EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: David "Phoenix" Farrell Speaks With LPAssociation.com!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I suggest anyone who wants new info can go and attempt to get an interview with an LP band member themself. Good luck doing it because I doubt it was easy to score an interview with Phoenix.

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

And it wasn't.

I ASKED the questions everyone wanted to know. I just didn't get the answers everyone wanted to know. Not my fault. I really, really, really tried to get more than a generic answer on some of these, but the band isn't going to just blab everything out in one shot =\.

3. GigaScythe

GigaScythe Well-Known Member

And you did a damn good job, great work ^_^

4. User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

No.

And Derek, apologies for not commenting on this earlier. A fansite getting an interview with an band member is quite the feat, so congratulations on that.

5. Tom

Tom LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

It's not very nice to not even thank someone for even relaying the interview with members of the site, Derek could have just said ''haha, assholes i'm keeping this to myself!'' (not that he would), it's the first interview a fan based website has been given, so in future it would be nice to be greatful ^_^
    and yes your entitles to have your own opinion, everyone is, all i'm saying is if your own opinion annoys other people you could face problems if your not careful.

I would call saying maybe Australia 'info wise' hmmm? yeah i don't live in Australia but it's still info on what the band are doing, and i think you mean media wise? well if so you'll have to wait like the rest of us until there's another announcement. ^_^

and kthanks apology accepted :thumbsup:

Have a nice day! ^_^

6. [LP]Ori*[LP]

[LP]Ori*[LP] Guest

it's true.. I agree with Derek.. what that heck! just be grateful!!!!.. this interview has answered so many questions.. and if it didn't answer yours then go and try to get an interview with LP yourself... Evryone knows LP is not gonna tell the whole truth, so what's so surprising about it..! they even said it themselves in one of MTV's interviews.. so be patient and you are so lucky to be a member in this site and get an interview like this one.. I bet no other website could have pull it like this... so yeah.

And thanks again Derek!! some ppl like me really appreciate it..!:D

7. The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

ok ok! fine thanks derek for the interview, ok?

Jeeze, i just wont state my opinion anymore if it pisses everyone off...im sorry

8. Derek

Didn't mean to come off harsh and I'm sorry.

If you read the LPU newsletter, Dave gave nothing new there compared to this.

9. Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Actually, this is a privately owned and operated forum. So, you don't exactly have full rights to free speech. If one of the staff wanted, they could ban you if you ever said something like banana.

So don't go talking around on forums, trying to protect yourself by saying you have the right to free speech - you don't.

Just a lesson about something many don't know about.

10. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Quit acting the victim in all of this. You often come of as an ungrateful, pessimistic cynicist who has rarely anything positive or reaffirming to say about anything. Perhaps that's why everyone gets on your back, not for having an opinion, but for having a deplorable attitude about anything. Sometimes I swear you evaluate things just to find the small negatives so you can express your glass-half-empty "opinion". The rest of the forums have caught on and the only person who can change that attitude is you. So do as you wish, but don't retreat to the "poor me" stance if you refuse not to.

11. Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

Do I have to close this thread too?

Let's all just relax a bit, guys.

12. Misi

Misi Well-Known Member

ar there any chances to get a new interview next month ?

13. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Um, no. We were lucky enough to get this one as it is.

14. The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

ok ok...well last comment off topic. Sorry for being so negative you guys seriously. Ill try not to come off as such an "ass" all the time. And i am grateful but sometimes i can come off...like a jerk.

Seriously guys, Sorry to all the lpa members on the forum and espicially the staff! Just hope this is a good enough apologie to gain ur respect back...

P.s - Sorrryy :(

15. aTouchOfMagic

aTouchOfMagic Active Member

I think everyone goes off topic now n again. including the MODS! Ive been known to go off topic.
    So, who would i be to say that i have no respect for you?!
    Its all good man!

16. Derek

Maybe not next month but I do want to get one sometime next year, perhaps when they come to tour around here.

So to answer your question, 95% chance of a no for next month, but later on in 2007? Possibly.

17. Misi

Misi Well-Known Member

that sounds fare enough :)
    the really cool thing, beside the lpu chat, is that u could ask him about touring

18. laurens

laurens Well-Known Member

OMG all.
    You should hear yourself.
    The_Rising_Tied has rights to speak and you have to accept that he thinks the interviews countains not much info.
    So plz Shut Up next time about it, it is really annoying to see you guys 'fighting'>_<
    You could ignore? or accept that not all people have the same opinion
    That would make the world boring

BTW.

Derek nice interview :)

19. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I accept that fact. I don't accept the fact that Derek went through hell and high water to get this interview, and The Rising Tied acts ungrateful. That's his problem.

And no, technically, he doesn't have the right to speak. There is no freedom of speech on the internet. And I'll show you how no free speech exists on the internet: The next person to post something either in support or against The Rising Tied or to bitch about the interview gets warned.

20. Derek

Thou shalt listen to The Todd.

I'm sick of you ungrateful people. Would you like me to start making these exclusives VIP only and to start charging people to see them? I run this website without making any money off ads, AND don't expect a dime from any of you, yet some people appear too thick to understand that. Because Todd is helping out with the bill, we're actually considering making T-Shirts for LPA to foot the over 25.00 a month bill that has to be paid in order for this site to be up. So some of you need to realize that, no, you do not have free speech here, and anything we find inappropriate we can handle in the manner in which WE desire since WE own the site and not YOU.

You might find it unfair, but you try giving money out for this site without getting a dime back in return, and see if it's easy. That's not to say I regret doing what I do, but with some of you people..it certainly makes me consider charging. That way leechers who gather exclusive content from us but aren't thankful for it, can't get it that easily.

But luckily for you, I'm nice and don't do that...so all of you need to: C-H-I-L-L.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.