Real Fort Minor tracks

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by lief92, Mar 8, 2007.

lief92

lief92 Well-Known Member

i've recently found a few songs from we major mixtape, but there are a few that i've found two versions of. so if you can help please tell me which is the real one.

Dolla v1-at the start of the track, a person screams "come on!" and the track starts.
    Dolla v2-at the start of the track, it sounds like an old man who says, "this is how you stand up to the rising tied".

Bloc Party-the start of the first verse gets repeated in a dj backtrack effect.

Spraypaint and Ink Pens-at the start of the track, someone (possible DJ Green) says "this is an invasion". Also, most of the tracks include The same sound bite of him saying "this is an invasion".

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

The first version of Dolla you speak of was on the Fort Minor Sampler Mixtape. The second version was on the Fort Minor: We Major mixtape.

The version of Bloc Party is on the Fort Minor: We Major mixtape.

Spraypaint & Ink Pens is on the Fort Minor: We Major mixtape.

Hope that helps.

lief92

lief92 Well-Known Member

yes thanks, that really helps. now with the back track effects, is there a version WITHOUT the backtrack, because it really puts me off. also, the 7th track is meant to be bleach, but it's only 100kbs and it features some guy singing "hey joe". lol. i've gotta get the proper track.

on a different note, since the mixtape can be downloaded for free, is asking for mp3s of this mixtape still against the rules. now, get this straight, i'm not asking for them. i don't want to challenge the powers of the mighty admins and moderators.:p

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

If "it is free," it shouldn't be hard to find and you shouldn't have to ask.

And I can't believe you don't know Jimi Hendrix...

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

That some guy is a legend called Jimi Hendrix. You may have heard of him.

Also what's up with the sarcasm? If you want to be taken seriously around here it's not a good idea to patronise the staff. ;)

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Yeah, Track 7 (Bleach remix) was a bad rip from the CD on many of the first leaks of the mixtape and ended up only being like 2 seconds long.

The Sampler Mixtape (given to the FMST to promote with) features alternate versions of Dolla, Get It, Remember the Name, Petrified, and an Intro done by Cheapshot that was exclusive to that sampler.

There's a regular version and demo version of Spraypaint and Ink Pens, the demo (without Green Lantern saying "This is an invasion" at the start and without the transition into the next track) was leaked by Lupe Fiasco on his mixtape site a little while before the rest of We Major leaked.

There is also a Limited Edition of We Major (different artwork, was only given out at Joe Hahn's Suru store in L.A.) that apparently doesn't have any of the rewinds that the regular pressing does, but I've been unable to get ahold of one to confirm this. Either way, there are fan-edited versions of the mixtape that remove the rewinds, in fact I've done some myself.

lief92

lief92 Well-Known Member

well, the first part has been answered eg: bad rip. and the only reason i'm patronising the staff is that i was told off many times for something innocent lile asking which album can i find a song. doesn't that sound a little unfair to you?

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

The rule is there to ensure we do not get blamed for any illegal file sharing done through our website. ;) It'd done as a precautionary measure and we make sure we do our jobs as moderators to make sure people follow the rules.

lief92

lief92 Well-Known Member

ok, before this evolves into anything more serious, i've got a few more questions.

Remember the name- we major, track17, at the very end when he goes through the chorus, and he gets up to "remember the name" is the music meant to drop out completely?

Petrified-again we major, track 18, does it end in a break down effect?

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Yes and yes.

lief92

lief92 Well-Known Member

thanks and thanks.
    i think that people in this forum are really helpful. this is also one of my first threads started without being shut down or simply ignored. i had a hard time fitting in, but it was really worth it. i feel honoured to be part of this community.

Jacen

Jacen Well-Known Member

I recently just got two songs by Fort Minor...at least the title says so.

Strange Things
    Tools of The Trade

both of these songs I recognise Mikes voice and I'm pretty sure its him...But none of these songs are on the Album or Mixtape is it real? maybe an exclusive track or something?

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

they are 2 of I believe 5(? someone with the official number will chime in) exclusive tracks that were released at the Fort Minor Militia. they were supposed to be member only tracks, but with the internet today, they were spread everywhere, even to people who didn't sign up for the FMM.

lief92

lief92 Well-Known Member

well, i know of 2 more, "do what we did" and "spell it out". i think it's correct.

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

"Do What We Did" was an official Fort Minor Militia track but "Spell it Out" is not. "Spell It Out" is simply an instrumental beat from the Handsome Boy Modelling School track "Rock and Roll (Could Never Hip-Hop Like That) Part 2." [With Mike and Chester in and also DJ Jazzy J & Grand Wizard Theodore] With Mike's vocals from a rap he did on the Wake Up Show put over it. And also Mike's verse from the aforementioned "Rock and Roll part 2."

Ahh, useless trivia.

[A.W.]

[A.W.] Active Member

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
    JaySinkie

JaySinkie Active Member

Spell It Out takes Mike's verse from the Handsome Boy Modeling School song Rock And Roll (Could Never Hip-Hop Like This) Part 2, and adds one of the theme songs for the character Cell from the anime series Dragonball Z.

Those are indeed Fort Minor Militia tracks - two of a total of 8 fan-exclusive tracks.
    Here's the full list ::
    *Do What We Did (feat. Styles Of Beyond)
    *Kenji (Interview Version)
    *Tools of the Trade (feat. Styles Of Beyond & Celph Titled)
    *Where'd You Joe? (remix of Where'd You Go by Mr. Hahn)
    *Strange Things
    *Believe Me (Club Remix) (remix by Mike Shinoda)
    *Start It All Up
    *Move On

I have the Limited Edition of We Major - it's mixed exactly the same as the original (transitions/shout-outs, etc.), but it's been remastered for better sound quality. Other than that and the packaging, the flow/content of the disc is exactly the same.

There are also official versions of Dolla, Spraypaint & Inkpens, S.C.O.M., and Get It that do NOT have any of the transitions/shout-outs. There are also official clean/edited and instrumental versions of those 4 We Major tracks that were released on a rare double-vinyl, as well as digitally.

Just to clarify, here's are all of the versions of the We Major tracks (unless something slips my mind) ::

*We Major (original 2005 release)
    *We Major - Limited Edition (re-release in 2006, remastered, new packaging/artwork)

*We Major EP (street vinyl release by DJ Green Lantern, 2005)
    01. Spraypaint & Ink Pens - Clean
    02. Spraypaint & Ink Pens - Dirty
    03. Nobody's Listening (Green Lantern Remix) - Dirty
    04. Nobody's Listening (Green Lantern Remix) - Clean
    05. S.C.O.M. - Dirty
    06. S.C.O.M. - Clean
    07. There They Go (Green Lantern Remix) - Dirty
    08. There They Go (Green Lantern Remix) - Clean

*S.C.O.M. / Dolla / Get It / Spraypaint & Inkpens (double-vinyl record/digital release, 2006)
    01. S.C.O.M. (Explicit)
    02. S.C.O.M. (Edited)
    03. S.C.O.M. (Instrumental)
    04. Dolla (Explicit)
    05. Dolla (Edited)
    06. Dolla (Instrumental)
    07. Get It (Explicit)
    08. Get It (Edited)
    09. Get It (Instrumental)
    10. Spraypaint & Ink Pens (Explicit)
    11. Spraypaint & Ink Pens (Edited)
    12. Spraypaint & Ink Pens (Instrumental)

*Fort Minor: Sampler Mixtape (mixed by DJ Cheapshot)

*The Gatalog: A Collection of Chaos (a 4-disc compilation album of Celph Titled's work, 2006)
    **S.C.O.M.
    **All Night
    **Cover & Duck

*The Gatalog: A Collection of Chaos (Instrumentals) (a 4-disc instrumental version of the above, 2010)
    **S.C.O.M. (Instrumental)
    **All Night (Instrumental)
    **Cover & Duck (Instrumental)

*Lupe's Demo of Spraypaint & Inkpens.

That's legit - I uploaded it years ago.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
    [A.W.]

[A.W.] Active Member

Thanks Man.