LPU Chat With Rob: Highlights

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Some new information was shed during tonight's Linkin Park Underground chat with LP drummer, Rob Bourdon,

Regarding the release date:
    "It should be out by summertime."
    "The April release date was bad info. We are currently mixing the songs that we know will be on the album. And there's still a few up in question songs that will be the last to get mixed. After that we will sequence and master the album."

Regarding the album title:
    "Still thinking of one."

Regarding new LPTV episodes:
    "Hopefully [the new episodes will air] sometime this month.

We've worked really hard on the new LPTV episodes, and we went back and recapped a lot of the past, and we also have a lot of great footage from the current project in the studio, working together in all the different environments where we were working on this album"

Regarding Projekt Revolution 2007:
    "Yes we are planning to do Projekt Revolution this year, and we're putting together the line-up now."

Thanks to Grandmaster Hellflame!

Mon(e)y

Mon(e)y Active Member

now the release date is the fucking summer:mad:

raiyu

raiyu Active Member

Regarding the album title:
    "Still thinking of one."

hahaha got to love these guys, seems they had an easier ride naming meteora

and relax, creativity takes a lot of time and these guys are perfectionists ... waiting is the lesser of two evils when it comes to quality, or do you want b grade music they didn't put enough effort into?

go lp ... hope you didn't listen to the critics too much, they have a tendency to upset the flow of an artist even if they don't know what they're talking about

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

this makes the idea of the May release date even more valid, and possibly be LATE May. Technically summer doesn't start till late June either, so it's possible it could be as late as June if this holds. getting really tired of the guessing game, but they don't know the date themselves either by what he said as far as a few songs till kind of up in the air as to whether or not they'll make it or not. hopefully they will to be honest so we get MORE music on the album. i'd rather wait for more than to have them rush it and not have as many songs.

regarding album titles, who else thinks Linkin Park could never have a self-titled album? or it that just me? for some reason i think it would be weird. maybe only for like a greatest hits album eventually, but still... weird random thoughts here. sorry ;)

Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

Some people consider May summertime, especially when big motion pictures are released. So don't worry. May or June is my guess for the release. No big deal.

illusive

illusive Member

by summertime you know they mean by the end of august.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
    Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Bleh, no hard info really, except the PR07 bit, which i must admit im excited about. I think that came to Australia? Or maybe that was the Meteora World Tour... hmmmm
    :cloud:

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I don't understand why they why they would release a single 1 1/2 to 2 months prior to release. People will get bored if they havn't already.

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

maybe that would lead to a possible second single if the wait is too long? although i don't think that happens too often, with any band.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

:lol: well late June (the 29th to be exact) is my birthday, so I guess it's not ALL bad. Plus I guess it means they've got more time to work on making the album better. I hope.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Duke Nukem? :lol:

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

If that was referring to my comment, please don't remind me of that again. EVER :lol:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Amazing how we can make a terrible, inexcusably bad chat sound informative with one news post.

I don't think it was Rob in that chat. Rob just isn't that thick to totally dodge every big question and instead focus on questions about his muscles. Several of us think it was a WB imposter filling in for Rob, hence the late entry.

..At least I hope not.

general41391

general41391 Well-Known Member

It better come out no later than June 12...that is my cut off date.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

You guys are sick. Especially those of you who are complaining about it. Sick, sick, sick, sick, sick.

Give me a break. "OH GOD NO SUMMERTIME I'M GONNA CRY NOW." Get over it. They're working to bring you a new album and you have to set these standards and have these expectations otherwise you're going to lose hope and you have cut-off dates and limited appreciation for Linkin Park. It's sick, I tell you. Sick.

It makes me so upset to think that there are fans who just don't have patience anymore. Guys, it's not that far away. Before you know it, the album is going to be out. Doesn't matter whether it's in April, May, June, or July, or even fucking August. It's going to be out this year. And you're not satisfied with that? I can't believe you. I'm more than satisfied with that. Transformers is coming out in July. Sure, I'd rather it come out now but it's not like I'm complaining about it's release. When it comes out, I'll see it. And that's how it's going to be.

I'm sorry if I come off as a jerk, but suck it up. Seriously.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I don't think it was Rob either.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Maybe us "fans" are sick and tired of having fake release dates and false information thrown at us. Being in that chat yesterday made me realize that. It's an LPU chat and the people that were in it were getting the same rehersed bullshit answers from Rob (if that really was him. -__-). Nothing new really came out of it. It was really pathetic.

I am not sorry for complaining since there is something legit to complain about. The band really needs to open their eyes a little more because what I saw in that chat yesterday made me disgusted.

I don't mind waiting for the album so much, I just wanted some new info on it. Apparently that is a crime. :rolleyes:

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

That's the thing though, Rob has always been informitive in his chats and gave us new info. That is why I agree with Derek and believe that Rob wasn't in that chat.

I mean, he answered a question about his muscles but couldn't answer a question regarding the album? That's not Rob.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I know! I was stunned and that basically was a dead giveaway that it really wasn't him.

Honestly, does this album deserve Fort Knox security? Unbelievable.

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

"rob" answered about a drum solo, but couldnt give information about a guitar solo? i think he did listen to the songs while mixing them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.