What I've Done - Fully Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Hahninator, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shockwave

shockwave Well-Known Member

the KROQ site is saying they will be playing it tommorow morning...

2. general41391

general41391 Well-Known Member

Seems like Warner Bros. is going ape on the web sites holding the flowerspy radio-rip of WID. So far, from what I've read, these sites are being attacked with legal notices such as this...

http://hahninator.sotrix.net/lpa/legal2.txt

Sites being threatened (as of now) are as follows...

www.curefortheitch.com
    www.linkinpark.cl <- Original host of WID
    www.lpassociation.com

...and the list will probably keep growing. Hell, there's probably way more than that...

Just some interesting news to lay out to everyone. It's not UNCOMMON news, just news. :D

3. NeoMan5

NeoMan5 Active Member

Hey everyone. i just registered to the forums, but ive been a long time reader.
    I really enjoy WID. Its different , but i think in a good way. They said that this album was gonna be different, and by the way this song sounds, i have really high hopes that the album is gonna be good. As for it being the first single, as many people have said, i think it will do exactly what a first single should do. its catchy (or at least i think it is) so that will give it a lot of airtime, which will create more publicity for the single and the band.
    personally, i love the song, and its def. "wet my whistle" for the album

PS. love the site, its great. and the graphics you have are awesome

4. Nosferatu

Nosferatu Well-Known Member

they said they're having the members on to talk about it...you think they might play it earlier though at midnight tonight instead?

5. danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

Im really sad .... we [linkinparkchile] got our site closed ... because Warner Music petition. I'm really sad .... but well , I'm sure thousands of LP fans are enjoying what WE'VE done ... so .. that makes me a lil bit happy too ...

6. Tomi

Tomi &nbsp; LPA Addict

Although you had to suffer your site getting closed down, thank you. :)

7. lachina128

lachina128 Well-Known Member

Thank you sooo much your efforts are very much appreciated.....as for WID albeit a bit short.....at least the version i heard.....I'm liking the direction they've taken....maybe not everyone may like it......some of the reviews around the net aren't exactly very positive...my opinion....maturity, melody, and rawness are reflected on this song and i'm lovin it. As for not hearing Mike on the song...yes a bit disappointed about that but hopefully when we do hear him on the new album it will be on a song even better than WID....and that's my 2 cents ;) Can't wait to download WID tomorrow on itunes :D so excited!! correction gotta wait till Tuesday for itunes :(

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  8. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

As far as the song goes...it didn't even remotely come close to living up to any hype they built up for the CD as a whole. Yes, I am aware it is one song and it'd be wrong to base the CD on one song, so I'm not...but my anticipation level just dropped about 50%.

To me, the song seems VERY bland and boring and it really does nothing for me. Chester seems extremely bored with the way he's singing the song and the instrumental got very repetitive. I dunno...I don't really like it and I was so excited to hear it.

9. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

We were never threatened nor contacted by Warner. I feel extremely bad for LP Chile and CFTI, but I would like to stress that we were never closed down once or even threatened during this time. Probably since we were down since all of last night and had the song down by the time we got back up to avoid any action from Warner.

10. LPLifeFan

LPLifeFan Well-Known Member

Man, I missed it!!

11. Nosferatu

Nosferatu Well-Known Member

I appreciate it but honestly what did you expect?

I know for sure if I had the song :lol: I'd be glad to spread it but the last thing I'd do is "toot my horn" saying I've got it. It's like prancing around on a live mine field. You're going to get hit. :(

If it were me I would have threw it on alt.binaries/IRC (which it is on there now anyways) and then come back on here and post "hey I found the song" or start a torrent and seed up at one of those free "wifi" spots so it's not traceable back to you. Now with site policy that's impossible now but are ya catching my drift?

..but hey that's me and once again thanks for the leak. :) I'll be snagging this on CD in May. :)

12. AVCP333

AVCP333 Member

today was an eventful day. i woke up, checked the lpa, downlnaded WID, and now its caused a big issue for a bunch of lp sites. oh well for them. i enjoyed it.

13. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

I know for sure there are some haters who hate this song, but I, for one love it! It's very catchy..i hope there are others here who also like it atleast a little..lol.

14. Tomi

Tomi &nbsp; LPA Addict

It's already on some trackers. ;)

15. xEuphoric_Silencex

xEuphoric_Silencex Member

I definately love "What I've Done"...and I agree...its extremely catchy lol. No rapping :(, but this song didnt need it. I just hope they dont stray too far from their previous music. Im keeping a very open mind for this album, since it seems like its gonna be very different, but I hope it will still have some of the same aspects theyve always had, like mikes rapping verses with chesters screaming choruses for example. Either way, Minutes 2 Midnight is gonna be incredible after hearin this! Cant wait!

<05/15/07>

16. Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

Hey, we love you man and we really appreciate what you did. curefortheitch.com, my site, got closed too. Everyone knows LP Chile got the song for the community, everyone loves you guys.

Try to come back soon. Fuck Warner in the ass...you guys did great. Cheer up, at least we all really like you. Hell, you got the song for us! :)

Take care. Come to LPA for a while and hangout, we're friendly ;)

Thanks a bunch.

And I know, there has to be a fucking ton of people that agree with me 100%. I think I speak on the behalf of everyone when I say this.

17. Mel

Mel Well-Known Member

You know what...I'm going to wait till tomorrow to listen to it. My finger wants to click on the youtube links so bad...but no I'm going to wait till they air it tomorrow mourning on KROQ, I know its going to be worth it when I finally listen to it.

18. wookiebastard

wookiebastard Member

what? where did you took that 320 kbps version from?...

...and may WB burn in hell, they pretend they're in control...

19. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Please don't ask where to find mp3s.

20. linkin park 101

linkin park 101 Shhh! If You're Quiet I'll Show You A Dinosaur

sorry i included something about you tube and Linkin Park

btw the song kicks major ass

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.