IF LP Split Who Would Have The Best Solo Career?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Luke, Dec 17, 2006.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Speaking of Scott Koziol, does anyone have any idea where he is these days?
    :cloud:

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

http://www.bassslut.com/

Harlz

P.D.

P.D. Well-Known Member

I thinks Mike should have the best solo career..............

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

I think none of their solo careers would be all that succesful anyway. Mike's Fort Minor was somewhat of a small success, but it was not like a huge achievement or anything. I'd say it wouldn't matter who had the most succesful solo at this point, because none of the solos would make a noticable impact in the first place. Why can't they do a little bit more work as a band and make a few more albums of new material before they consider solo's so much?

P.D.

P.D. Well-Known Member

ask them then :p

LP_rocks

LP_rocks New Member

i dont think that LP is gonna break up... but if they will i dont know who would have the best solo career... maybe :chester: or :mike: ... anyway i dont like these threads like if chester leaves the band or if LP break the band...:cloud:

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I don't think FM did well because it lacked hype and promotion. Also people wanna hear different artists featuring on the album (also ones which would boost creadibility and appeal) such as Jay-z, Snoop Dogg or D12, not SOB on every other track. I also think that certain songs that made it only onto the mixtape or exclusive release via Militia were actualy better than than some of the songs that made the cut for The Rising Tied. If it were up to me these songs would be in/out of the album:

In:
    - Spraypaint & Inkpens (Huge mistake not having this on the album, Ghostface would have also boosted appeal)
    - Bloc Party (Amazing song, the Bloc Party sample would also have boosted appeal)
    - 100 Degrees
    - Tools Of The Trade

Out:
    - There They Go
    - Get Me Gone (With a track like High Road already on the album why would this even need to be on the album?)
    - Petrified (Terrible lyrics, basic tune, not an example of how talented Mike actualy is, why he chose this as a single and video is quite beyond me aswell)
    - The Battle (why...just why...Celph Titled is a very talented emcee, why was he given less than 30 seconds on the entire album)

Overall TRT was a decent album but Mike has the potential to produce something that would make this album seem like something the Spice Girls came up with. It's because of this that FM has not done well at all.

And about your point about focusing on the band; would you rather wait 4 years with no new material from members of LP or would you rather have an album or two to tied you over until the album comes out? In all honesty I'm dissapointed Chester didn't release his Snow White Tan project sooner but FM was enough to keep us busy until the new album comes out IMO.

I do slightly agree with you though that if LP ever did split I wouldn't expect any of their careers to be super-duper-spectacular successes however I do feel that certain members of the band would be more well equipped by themselves than others.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
    aTouchOfMagic

aTouchOfMagic Active Member

I would expect a lot of people to say mike will have more success in a solo career because of his side project 'fort minor' (i love them). But chester is yet to finish working on his side project 'snow white tan'. Not only has he yet to provide us with his own music, but he has also starred, briefly, in a film titled 'crank'. he is also lined up to star in another film. hopefully with a bigger role. So what im saying is that i think chester would possibly have the better solo career. But the band doesnt neccessarily have to split for them to have solo careers. as proved by mike shinoda.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I'd have to agree with Luke about the whole Rising Tied thing.

As for Petrified, Mike personally wanted that to be on the record. He wanted to do something fun and it was not intended to be something serious, according to something he said in his interviews. It's a cool beat, I'll admit, and the production was ace. But the lyrics were just terrible. That's how Mike wanted it to be. It wasn't meant to be anything special.

Although I can't believe Spraypaint & Ink Pens wasn't on the record. That would have made TRT much better, and it would have made the fan base slightly bigger.

Do What We Did would have been cool on the record, I think.

Tools of the Trade...I think it's better off as an exclusive track, just because it's so silly. It's sillier than Petrified, even though it's more humorous and at least there are some cool rhymes on it.

Speaking of which, what the fuck happened to the exclusive tracks? :lol:

jonah

jonah Well-Known Member

I won't give an opinion as to who will have the "better" or "more successful" solo career until that Snow White Tan album releases.

But I will make my point to say that Chester will definitely gain the most attention or popularity. With the cameos and requests he's gaining from left to right, his career definitely won't end with Linkin Park. Though this is not meant to suggest that Mike's not gaining attention as well. His work and performances, in my opinion, just fall short; whereas with Chester, his singing alone would gain a better repute.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Personally, I think Fort Minor's next CD will be more successful than The Rising Tied because I think now that Mike has played around with getting Styles of Beyond out there (which is what I think he wanted to do), he's gonna have more guests on his next CD. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Jay-Z guesting on the next CD.

As for Chester, I can't make an accurate guess because the only song hes released has been Morning After and that was written a long ass time ago.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Well, Let Down was even better IMO. But I agree the next Fort Minor will be even better.

Harlz

^ yea Let Down was awesome, some of the best vocals ive ever heard on that track, and its live too. I think that track is one of the best representations of how amazing a singer he is.
    :cloud:

pushedaway

pushedaway Well-Known Member

I think Chester would be a great solo singer.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Not to mention the vocals he did with Camp Freddy covering Paradise City, Whole Lotta Love and Highway To Hell.

lpjordy

lpjordy Well-Known Member

Unless Mike put alot of thought into his next rap album, Chester would take it. Even my friends who like rap think FM was stupid. Burgers and ribs? Come on.