What iTunes Did: The Video is Up!

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

Sweet!

This time Chester isn't bald.

<_<

>_>

But I still perfer blonde hair.

2. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

He played on its goin down on collision course and I think i saw a video when he was playing on LFY live.

3. EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

About Mike and Joe and the multiple instruments: I remember Brad I think talking one time that while they were making the songs Mike would want to add more instruments and Brad would say something like "How are we going to play that live" and Mike would say "But it sounds awsome"...this I think is one of those instantces.

I think the piano will be a sample live presonally, but I can't wait to find out either way.

4. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

They did the same thing in BTH with the da da deh da on loop.

5. general41391

general41391 Well-Known Member

Caught the video on youtube. LOVE IT.

Hopefully tomorrow the single will begin EXPLOUDING.

Today was like a bonus download day.

I think by tomorrow end the song will go top 10 on itunes

and #1 by weeks end.

6. mis

mis Well-Known Member

So I finally saw the video, I thought it was great. I was trying to think of what thry could make the vidoe about to go with the lyrics of the song. I don't think the song was written to go with the video but the video was something that I think works really well with the lyrics. New fan wouldn't understand that LP are trying to "break some of their old habits" so it all makes sense. It's totally different from all their other videos but I thinks its different in a good way.

7. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

All the events depicted in the video are political events, or at least most of them are.

8. EdGreene

I think political commentary and social awareness are two different things. This seems more like social awareness.

9. musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

Again, I've already posted this a while back, but...it's a video pointing out serious real-life situations and problems going on around the world, nothing really political about it. There's no George Bush bashing or anything about politics or government on this video. So I still am not seeing how people are getting "political events" out of the video??

Exactly.

10. Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

Its social awareness. Political commentary or stance would be something like mocking President Bush as well as denoucing such and such. Its social awareness; its relatively more easy to define because the political issues brought to the video ranges ambigiously from war, famine to environment.

And this beats all the other videos done by Linkin Park.

11. Will

It's because the majority of the events depicted in the video were politically motived in some way or another, or were affected by politics in some way or another. It's easy to see. Sure, it's main goal was to be a social commentary, as EdGreene said, but it's still very politically-oriented.

12. EdGreene

I think one thing that makes it different is they didn't show anything people in general would disagree with. 9/11 was bad, people are fat, and penguins don't need oil spilled on them. I think everyone would agree with that, although I do see your valid point Will.

And so help me god if you say something bad about those penguins.^_^

13. Will

I like penguins.

I say it's politically-oriented because of a lot of the subject matter. For example, no one can say the references to Hitler aren't political. They're more humanitarian than political, but they're political.

14. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Well-Known Member

For those of you who are against the video (and by extension, I'm assuming any LP music) being political, let me ask you this: Why?

We all obviously have our opinions and our political beliefs, and I don't want to get into those. I'm just curious as to the reasoning as to why some of you object to using social commentary/historical events/political events in music and music videos.

15. The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

Does Anyone Know who directed the video?? hopefully mr.hahn? but it doesnt seem like his work...

16. mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

yeah Joe Hahn directed it. what are the other's he's directed?

17. musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

Do some research before you ask questions like this. YES, it's Mr. Hahn's work.

18. Will

It's my belief that bands shouldn't try to force any of their own beliefs upon others, which is essentially what most political bands try to achieve. The last Protest the Hero show I went to, the singer basically told anyone who likes Bush to "fuck off" and "get away from the stage."

I know not all bands are like that, but most just push the limit. And I know not all of them force their beliefs, but I don't need to hear about what the singer some band thinks of Richard Nixon when I'm trying to enjoy music.

19. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

What did you expect from a band whose name is "Protest the Hero"? I think it's quite obvious who the "hero" is in the title.

20. musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

he co-directed "Papercut", "Breaking the Habit", and "In the End"; he directed "Somewhere I Belong", "Numb", and of course WID. That is all the ones I know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.