"WOW!" Tracklisting!

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

Have you seen some of the posts here?

On topic, I still think it's a little fishy list, but at this point, 12 songs is fine with me, considering most will finally be over 3:15.

2. darkhelixz

darkhelixz Member

If this is the list, I can't wait to see what Valentines day is about.Anyone see a political hint within the title?lol Me either.We'll just have to see.I have a feeling bleed it out will be heavy.I just can't wait to here the album.also, the little things gice you away seems appropriate as an ending.I have a feeling that this album is going to rock the charts because evey one who has heard it so far is shocked.They played mad different instruments for this album.The songs on the album probly made everyone forget about qweerty lol.it was a cool song but that's it.Linkin Park usually produce more then just cool songs,there songs are ice cold.

3. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Usually would be the key word, haha. *coughMeteoracough*

Probably the worst thing about LP trying out new sounds is that you have the people who love the new sound and those who hate it. Then they get on LPA and bash on each other. :lol:

Personally I think it's best for the whole community if NOTHING leaks until, well, ever. Because then we'll get craziness after some new clip or the radio rip of the single or whatnot. But I guess that's what the new moderation rule is for.

I can definitely see some sort of political tint in the album though... the idea of the Doomsday Clock can have so much implied meaning... although the band has stated that it is in relation to their sound, it could be more.

I mean, if NIN can go somewhat political, why can't LP?

4. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I hope you're not saying that Meteora was totally worthless

-EDIT-

shit i just went off topic:shifty:! sorry my bad ;)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  5. P.D.

P.D. Well-Known Member

Here's the new:

Wake
    Given Up
    Leave Out All The Rest
    Bleed It Out
    Shadow Of The Day
    What I've Done
    Hands Held High
    No More Sorrow
    Valentine's Day
    In Between
    In Pieces
    The Little Things Give You Away
    DVD:
    Details To Be Advised

Nothing is confirmed yet, huu??

6. The_Bing_Bing_Wizard

The_Bing_Bing_Wizard Active Member

I only want LP to be themselves, nothing would look worse then unnatural changes.

7. general41391

general41391 Well-Known Member

This album should be AT LEAST 60 minutes.

8. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

i think it will be around 60 minutes. I f each song is around 4 minutes it should be close to 60

9. general41391

It just really bothers me that in 4 years they are giving us a short album?...(just speaking, of course it is not confirmed)...like in four years you can't make an 80 minute album? They recorded well over 100 songs, I'm sure it isn't hard to pick 16 songs out of that. Don't tell me they aren't "album worthy"...of course maybe not every is, but there is way more than 12 album worthy songs.

10. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

they want an album that people will remember. If they have 3 filler tracks that are not as good as "little things" or "what ive done", then it shouldn't be on the album, the album wont seem great, thus it won't be remembered. Its all about flow.

11. general41391

Can't they flow to 60 minutes? ^_^

12. chaosblade

chaosblade Well-Known Member

It's rather hard to make a long album that works together all along without losing the listeners attention mid-while.

13. Joeykat

Joeykat Forever watching...

Just go with the flow ^_^

14. Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

I'm pretty sure it'll be no more than 45 minutes in legnth.

15. Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I agree with you. I think that'll be almost the exact length, but I really can't see it being much shorter.

16. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

This disappoints me.

Want after want, it seems to be. It's okay to hope for a change of style on an album, and it's okay to hope for certain things like, for example, for the album to be around an hour long.

But the fact is, you guys make it seem like if the album isn't at least an hour long, the album is going to suck and it's not going to be worth it. If I remember correctly, the main thing everybody was concerned about was the style. People wanted a new style from Linkin Park. After Meteora, people were disappointed and wanted something new and fresh.

Chances are, that's what you're going to get . You should be happy about that. That's, moreover, what I'm excited about.

Now everyone wants an album at least an hour long. That's okay. But like I said, you make it sound like it won't be worth it if it isn't. Someone said earlier that it's tough to keep someone's attention for that long. He/she is absolutely right. The album has to be absolutely amazing to be an hour long and for the listener to love it the whole way through.

We know for sure that the album will automatically be at least half of an hour. I doubt it will be under 45 minutes, though. I think it'll be almost an hour. I don't think it'll be more than that.

Either way, it doesn't worry me. If the album has good songs on it, long or short, then I will be satisfied. Linkin Park has worked hard and all you guys seem to be is picky about time and style and all of these things. Chill out and just look forward to a new album with a change of style and don't spend all of your time thinking that short album = bad album. Think positive and have some hope and faith and confidence for Linkin Park's new album.

17. Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Well said.

18. Joeykat

All I want is quality and not quantity *nod*

and Louis.. well said :)

19. Joeykat

If there is a DVD special edition, won't it be released at a later date like they did with meteora?? If so, that'll suck.

20. chaosblade

chaosblade Well-Known Member

While i agree, Louis, I do believe dedicated fans deserve a longer album this time around, Definitely if they want to show their new style better, While giving enough material to judge by.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.