What Has Verizon Done? Clip of Single Surfaces

Discussion in 'News' started by Andrea, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

SOOOOOOOOO... how about that torrent leak of the album? :lol:

2. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

zomg best ablum EVAR!!!11one!!

3. HurQlez03

HurQlez03 Well-Known Member

I am worried for Joe Hahn. I remember when POD had a dj, but then he faded out.

I know LP do not want to be labeled but some things should remain. Hopefully it will be like Incubus where the dj is still useful throughout their changes.

4. erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

Why are you here?

5. Minus

Well, it's true. :lol:

I mean seriously. I want to heal, I want to feel, like I'm close to something real? I wrote those lyrics in kindergarten.

But at least it isn't blatant pre-K rhyming in this little clip... but then again as everyone has thus pointed out, it's still only 30 seconds... they still have room to fuck it up. :lol:

6. Haputiku

Haputiku Active Member

I'm super excited about this. Cannot wait to hear the whole song since the chorus sounds amazing, and choruses haven't always been my favourite parts of LPs songs. May 14th, come on! .D

7. Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

I agree. Hahn has always been my fav. His samples and scratches have seamed the songs together, adding that final touch to make it perfect.

8. darkhelixz

darkhelixz Member

Minutes to Midnight

It is a short clip but already you can hear it's a bit different.Stripped down, no doubled vocals because indeed Chester Bennington has the voice for it.I think qwerty was meant to jar our heads a bit in a direction that this lp is not going to sound the same.I don't think by any means was it showing a heavier direction.There is rapping on the cd.They say that it just doesn't sound like rap rock or nu metal when they do it.So far I have to say based on this small clip and listening to it, this is a beautiful song.The sound of it.Even though it is a lite song, it is powerful.You can feel it scream linkin park.I think with this album linkin park are showing it was always deeper then the Nu metal format.Because to me they showed strong song writing in breaking the habit and easier to run.Then again they also showed strong writing in lying form you and hit the floor.When I say writing I don't mean just lyrics.A reason I think they liked the idea of a stripped down song atleast from what I hear so is that Linkin Park hads gotten alot of flack from critics claiming there voices are digitized and Chester can't really scream or sing for that matter.(critics obvioulsy haven't been to an lp show)It's kinda like them saying, now what?!Also I'm sure that critics pushed them in a direction they were going to go anyway because youu can hear it in Meteora that they were headed in a different direction.Chesters Voice is beautiful in this clip, seriously.I think this album is going to have a very wide spectrum of sound.I think you will hear really heavy songs and you will hear really light songs and in between.All that vary from eachother with different meanings.Once I hear the album is leaked i will download it.But I will support them by buying it in stores aswell.You can hear that they put in a lot of work even though it is such a short clip.If they can deliver the same essence of linkin park,which is to me deep, open interepretation for songs, and raw emotion with this new format than I am all for it.I myself always loved linkin park for meaning and not just heavy or light riffs and arragements.I'm satisfied with this clip.But of course I will love to hear a heavy song as well.May 15th cop the album
    www.myspace.com/queenscommonwealth

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  9. erasethepain

HP EP lyrics = good. ANd most of HT.

10. Minus

Not disagreeing or agreeing, but that's your opinion. Just because the person you quoted stated their opinion that LP's lyrics suck (which at times can be both true and false) doesn't allow you to question "why are you here?"

We're all LP fans and we still give them criticism. They're just like any other band, just because it's LPA doesn't mean we automatically go OMFG ITS LINKIN PARK SO KICKASS.

11. EazyLee

EazyLee Well-Known Member

maybe itll b like breaking the habit, the choruses r pretty soft, but then gets a burst of chesters voice towards the end?

12. erasethepain

can't understand why you would say that when 95% of lp's fans are fans because of the lyrics.

13. EazyLee

EazyLee Well-Known Member

was dat directed at me? if it is, i like Linkin Park for their sound lyrics and especially Chester. Im not gonna comment on this new clip, but i like it just as much as any of their other songs

14. laurens

laurens Well-Known Member

Its a really cool sample! :D
    But it feels kinda uhm weird that we hear it through a ringtone site :blink:

15. Pinkin.Lark

Pinkin.Lark Well-Known Member

If the whole album is like that 30 second clip, I'm not going to bother with it.

Still hoping for some heavier songs.

16. dragon ninja

dragon ninja Well-Known Member

I'm in the other 5%.

17. laurens

laurens Well-Known Member

Me too!
    When I first listened to LP I wasn't good at English...
    I didnt knew what they were saying just some words, but I liked their style :D
    But thats not where this thread is about so I stop now
    >_<

18. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

95% of LP's fans were fans because of the lyrics when they were 13-15.

Don't get me wrong, the band has some great lyrics (see; Hybrid Theory EP, Crawling, Pushing Me Away, Forgotten, A Place For My Head, Breaking The Habit, etc), but they've been privy to write some pretty over-angsty and lame lyrics (Don't Stay, One Step Closer, Somewhere I Belong, Hit The Floor, etc).

Alot of us have grown up and still like the band, but not for the same reasons.

19. dragon ninja

dragon ninja Well-Known Member

^ Hit the nail on the head.

20. Pinkin.Lark

Pinkin.Lark Well-Known Member

I'm starting to dislike LP. They have changed too much over the years. I loved them back in 2001, when they were know as "those metal kids, that scream too much", to Meteora where they became known for slow rock with the "emo lyrics".

Who knows what this album is to bring. I'm hoping for a heavy, stripped down raw sound, something similar to Metallica, or AC/DC.... But I highly doubt that will happen :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.