this one, except 2 things. Mike has said several times that Rob has an unnatural ability to create music rather quickly, as evidenced by his comments on the Making of Meteora DVD and the Collision Course DVD. Take that into account with his sheer talent for playing and I think he'd be successful doing solo work.

And Phi... Well, he can rap. :)

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think it's pretty obvious that Chester or Mike would be the most successful, but I'd like to see Joe make his own album, as well as one of those films he's been working on for god knows how long.

the_king_of_all

the_king_of_all LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Agreed. I'd love to hear an album from Joe, but he's wildley underrated, so i think if he made one it wouldn't be as popular as say FM.

Vdalem

Joe helps Mike with "Slip out the back". It shows he is more then just a pretty face!! He is developing a good reputation as a video director ala Hype Williams and Dave Mayers!

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Didn't he just do those odd little scratches at the end?

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yes.

Vdalem

Oh hush you two! He's talented period!!

It also just shows that Mike can't do anything with aleast one or two of the LP guys!:p

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

I think it's pretty obvious Chester and Mike would have the best solo career.
    Their the leadvocalists of the band and they're the guys who are the most drawn to the spotlight.

Joe'd do good too, but I don't think he'd be able to sell himself as a single artist. A solo album would be intresting, though.
    Brad doing more like the business part of music seems logical too.
    Phoenix and Rob would probably start another band like tasta said or just take a long rest and be with their family or so...

Don't think this would ever happen, though. If there's one band that'll never break up it's Linkin Park, they've known each other for so long and are all normal guys, not seeking attention... you know.

aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I really think that we can't determine that.
    It's obvious that they all are pretty talented. So it depends mainly on the future decisions that the make and the type of work they find themselves worthy.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Yea i agree, LP will never break up. None of them are attention seeking types, i dont think theres any rivalry in the band.
    :cloud:

[LP]Ori*[LP]

[LP]Ori*[LP] Guest

Yeah.. I haven't seen Chester or Mike fighting with each other or anything..
    They love each other.!! even Chester says it everytime... lol... and Mike says is true but they are not gay.. (LMAO) hahaha..
    All of the guys have an amazing talent and if they slpit up (which I don't think so right now..) they will all have different things to do..

-Chester is gonna keep singing and doing more movies!! he'll do more than just one solo album and all that stuff.
    -Mike will maybe do a second FM album, which it would be great!!.. and he'll produce, and do more gallery shows.! yay.. Maybe, after LP, he would have time to have a baby with Anne..!! he'll be a great dad!
    -Rob... I see him marrying Vanessa and forming a family more than anything, but he's def. bussiness man.. so lets see what's going to happen to him..! I don't picture him joining another band..!!
    -Brad is going to keep producing and still being a manager... he already booked Holly with Mike for FM.. so he'll keep doing that.. also, I see him writting melodies ans songs for other bands..!! He's bussiness man too.
    -Phoenix. I picture him taking it easy.. I mean his family already owns a company so I don't think he's gonna do anything that's going to be big.. I don't know.. maybe have so kids with his wife and then taking control over his family company.. and producing too..
    -Joe!!! lol.. I see him doing a lot of remixes with other artist.. and start producing more music videos and movies.. He'll probably get involved with TV even more..!! and then soon we'll watch a movie produced by "Mr. Hanh"..! yay!!... Also I picture him designing clothes and stuff for companies..!
    so yeah

But nobody knows, or at least not yet.!! They are gonna last long together..!! There's not doubt on that!!
    So Linkin Park forever!!:D

Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

Chester would have the best solo career, while Mike's would be my favorite because I know his rapping will be down to earth with awesome lyrics. Mike doesn't do it to sell, he does it for the fans and just raps about what he wants.

Chester has such an amazing voice that he'll go really far.

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

is Scott Koziol an option?