Rick Rubin Not Good Enough For Velvet Revolver?

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Luke, Jan 22, 2007.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

i remembered one of the De Leo brothers were in there too if im not wrong, but continuing on what Derek said, yeah Velvet Revolver is shit, Rubin isj ust wasting his time on them....

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

The thing is when you're dealing with Velvet Revolver you can almost cut the arrogance around them with a knife. Particularly Scott Weiland who seems to think that VR are the best thing in music right now. I remember after their performance at Live 8 there was an interview with Weiland and all he could talk about was how playing in front of such a huge audience was a real step up for him and how no one can do what VR do, practicly saying they're in a different league of rock music to anyone else. Thing is that Scott Weiland is one of the most untalented vocalists I've heard in my life and he only gets his creadability from suposedly giving up the drugs.

I don't hear as much bullshit talk from Slash, Matt and Duff but you hear the occasional arrogant remark completly self promoting VR. Fact is that VR is a huge step down from what they were playing in GNR whether they or anyone else wants to believe it or not. Also I find many of the songs on Contraband to be completly GNR inspired. Whether it was subconsciously inspired or not I don't know but, as I've mentioned before, songs like Fall To Pieces ARE Guns N Roses songs. They just don't have an equaly arrogant lead vocalist known as Axl Rose singing to it. But atleast he could sing.

If they don't wanna use probably the best producer in the world on their new album then fine. Let their music be an even bigger load of shit than it probably would have been whether Rick worked with them or not, that's what I say.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

word; leaves rick rubin with more room for better projects, i suppose, ay? :D

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

am I the only one here who actually likes Velvet Revolver?

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Actually, Weiland was better off ON the drugs. :lol:

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

:lol:!

In the words of Kurt Angle: It's true...it's damn true! :lol:

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

VR = Wasted Guns N' Pilots.

Dave Kushner was in Wasted Youth...draw your own conclusions from there.