"What I've Done" Music Video to Premiere Next Week?

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joeykat

Joeykat Forever watching...

All the full versions of the song and official music videos have been deleted off there, I know because I have just searched it...

Warner Bros take all the fun out of Linkin Park..... Party Poopers

Version One

Version One Well-Known Member

^ not true, they're still up (if i'm not allowed to talk about this, my apologies). saw it this morning and checked now they're still up.

666Liam666

666Liam666 Active Member

Yeah theres a few versions up on youtube =]

Steve

Steve Active Member

What does everyone think of the video then? I just watched it on youtube, I think it's actually really crap, doesn't look like much effort went into it at all, I'm really disappointed, not up to the standards of all other LP videos :(

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

You've obviously never heard of the concept of symbolism.

This is their most well-thought out and concientious video they've made. They tackle real issues.

Steve

Steve Active Member

Na, I see the symbolism in it, I just don't think they really convey the ideas very well at all... It just seems a mess to me, perhaps not helped by the fact the sound wasn't properly lined up on the version I was watching. I think it jumps around too much and too quickly, which doesn't really fit with the song in my opinion.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

As Tomi said last night, "what issues didn't they tackle"?

The video is meant to show the destructiveness of society. Thus, the doomsday clock references with the gears and cogs and whatnot. They fit as many catastrophic and troubling events as they could between performance clips (which were really cool-looking at that). I don't see how it's a mess, everything is linked.

I can't remember the last time I watched a music video so frequently. And I wasn't even interested in this band anymore until the new single came out.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I think the problem most people have with that is that Linkin Park has never been a political band, and most people would have agreed that they would have never thought that Linkin Park would begin tackling issues on the political side of the spectrum.

I'm all for their changing styles and all that, but I really do think they're overdoing it. I think they could've made a better video had they actually had actors portray the various situations, rather than just to use stock footage of events that everyone's already seen countless times.

Before I read that Mr. Hahn directed it, I thought that someone else outside of the band had directed the video, and that that was the reason for the completely different concept for the video.

Don't get me wrong, the video looks really nice and the concept is well-done. But for Linkin Park, I just don't see it fitting with their other videos.

Then again, maybe I'm one of those people I used to bash all the time. You know, the kind of person who finds it hard to cope with any change a favorite band of theirs makes. Not that they're my favorite band anymore by any stretch of the imagination, but I guess I'm not coping with this change very well. :lol:

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

just because they tackle political issues does not make them a political band. at the drive-in tackeled political issues, yet they weren't a political band. incubus tackeled political issues, yet they weren't a political band (technically).

just sayin'...

Joeykat

Joeykat Forever watching...

Chester has his mohawk back!

I love the video, tis very political *nods*

666Liam666

666Liam666 Active Member

I think the video owns, and i know im not the only one

Sell_Out_Boy

Sell_Out_Boy Member

It's a cool video, personally. I reckon it might attract some Green Day fans who liked American Idiot.

Arhaz

Arhaz ...waiting. LPA Super Member

i can't seem to find the video on you tube, can someone give me a link? i used the LPA link in the front page, put it's not coming..

got it!!
    accck!!!
    wow.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
    Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I loved the video and it actually made the song better for me. I stated my opinion on the song upon first listen but my view on it has changed since the video was released. At first, I found the song VERY bland...but once I saw Chester sing it, my view completely changed for some reason. Also, I listeed to the CDQ of it about 5-6 times in my car and I could truly hear everything about the instrumental. It's a big change and the video needed to reflect that change, which it did very well.

Although, I do feel like the images where flashing way too quickly.

Urantia Girl

Urantia Girl Well-Known Member

The video was alright to me, it looked a lot like Deftone's "Minerva" with the desert scenes and the camera angles. Not that I like Deftones or anything. Hopefully this video will pick up some lost LP fans along the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.