ITunes Confirms CDWOW Tracklisting

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    xEuphoric_Silencex

xEuphoric_Silencex Member

Mike is only rapping in 2 songs? That's one of the main reasons why LP was so incredible in the first place. That's a part of who they are and why people love their style- there's nothing like it before...and if its true about only having rap in 2 songs, its going to disappoint ALOT of fans, including me. I really hope they dont end up going more generic, but when you put together all the info we've heard about the album so far, you cant help but wonder if that's really how its gonna turn out or not...dont let us down LP! youre f*ckin awesome!!!

NeoMan5

NeoMan5 Active Member

I was wondering the same thing, and it would be nice to know, cause i'd rather have the physical CD too

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Well, I think they used the term 'sing' loosely, it may signify a 'rap' too. So maybe Mike has a rap all to himself?

TreCool

TreCool Member

Credit/Deal on Itunes for WID?

Wasn’t there some sort of deal/announcement that if you purchased the WID single off of ITunes you received a credit if you pre-ordered the album? So if I want the single now, I’ll have two copies of WID if I preorder the album? Either way, I’ll be buying something when I get home t’night!
    Also, I’m assuming the secret Itunes tracks are ‘new’ and not Qwerty or a live track from HT, Rean or Meteora?
    Thanks in advance and lovin’ the new sound!
    -TreCool

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

I think we can expect more on the CD. But LP DID say that they have a totally new sound, but they also said that you can hear the LP essence in it. I think that they picked What I've Done to play it safe, and also give us a TOTALLY new taste of LP. I think the other songs on the cd will make us say "Oh, there's the linkin park sound that i know and love." ^_^

palingenesis

palingenesis Well-Known Member

as long as they don't totally trash the LP i have grown to love. i am all for new sound, i guess i am a little shocked to hear all this stuff.

Ant

Ant Ambient

My bet: they're just crappy different versions of songs on the album (live, demo, acoustic, something lame).

Arlene

I know what you mean, I mean, we've been listening to the same LP cd's for years now, and the new stuff is a bit of a schock to the system. but it makes it interesting, too. Haha, no matter what LP does im sure ill still really like them, im just kind of an obsessed freak like that, so yeah. :D

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I know everyone is saying that they're gonna be live tracks but I think they're going to be B-Sides/actual new tracks.

Fort Minor did it, why not LP?

palingenesis

palingenesis Well-Known Member

i'm sure if i here new material i'll feel better. but in the future when my kids are listening to lp i can be like: "I remember their first two albums came out...."

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

What's wrong with 12 songs? Some of my favourite albums have 12 songs or less. Actually, most albums have 12 or less?

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

well in one step closer mike only shouts in the backround and thats all, maybe they decided to use the same approach as they did with hybrid theory to well, sell i guess since that album was really succesful they want to emulate that success but as for the rapping i think we should still wait, i would be pretty dissapointed if mike's rapping was kept to a minimum

Arlene

Thats the thing, lol, Linkin Park is taking a totally new approach. They are staying away from what they have sounded like in their first 2 albums. Mike will be rapping in 2 songs, but Chester said (in the new interview on the home page of LPA) that Mike does a lot of harmony but also does some solo singing on the album. So LP is taking a new approach on their music, but they said they would have the root sound of linkin park that you will be able to hear, although they will sound very different. ^_^

viper00

viper00 New Member

12... it's only 12. I expected more... as band "promised". Hope it would be great tracks.

BTW yesterday I've found tracklist of new album and it was 14 + 4 bonus :blink:

"Hope is mother of fools" but that would make me smile if it was 14+4 or even 14, but not less than Metora with it's 13...

Grrrr... I just can't wait to get the hot CD into my hands :p

One more thing, why album will be released later in USA than in Europe?

chaosblade

chaosblade Well-Known Member

Most albums with 12 tracks aren't under 40 minutes though. Let's hope this one is a bit longer. Because if it ends up being still 40 minutes, take out six minutes for the 12th track, and that leaves us with 34 / 11 = slightly over 3 minutes per song. It's not something that LP hasn't done before.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

It's fake. Valentine's Day hasn't leaked. The clip going around is just an instrumental thing somebody made in Fruityloops.

Urantia Girl

Urantia Girl Well-Known Member

I don't mind the 12 track thing, but if it is 12 2:30 tracks like the old days then I will mind.

fordmoo

fordmoo Active Member

I'm actually not mad that the album is 12 songs. Most Cds have too many songs in my opinion and as a result arnt as great. Plus im sure the songs will be much longer this time around. i hate itunes so i wont be getting the bonus tracks i guess but its a small price to pay instead of getting everything digitally compacted, and plus ill probably be able to find them floating around on the net somewhere.

CureForTheSession

CureForTheSession Well-Known Member

Man, the explicit thing really bugs me. I mean, I understand if you want to cuss a few times, but usually, when you get an explicit label, there's more than a few f words, which I've always thought have been totally unnecessary. Take the song "Cigarettes" on The Rising Tied for example. In the explicit version, he says "I don't want the truth, I I wanna feel f***ing cool." In the clean version, he says "I don't want the truth, I just wanna feel cool." Why the heck do you need to throw that in there? If the album really is explicit, I hope they came up with some different (and not totally lame)) lyrics to replace them on the clean version, because I hate it when the words just stop for a moment.

I'm just annoyed.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Why even make that assumption when we have no idea how long the songs will be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.