Rick Rubin Says Linkin Park Are "Really Re-inventing Themselves"

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

the LP news is a rollercoaster with me..... they announce a new CD is coming, I am excited.... they say their sound is gonna change... i'm low again..... they say more screaming, but it should be the same ol LP... I am excited again, they say their sound has been influenced by older bands that I don't care for (that's my opinion, no need to jump me), i'm low again..... I hear QWERTY/Announcement Service Public, i'm high again.....they announce it's basically being pushed back further and further, i'm falling..... then we hear about tour dates and the single in march, woooo!!! then the latest downhill for me is rick rubin saying that LP reinvented themselves and are really progressing (hopefully not progressive rock) and it's blowing his/their mind, which more than likely means no raprock/numetal sound at all.

I'm sorry, but I love numetal and I hope that all this news and information is just talk and that they won't stray TOO far away from their "roots" with the rap/rock. If they follow the same progession say as Three Days Grace did, we are in for one hell of an awesome CD, IMO.

sorry for the long "rant", but if I don't let it out, I'll explode

here's hoping to an amazing new record... SOON :lol:

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Bad for you, but great for the other 98% of the forums who wants to hear something different.

Detri

Detri Well-Known Member

Nu-metal is officially dead.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

well i actually dunno how to react to this news. the first single is set to come out next month and we dont even know the album name/song title....and here we have Mr. Rubin giving no REAL information...great!

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

It's been dead for a while. :lol:

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

:lol: That's why all the bands that fronted the Nu-Metal scene have now changed their style.

For example: Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit, and now Linkin Park

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I think Nu-Metal was good while it lasted but the constant speculation that Nu-Metal artists didn't write their own songs etc. forced bands to move on and eventualy kill it off. Its a shame because from around 2000-2003 there was some killer music going around.

But staying on topic...I wonder how many times LP and people associated with LP are gonna say they've gone for a completly different sound. I'm anticipating this album greatly however too much change in music can be bad.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I don't know....it seems like Linkin Park were mentioning a fairly new sound with Meteora, and we know what happened there.

We might not see as great a departure as we think. I expect a couple more "Breaking the Habit" styled tracks in terms of uniqueness, and the rest of them only being as "new" as something like QWERTY was.

ECU Tekkie

ECU Tekkie Well-Known Member

Linkin Park's promotion of this album has become nothing more than a joke. I can't stand all of this freaking useless information. I don't care what Rob said about the album, or what Rick Rubin says about LP's new direction, or even what Phoenix said in December about the album's progress. I and I think everybody else want concrete information...an album title, a tracklisting, and a freakin' release date! LP is really disappointing me.

John

John LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

This cd will never come out, book it.

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

just being a smartass to whoever said LP could retire now if they wanted. technically they're still under contract w/ WB for a few more albums after this one unless i'm mistaken. i dunno if that changed w/ the whole fight and stuff they had w/ them last year or not though.

also, gotta remember to be patient on this album. remember that fight w/ WB pushed this album along even further. that's a big reason why it's been delayed so much. i'd have to say if that didn't happen this album really may have been out last fall sometime, maybe early winter [november-ish]. so that's another reason we have to remember why this is taking so long. good things are worth waiting for though and just gotta stick it out until we get the new single, which will be a nice relief. i'm sure it's going to kick ass. i'm 99% sure that LP's 'new sound' isn't going to be too drastic, but enough to be making us go "holy shit" as in that's awesome and not that it sucks. patiently waiting..... [until my brain pops haha]

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

They could just do crap like release a greatest hits, another remix album, etc. I'm pretty sure those all count as releases. They could crap out something pathetic if they wanted to get off of the contract.

linkinparkgirl_6

linkinparkgirl_6 Active Member

well, we have to wait new album....
    I can't wait to see new video....
    god know's what joe will do this time...
    i have good picture of mike....look this

[​IMG]

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Heh.

LP's 3rd album = Chinese Democracy.

John

John LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

hahahahahaha i know!

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

Don't get my hopes up. I'm just as down for that as anybody else. I think its a long shot...I hope I'm wrong.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

If it sounds anything like what they did with QWERTY then it's not going to sound much different at all. Seriously, QWERTY was just Linkin Park again.

But, of course, they say that's nothing like it. I'm seriously wondering how they can do anything that's not rap/rock with Mike and Chester doing lead vocals. Mike can't really sing... Chester would be doing everything. Are they going to reduce Mike's parts in everything? Is he going to spend more time producing and writing the music instead of actually doing vocals for the album? I'm really curious as to how this will all work out.

I hope it doesn't turn out that Mike ends up having one line shouted in the background of the chorus. I enjoy Mike's raps, and I hope they're still a strong part of every song.

-x-ecks-x-

-x-ecks-x- Well-Known Member

What!?

Mike can sing. Have you heard Live in Texas? or ASP?

culdadoo

culdadoo Member

well yes mike can sing a little. but not like a real singer like chester. but i hope mike don't stop raping because that would be crazy.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Yes, did you hear when we got leaks of his mic from those couple concerts a while back? He sounded really bad. He can't sing. Just because he sounds good once on a song I'm sure he practiced for, I don't believe that he'd be up for singing a whole album. Mike is a rapper, not a singer.

An example: Eminem can't really sing, even though he has done a few chorus' where he sings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.