Linkin Park: A Changed Act?

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Apr 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

"Politics, operatic bridges, profanity, leather jackets ... what's happened to Linkin Park? Going by appearances, it seems they're all grown up."

TodayOnline, having recently listened to Minutes to Midnight in Kuala Lumpur, posted an interesting read on their site. The following excerpts are key details from their publication:

- The new Linkin Park sound is one that is decidedly mature, mixing everything from opera and dance beats with a "pop" feel. "It was a conscious decision," said Bennington of the change in direction. "We didn't want to make the trilogy. We didn't want it to sound like (previous albums) Hybrid Theory or Meteora."

- The concluding track, 'The Little Things Give You Away,' is the band's response to how the authorities in the United States dealt with the Hurricane Katrina crisis in New Orleans, a disaster that Bennington said "shouldn't have happened." Hands Held High, however, is an anti-war anthem in which co-lead vocalist Mike Shinoda raps about falling bombs, saying: "When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die."

- As for the aesthetic makeover — for the first time, all six band members are on the new album cover, looking snazzy in leather jackets — Bennington laughed and said they had enjoyed "dressing like guys".

Thanks to lpxqwerty33!

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

*sniff sniff*

I smell Greenday :lol:

Urantia Girl

Urantia Girl Well-Known Member

Wow this is a whole lot of stuff that is somewhat hard to swallow.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I hope not, haha.

Good little read. Their really hyping up The Little Things Give You Away, hope it isn't a let down.

goodbyetonight

goodbyetonight Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. I'm not liking this at ALL. I'm really questioning if I'm going to buy the album now. There's nothing worse than bands preaching their political views. Linkin Park is the last band I'd think would do that, but lo and behold.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Psh.. an anti-war song. How original, Linkin Park. I am really hoping this album stays as far away from politics as possible. However, obviously, we can't avoid the one or two songs that are already shown to be political, the rest of this album better not be like that.

I've been very optimistic about this album, and have looked down on those who keep complaining about album length, the amount of tracks, etc., but I'm really not looking forward to yet another anti-war song. Maybe that's just me.

mis

mis Well-Known Member

I don't mind that LP are more conscience now, but I don't know that I like the new look. It seems to commercial and I liked it when they were themselves.

Urantia Girl

Urantia Girl Well-Known Member

I hate how a lot of bands are taking the political route. Yeah say what you belive but LP better not preach to the fans their views and the like.

Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

LP going political doesn't bother me at all. It's always good to hear something different from them.

dancingjesus

dancingjesus Member

I really think this is a case of a stupid media outlet not understanding Linkin Parks new vision and direction. I've seen other writeups on each song and interviews describing and there is no mention of dance pop songs.. This reporter is smoking the gahng.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
    Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I really don't mind this at all. I'm actually glad to hear they're taking a route like this.

As long as it's different from Meteora and Hybrid Theory, I'll be happy.

Spectral

Spectral Active Member

This actaully makes me more interested.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Id rather hear a subtle anti-war song where you can look at it in other ways.

Deewy

Deewy Well-Known Member

That part of Mike's verse really made me think of SOADish lyrics. This will be awesome.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

It sounds like he lifted something Daron Malakian wrote, and I just can't see it working for LP. Hopefully it will, though.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm not buying this album unless it's absolutely amazing.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I'm not getting this album unless someone else buys it for me. .. And they might.

dancingjesus

dancingjesus Member

I don't understand the constant "Im not getting this album" yet you guys spend hours devoting your time to reading and posting on a super fan linkin park site... If you dont want to support them then dont come here.

Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

I'M happy about the new lyrical approach LP is taking. Yes, their older songs were catchy, but it's about time they stopped writing songs about stuff that happened to them 15 years ago when they were in high school.

mis

mis Well-Known Member

I'm sure that the songs aren't preachy, that's not their style. I'm still gonna but the album. We all wanted something different and that's what LP are doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.