What iTunes Did: The Video is Up!

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

The video is awesome and I love the way the cameras swirl and pan around the band. Chester looks pretty cool in this also and Brad is rocking the funky afro. Top notch video.

2. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Someone should tell Chester he looks like a member of The Village People in the vid and that Mike looks like he's crying when he's doing the na na nas :lol:

3. Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

Lol @ Chester reference.

Maybe Mike was distraught that all he got to do in the song was the na na nas and felt like a moron. :D

4. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I thought the exact same thing about Chester. Not digging his threads at all in this video. :lol:

5. The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

In my opinion, Chester looks like he could be in The Matrix in this video.:lol:

Personally, I did not think that the video was that great. It was good, and definately more mature then thier previous videos, but I just did not think that it was amazing.

6. goodbyetonight

goodbyetonight Well-Known Member

This is the first thing related to the album that I didn't like. The video was way too political for my taste. Oh well.

7. Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

People are definitely going to call them fake for this video, I believe.

8. Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

Personally, i think the video is a bit rubbish. It's a little boring and too heavy on the politics for me. For a first video since...whatever their last one was, it could have been better. Far better.

9. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

It's not impossible at all. You have two vinyls and the sampler, it's definitely possible.

And going from keyboard to guitar so quickly for Mike... that'd be hard too. :lol:

10. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

If you listen to the song, the keyboard stops playing before the chorus comes in. I'm sure it's not a coincidence.

And I have no idea what you mean, "two vinyls and the sampler." Joe can't play the keyboard and scratch at the same time, since he almost always uses both hands to scratch.

I don't want to think about what else he'd be using to play that keyboard... :mellow:

11. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

He can scratch on one of the vinyl records, and the other record that's spinning (since, you know, on a turntable there are two spinning at the same time) he can scratch.

And on top of that he has the sampler that he uses for Numb.

And to me, it looks like Mike will be playing right when the guitars come in before the verse... so who knows? We'll have to wait to see them play live to see how everything works out instrumentation-wise.

The easiest way I can think of is if Mike plays keys and Chester takes up the guitar.

12. Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, and I do know Chester can play guitar, but has he ever played guitar live with Linkin Park? Except for when he's done The Morning After?

13. musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

you need to watch it a little closer. i think it's an excellent video pointing out serious real-life situations going on around the world, nothing really political about it. there's no George Bush bashing or anything about politics or government on this video. you didn't pay that much attention. i think it is one of their best videos they've done after watching it a few times. "Crawling" or "Numb" are two that probably beat it for me though.

14. Mel

Mel Well-Known Member

Amen! Finally saw the whole video and this blows all the other videos out of the water.

15. DHopper

DHopper Well-Known Member

I've seen him play live before. I'm pretty sure he played when they had "It's Going Down" on the set list? I'm not too sure about the song, but I've seen him play live before.

16. musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

You're absolutely right. If you have seen 'Frat Party...', Chester is playing on "It's Goin' Down". Not sure about any other songs though.

17. Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I don't remember that on Frat Party, but that'd be nice. I'd like to see them all playing an instrument. Usually I've just seen Chester holding a microphone. Maybe I just need to watch more live Linkin Park videos.

18. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

So, you're saying that he has to scratch with both hands, thus rendering him unable to play the keyboard? :lol:

19. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Ok, I'm an idiot for doubting this video this morning. :lol:

I finally watched the WHOLE THING this time around and it gave me goosebumps. The good kind of goosebumps. I never thought I'd see the day where Linkin Park would make a video like this. I commend them. ^_^

20. Nosferatu

Nosferatu Well-Known Member

those who took it as "too political" are overanalyzing it. Just take the song as face value...what i've (we've) done and where we could be going. That's all. They're not siding with anything IMO by the way it's portrayed but just showing what has been done and how they'd like to start afresh.

thank you...I'm with him. Showing what's going on in the world is not "political." Political is taking a side with something

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.