Windows Live Messenger...

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Joeykat, Mar 21, 2007.

Joeykat

Joeykat Forever watching...

Windows Live Messenger has been annoying a lot recently. It just decides not to work when nothing is wrong at all.. Like most nights for example, it kicks me off at 7.41pm exactly and then sometimes logs back in straight away whilst other nights it will not log me on until near enough 11pm.

I troubleshoot nearly all the times ti doesn't work and it finds nothing wrong so I'm left bummed and really irate as to why it won't log me in. All I can say is, good job I left Windows Messenger installed even though lastnight it kept kicking me off every 10minutes or so.

I just want to know if anyone else is having similar problems with Windows Live Messenger. Just so I don't feel like a minority here :(

PS. It also wont log me on for a while after I boot up my PC.. Really irritating. >.<

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

The "troubleshoot" option is a load of shit - - even when everyone else can't log in, it still says "all systems running and stable". Hahahaha. Of course they're stable, just not for you, or anyone else who's trying to get into the damn thing.

I'm getting the same problems too, so you're not alone. Oh, and have you noticed that the latest release of WLM (8.1 I believe) crashes a lot? >_<

Joeykat

Good to know that I'm not the only one.... And yes I have noticed that the latest release does tend to crash a lot>_<

It has done it again.. not at 7.41pm though because I was out.. Kicked me off at 21.55pm.. No reason behind it jsut has and now it won't let me log back on for the life of me! 'service temporarily unavailable' pft...

Tomi

Tomi &nbsp; LPA Addict

I swear I must get some kind of special treatment being a Butterfly and all, as I never get these problems, otherwise I would have reported them long ago during the beta... Oo

Have you checked your hosts file, perhaps your firewall [if applicable], maybe your router. Another possibility is that there could be a virus on your computer that's messing with your connection, but I kinda doubt that.

Do you get any error codes, or is it always the unavailable error?

Joeykat

I get error codes... mainly the one in the other wlm thread thingy...

no virus.. host file is fine (not been tampered with at all)

It is touch and go... But im getting used to it :)

Tomi

Tomi &nbsp; LPA Addict

If you're experiencing server problems, then you should really opt into the customer experience program, as it helps the WLM team pinpoint any problems easier. It's not reporting any personal stuff, just any connection problems, as in if you can't sign in, or if a message doesn't get send -- those kinda things. Since not that many people haven't signed up [paranoia ftw...], it takes longer for the WLM team to notice this kinda of stuff, so if more people opted in, then problems would get fixed faster. Everyone can help, Butterfly (like myself) or not.